One

Purr-fect!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s raining heavily outside. The once bright sun has long disappeared and is replaced by a stretch of grey, bleak sky. He takes a sip of his hot chocolate, holding the cup tight between his palms to warm him up. It tastes just fine, a perfect companion in this gloomy weather. A sigh escapes his lips as he puts the cup back on the table and stares through the glass window, wondering if a cup of hot chocolate is really that perfect companion.

 

He can’t stop his brain from fantasying things, from questioning so many what if’s that’s been going around for a while since that initial day. Right. If only he didn’t run into his co-worker, Jongin, along with his cute fellow and his bright yellow eyes that’s close down to a mere slit, brown ears and a ing swishing tail that sunny afternoon, he wouldn’t mull over the flat, rectangular piece of stiff paper buried in the deep of his wallet. But here he is, torn. Although it’s been days since Jongin gave him the ID card, he can’t just shake off the thought of having a real, breathing companion. Someone (or something?) who will wait for him to come back home with a freshly home-made meals, maybe he’ll get the cuddly type and will be welcomed by a warm hug. How the mere thoughts has made him all giddy inside.

 

Kris Wu is a fine young man. He has his own house and a fairly paid job. He has the looks and surely would get any woman he desires in a blink of eyes. However, with all the assets he has, Kris stays single. No girlfriend let alone boyfriend to add more colors in his plain world. It’s not that he’s aual but the thoughts of dating could only make him cringe. He’s just too lazy to approach someone and start a relationship, getting to know other people’s life and let them get into his own. Kris doesn’t see the fun in it. Too complicated. Too much to do. And that’s why he keeps living by himself in his large house. But somehow, it gets boring lately. The house is too big for him, the silence always makes him feel uneasy and he realizes he dislikes it. Thus explains why he considers the card in his wallet. The process is easy, he just have to visit the web address and makes an order, preferably a cat or a bunny.

 

The problem is, it’s not merely a cat neither a bunny. Its a hybrid. Getting one for himself has never crossed his mind before. Yes, he knows about their kind but he never really minds them until now. They are created to a sole purpose of being a loyal companion for their master. They are created for those who are lonely, people like him. The old Kris would laugh at the thought of having some weird creature in his house, but now as time has spent to deeply think about it, he sees the perks of getting one. Unlike girlfriend, hybrid won’t demand anything from him, they are obedient creature and do as they told. That’s what gets Kris on his feet, pulling out his wallet and the hybrid shop’s ID card. He looks over it, weighing his decision once more. Will everything be okay once he types in the website address and makes his purchase? Kris doesn’t know but he’s willing to find out.

 

He retreats back to his bedroom and turns on his PC, waiting as it loads the data. After approximately two minutes, Kris places his palm over the mouse and maneuvers the pointer over the web browser icon before he finally double-clicks it and releases the breath he’s been holding, alright he can do this. He stares at the thin ID card, exhaling loudly and with a firm resolution, starts typing the web address.

 

Soon, his sight is filled with a colorful homepage and large, glittering “Planet Paws” at the top of the page. He swoons inwardly but quickly overcomes his excitement and clicks the Cat tags, he decides to purchase a cat after some inner debate.

 

Kris is grateful the page provides specification box to sort cats that match his needs. He puts in the cooking-skill ability, capable of doing the chores (well, he’s just a helpless lonely man after all), and playful then finally clicks the ‘search’ option. The page refreshes and a new page with several cats appear in front of him. He scrolls down and cringes at their price, holy , why are they so expensive?!

 

He almost exits the page and re-evaluates the choice when his eyes catch something interesting that has him stopped his movement. In between numerous cats, there’s this one hybrid that gets his attention. It doesn’t smile nor try to pretend to be cute like the other but it simply its head to the side and stares right to the camera, expressionless. But Kris can see it, can see through the blank yet beautiful crystal blue eyes. He sees a glint of mischievousness there, as if challenging the potential buyer to purchase the hybrid. Curious, he clicks the picture and a profile of the hybrid is what comes next.

 

The hybrid turns out to be a female cat and it’s safe to say that Kris’ surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter