CHAPTER 8

Where's trust when it's needed?

JONGHYUN'S POV

 

 

Today is thursday. Kibum and I have separate rehearsals for the upcoming competition. Since his rehearsals will end at 6pm and mine will start at the same time, I wouldn't be able to walk him home. I felt guilty so I wanted to do something special for him.

 

 

3:45 pm.

 

"Jjongie, I have to go now." I pulled him closer and placed my lips on top of his.

"So soon?" Key nodded and giggled lightly.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're cute when you pout. Don't miss me too much. I'll call you. See you at 6? Before your rehearsals."

"But I miss you already.."

"Hmm.." Key wiggled his eyebrows playfully and stole a kiss from me.

"I'll miss you too, Jjongie." We bid our goodbyes and he headed to the rehearsal room.

 

 

As soon as he got in the room, I excitedly skipped to the mall near our school. 2 hours left.

 

Since I know Key loves shopping, I wanted to buy him something he could use in the competition. I know my sense of fashion wasn't as good as his, but I'm pretty sure he'll like it. Right? Wrong? Whatever. I just want to make him happy whatever it takes.

 

Since I really have no idea what to buy for him, I just bought things he'll need for the rehearsals and competition. I bought him practice shirts and stylish chic shirts. I also bought him energy and comfort foods incase he would want one. I don't count these things special, but rather thoughtful. I ran over a flower shop and a picture of Key popped in my mind. Pink tulips, he would love those.

 

"Ahjumma, a bouquet of pink tulips please."

"How many would you want, sir?" I scratched my head, confused to the ahjumma's question.

"Uhm. Should be.. eight! It's eight!" The ahjumma laughed at my excitement outburst.

"Aigoo. You must be realy inlove.. She's very lucky to have you." I playfully clicked my tongue behind my teeth and chuckled.

"Aigoo, ahjumma. It's a he. But he's my princess." She gave me an amused smiled and giggled.

"Such a lucky man, indeed. I bet he's so loving."

"How'd you think so?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"You wouldn't give him these and those if he isn't." She pointed at my hand full of shopping bags and realization hit me.

"Yes, ahjumma. He's a loving person." I handed her my payment and thanked her sincerely.

"See you soon, son! Have a nice date with him!" I waved back at her and chuckled.

"Arasseo, eommeonim!"

 

 

I glanced at my watch. 5:30 pm.

 

'30 minutes left." Still on time.

 

I let out a contented sigh and headed back to school. I wasn't sure how to give all of these to Key in a special way. I really didn't have any time to think about it. How about just hand it to him? Or how about surprising him? No, not much time. My rehearsals will start at 6. No choice. I just have to hand it to him. He'll still be surprised and touched, for sure. Am I right? I was getting slightly nervous as I was getting close to the rehearsal room. The surroundings was so quiet since classes already ended. The only thing that could be heard was the music coming from the rehearsal room.

 

'How is he doing? Is he dong fine inside? I bet he is. He's the Almighty Key for Christ's sake.'

 

My trance stopped when I the door shot open, revealing some giggling students. They all looked tired, yet happy so I bet the rehearsals went fine. And hopefully, fun. Fun for my Key. I smiled at the thought of him wiping beads of sweat on his forehead. I silently laughed until I saw a very familiar figure in front of me. I stood up and pulled him into a tight hug, not minding other people's stares.

 

"Hey, I missed you." I softly cooed to his ears.

"I know. You were just silently laughing alone, thinking of me."

"How did you know?" I smirked as I cupped his face.

"I know you and your erted mind, Kim Jonghyun." We both laughed in unison, until I realized what was my purpose for being here.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" I handed him the shopping bags and I swear, I saw his eyes widen in excitement. He hurriedly took the bags and scanned over it.

"Wow, Jjongie! You bought all of this?" I proudly nodded.

"Thank youuuu!!!" He hugged me so tightly to the point that I was nearly suffocating.

"Uhhh-- K--Keyyy!"

"Oh! Sorry!" He swiftly let go of me and pecked me on the lips.

"Thank you, Jjong! So.. thoughtful! So sweet." I flashed him my full smile as I felt warm blood creeping up my cheeks. I never heard him say that to me. He was never too forward, ever.

"You're more than welcome, My Princess." We sat on the bench and he was still busy scanning the things I bought for him. I pulled the bouquet of pink tulips out of my bag and slowly handed it to him. His movement stopped and I heard his breath hitch.

"Jjong.." His eyes were getting teary.

"What? You don't like it?" I pulled the flowers back and faked a pout.

"Yah! Give that to me!" He snatched the flowers and hugged it, as if I had given him a teddy bear.

"Count them."

"What?"

"I said count them." He started to count the flowers and I heard him squeal a bit.

"Eight!" I wiggled my eyebrows playfully and looked at him proudly.

"I know it's still just October 4, but.. Advanced happy monthsary, baby." His teary eyes faced mine. I stared at his warm pools of chocolate as I melted into it. Our faces got closer and closer until our noses almost touched.

"Wow. An advanced celebration? Oh, Key. You're boyfriend is so cheap. Only giving you one celebration. Chukhahae." I heard an unfamiliar voice speak to us with so much sarcasm. I looked at him annoyed.

 

'What a way to ruin the moment.. Mind your own business douche bag.'

 

I kept all my anger inside. But I don't want to seethe in front of them.

 

"Donghae hyungnim!" Key literally jumped up and hugged Donghae.

 

'What the?'

 

"Jonghyun. This is Donghae hyung. One of the best dancer in the University." I forced out a little smile and looked away. I could feel my inside reeling out of anger.

 

'I'm not jealous. I'm not.'

 

The two made up their own conversation, excluding me. As if I don't exist.

 

'Okay. I'm jealous.'

 

I stood up and stormed out of the unwanted scene. I ran as fast as I could until I reached the school's back garden. I always go here whenever I experience emotional turmoils. I screamed in frustration as I let a tear escape from my eye. I sat on the big rock as I buried my face into my hands.

 

"This is not the reality I wanted."

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Misspelled words? I'm so sorry. I'm too lazy. LOL. =))

 

 

AN UPDATE AN UPDATE!

 

 

 

Well. I'm really not a comment . So.. I base people's judgements / likes / and dislikes to the number of subscribers and.. views? Haha. :))