CHAPTER 7

Where's trust when it's needed?

Their University will be helding a contest called 'The University Idol'. There will be two categories, such as singing and dancing. As expected, Key and Jonghyun were selected as their class' representative.

 

 

 

"Jjongie. I don't think I can do this. I.. I--" Jonghyun hushed him when he placed his soft lips on top of Kibum's.

"Of course you can do it, Yeobo. You're the best when it comes to dancing." Key let out a sigh of relief as he snuggled to Jonghyun's chest.

"Almighty Key, fighting!" Both chuckled at Jonghyun's childishness, but this helped Kibum regain the confidence he lost.

"Jjong."

"Hm?"

"Thank you." Jonghyun brushed the hair in Kibum's forehead and placed his lips in top.

"We can do this, Key."

 

 

Key and Jonghyun spent their free time, practicing. It's almost just a week left 'til the pre-judging night. The University gave each participant a copy of rehearsal schedules.

 

 

"Mine is 4 to 6pm. What's yours, Jjongie?"

"What?? That's unfair! Mine is 6 to 8pm. How will I be able to walk you home?" Jonghyun pouted.

"I can go home by myself, yeobo. I'm not a baby anymore."

"I can't let you do that. You're my baby. I don't want you to go home by yourself. It's dangerous."

"Sshh. Jjong, I can protect myself. I'm the Almighty Key, remember?" Jonghyun's eyes saddened, but then forced a smile. He wants to be with Key all the time. He wants to be the one to protect him. He wants to be always needed by Kibum, but then, Key always refuses and tell him that he can do it by himself. Jonghyun felt like he was so small, that he couldn't do anything for Key.

 

'Key doesn't need me. He can do everything by himself. Then what am I for?'

 

 

Jonghyun just kept quiet the whole time he walked Key home. Key felt uneasy to his lover's silence.

 

 

"Jjongie, are you alright?" Jonghyun forced another smile and nodded. Key thought that maybe, Jonghyun was just tired. But then, Key noticed the space between them. It was to wide. He got used to Jonghyun's clingyness and stuff, but Jonghyun was suddenly keeping his distance away from him. Key felt a pang of pain shot through him.

 

'Is he mad?'  Key fought his tears back, trying to act strong again.

 

"Are you mad at me?" Jonghyun tensed up by his sudden question. He stared through Key's saddened eyes and shook his head slightly.

"No, Yeobo I'm not."

"Then why are you like this?"

"Like what?"

"Stop playing innocent, dummy." Jonghyun sighed in defeat. He stared at his feet and fiddled his hands.

"Okay, you got me. I'm sorry for acting like this, Kibummie."

"Then why were you like that? Tell me."

"It's because.."

"What?"

"I feel like you don't need me. It's like you can do everything without me. Kibummie, I want to feel needed by you. Only you." Key stared at him, confused with what's going on.

"I need you, Jjong. I do need you. Always." Jonghyun looked away and sighed.

"I don't feel like that.." Key pulled him closer.

"Owww. It hurts."

"Look at me." Jonghyun looked at him, half annoyed, half sad.

"I need you. Believe me. I can't live without you, Kim Jonghyun."

"But you can do everything.."

"That doesn't matter. And I can't do everything. My heart will stop beating if you leave me. Babo." After hearing that, Jonghyun cracked a sly smile.

"Yeobo."

"Stop grinning like a babo."

"Yeobo."

"Yah, babo! Aish."

"I'm your babo. I love you, Key. My Yeobo." A smile formed in Key's face. He forced a loud groan and hit Jonghyun playfully on his arms.

"You cheesy babo."

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A cheesy update. LOL. :))