Chapter 8

FYI... He's Mine

'Donghaeeee!' Eric shouted and opened his brother's room without knocking.

'Omg, you startled me hyung! What do you want?' Donghae literally jumped off from his bed due to shock.

He was finishing his homework and was using his laptop for some research. Luckily that the laptop didn't fall off from bed, because if that happened, Donghae would chop his brother's head off.

'Just heard about today's game, Congrats baby bro! I'm so proud of you' Eric hugged him and then slumped down into his bed.

Donghae smiled and sit besides him in the bed, 'Thank you hyung. You don't know how happy I am today'

'But yet someone had to ruin it' Donghae frowned when he thought about Jessica's mean words to Eunhyuk.

'What happened?'

Eric sit up to listen to Donghae's story and after gaining his full attention, Donghae told him everything, starting from the beginning of the game until when he yelled at Jessica for being such a ty .

'You seem to really love this friend of yours. Siwon is it?' Eric asked even when he knows the answer to it.

'No, it's not Siwon. It's someone else. Someone different' Donghae smiled softly while hugging his fluffy pillow.

Eric just smiled at his manly brother and is happy to see his brother growing and starting to learn to fall in love. Life is gonna be tough on him but Eric knows that he could manage it. Apart from congratulating him, Eric actually has something important to discuss with Donghae.

'Donghae-ah' Eric called softly.

'Yes hyung?' Donghae stopped doing his work and turned his body to Eric.

'What do you want to be when you get older?'

'Hmm, I don't know yet but I want to be successful. Just like dad and you!' Donghae grinned.

Eric smiled and ruffled his hair, 'I'm not a successful person yet. But Hae, I'm planning that after I managed to improvise our family business, I would want you to take over the company. I know that you're still young and still learning, but I can see a potential in you. You have a better thinking skill than I am and the company definitely needs someone like you. Plus you always said that you want to help dad with his company'

'E-Ehhh? But why so sudden hyung? Is everything okay?' Donghae tilted his head to check if his brother is alright or not.

'I'm fine. So what say you? When you have turn 23 years old, I would pass down the company to you right after you graduate' Eric persuade him.

The main reason why he wants to have this talk with Donghae is because he wanted to persuade Donghae to take over the company right after he graduates which makes Eric 28 years old and Donghae 23. He wanted to have a peaceful and happy life with Hyesung after they get married. Without having to care about their fathers' drama.

Don't get him wrong ; he doesn't want to escape from responsibilities but he just doesn't want to be the visual of the company where people would constantly watch him from time to time. And yes, Eric is planning to propose to Hyesung as soon as possible after they could find the right timing to tell their parents. He and Hyesung didn't actually have a legit talk about marriage because they know it's something that they both want and that they are ready to commit.

'I'm sorry hyung but I don't want anything to do with the company' Donghae cautiously said. He didn't want to make his brother angry.

'Eh? But why? I thought you want it?' Eric gave him a puzzled look.

'That was before but not anymore. I decided that I want to be something else. I'm not sure yet but I'll figure it out later. I-I'm sorry hyung' Donghae sighed sadly, he really didn't want to make his brother feel disappointed in him.

Another reason is that he doesn't want Eunhyuk to hate him when he becomes the CEO in his company. He knows that he can't stop the rivalries that is going on between his father and Eunhyuk's. To protect Eunhyuk from being hurt, he will try to stay away from the family business as far as he can.

Eric chuckled softly, 'Aigoo, it's okay, I'm not mad Donghae-ah. At least now I know how you feel about it'

Eric got off from the bed and made his way out from Donghae's room before saying, 'I'm glad to have this talk with you, baby brother. Goodnight now, don't stay up too late!'

'Goodnight hyung, love you!' Donghae grinned and continued to do his work after his door closed.

Outside of the room, Eric fished out his phone and texted a very familiar number.

*Hey baby, are you having the 'talk' right now?*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Eunhyukkieeee' Hyesung called out his brother's name when he couldn't find the younger guy anywhere.

'In the game room' Eunhyuk yelled.

Hyesung smiled and walked towards the respective room. He saw Eunhyuk who was playing Warcraft on the TV Plasma using his latest model design Xbox.

'Hey there' Hyesung smiled.

Eunhyuk paused his game and gave his brother his gummy smile. Hyesung slowly slumped down into the sofa behind Eunhyuk causing the younger guy to turn around to face Hyesung.

'Is everything alright hyung?'

'Yeah. Eunhyuk-ah, I want to discuss something with you'

'What is it hyung? Did I do something wrong?' Eunhyuk asked nervously and trying to recall all the things that might triggers this 'serious' talk.

'Hahaha of course not silly' Hyesung ruffled his hair.

'Actually...' Hyesung started persuading Eunhyuk about how he wanted his little brother take over the company with the excuse that he's not interested in business management.

Since he was a little kid, Hyesung has performing art blood in him as his mother was a well-known musical actress before marrying her husband, Leeteuk. And as a result, Hyesung was born with an angelic voice and incredible singing ability. He always spend his free time in the recording studio to make covers and sometimes Eric would help him by writing a new song as he has the talent in composing.

After spending 10 minutes talking, Hyesung gave Eunhyuk his best cute face that would somehow (he hope) melts Eunhyuk's heart by saying yes.

'Please please please! You know you love me right'

Eunhyuk sighed. He knows that he couldn't say no to that face but he also knows that he doesn't want to get involve in the business world. Especially when he's now friends with the son of his dad's rival and he didn't want to affect his friendship. Even if he tries to hangout or even talk casually with Donghae, people around him would notice and that would cause fury to his father if he finds out.

'Hyung, you're the best brother I ever had and I love you dearly. But I really don't want to take over dad's company. I'm just not interested' Eunhyuk said.

Hyesung just sighed and gave him a weak smile, 'I know baby bro, I was just trying my luck'

He stood up and made his way up the door. Before he opened it, he could feel Eunhyuk hugging him from the back.

'I'm sorry hyung' Eunhyuk mumbled.

'It's fine, don't think about it. I'm glad that I know how you feeling and I'm relieved to have this talk with you'

'Really?' Eunhyuk looked up to his brother that he looks up to the most.

Hyesung nodded and kissed his head, 'Just don't stay up late, if not I would kick your out the house. Goodnight Eunhyukkie'

'Goodnight hyung, love you!' Eunhyuk grinned and continued playing his game.

While walking towards his room, he could feel his phone vibrated in his pocket. He took out only to see Eric's text.

*Hey baby, are you having the 'talk' right now?*

Hyesung sighed and replied,

*Just had, it seems that it's no :'( What about you?*

After making himself comfortable on the bed, he received a reply.

*It's a no from me too :( I guess that we should work harder to persuade our dads*

Hyesung sighed once again. He and Eric both know that persuading their dads to be on the good term is the hardest thing ever since it's been going on for 20 years. Somehow the thought of having to leave Eric scares the hell out of him.

*But what if they don't want to give our blessings? What if they force you to leave me? What if your family marries you with someone else? It's just...*

Having the thoughts made Hyesung in tears and now he was sobbing quietly in his bed. He doesn't want the thoughts affected him but it's just one of those nights where you think too much.

Just at that time, his phone rang. Hyesung quickly wiped his tears with his shirt and picked up the phone.

'H-Hello'

'Hey there beautiful. Wanna talk about it?' Eric said with his soft voice.

Eric was certain that the boyfriend of his is currently crying in the bed trying to sound normal as possible. Too bad (for Hyesung) that Eric knows the slender guy better than anyone else.

Hyesung just nodded in reply and even though Eric couldn't see it, he knows.

'Baby, listen to what I'm gonna say now. First I'm gonna make sure that they'll give their blessings to us no matter what. And no one can force me to leave you not even our own parents. The thought of me leaving you is just absurd and impossible. I won't let my parents marry me off baby, I just won't hurt you like that. Hyesungie, look at your wrist now'

Hyesung who has calmed down stared at his wrist.

'What does it say?'

'Forever Yours'

'Yes and you'll be Forever Mine babe. Just remember that I love you every single second and I will be by your side through thick and thin'

'Just go to sleep now. I'll be on the phone until you've fallen asleep'

'O-Okay' Hyesung slowly closed his eyes and minutes later, he could hear guitar strumming softly on the other side of the phone.

He smiles before going to his dreamland and before hearing, 'Goodnight my little prince'