No sir, I am not a mutant!

Selfishness has an i but mine has u.

Myungsoo hates bad weather. Flying is so hard when you have to fly through rain. Water keeps going in Myungsoo's eyes. The thunder is especially worse because if it touches Myungsoo he'll fall and it would hurt a lot espetially since he's so far up in the sky. He should be higher but he decided to fly lower even though his brother Sunggyu had told him to keep flying high so that he could reach his house faster.

Contrary to popular belief Myungsoo's house wasnt the clouds. It was high in the sky and it was hidden from the humans. It wasn't that humans had ever done anything to Myungsoo's kind, on the contrary they had some strange belief that Myungsoo's kind was some holy being to carry the commands of their God. Not that Myungsoo didn't believe in God, he didn't neseccarily think there was someone looking out for him or the humans. Myungsoo believed in flying. Maybe some God did create him and everyone else but obviously the God had left them all to their own devices.

Myungsoo smiled as he realized he was almost home. As he started flying higher lightning struck and hit his left wing, and he screamed and fell. 

Sungyeol was drinking hot mocha inside his house while looking out his window. He thought to himself how the weather was so beautiful. It was storming outside, and the lightning in the sky looked so beautiful. Suddenly there was a brigth flash and a strong gust of wind. Sungyeol blinked and watched as a boy with wings fell in his backyard. Sungyeol thought to himself that all the stress had finally done him in. He blinked a couple of times then walked out into the rain to check if the boy was real or not.

Myungsoo was in a lot of pain. He fell in what he guessed was someone's backyard. He closed his eyes and tried his best not to cry because he was in a lot of pain. He felt as if he had broken a hell of a lot of bones when he fell. He was however very thankful that his body was healing itself like it always did. Though the pain would be there for some time. He finally opened his eyes when he felt as if someone was trying to suffocate him.

Sungyeol wanted to check if this stranger was real so he plugged Myungsoo's nose. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Tears escaped the winged boy's eyes making him look heavenly as he opened his eyes. The stranger removed Sungyeol's hand, closed his eyes and went back to looking dead.

Myungsoo stayed on the floor for some time. He opened his eyes after the pain became bearable and the first thing he saw was the boy who had previously been holding his nose before, sitting drenched in the rain, shivering in front of him. The boy was staring intensely at Myungsoo.

Sungyeol was cold and wet. He loved rain as much as the next guy but this was crazy, he didn't want to be drenched in rain. Sungyeol however had figured out what he was dealing with; he had a mutant in his backyard who had come to take him to be a part of the X-Men. However this mutant was horrible, since he had failed at his job and crash landed in Sungyeol's yard. Sungyeol always suspected he was special and that Angel (the mutant with wings in X-Men) was a hot asian looking boy.

"Are you a mutant here to make me a part of X-Men?"

"What?"

"You have wings!"

"Yes"

"You're a mutant"

"No"

"No need to hide it from me. While you were crying I figured everything out."

"I'm pretty sure you are confused sir, and I wasn't crying."

"It's ok mutant. I'll miss mom and I know you think this would be hard on me, but you see I'm ok with this."

"...."

"Mutant, why are you not speaking."

"I'm not a mutant."

"Don't lie mutant."

"No sir, I am not a mutant!"

"Then what are you?"

"I'm a syiongle"

"What's that?"

"A winged person."

Thunder struck loudly close to Sungyeol's house.

"Let's go inside my house. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sick. Follow me syiongle"

"I don't want to move I'm in pain."

"Can I drag you in?"

"Why do you want me to go inside your house?"

"I wanna know more about you."

Sungyeol smiled and Myungsoo felt his heart skip a beat. He got up slowly since he was still in a lot of pain and followed the drenched boy inside the house. Myungsoo folded his wings after flapping them once to try get some water out and went inside. He noticed how the interior was quite cluttered from the inside. The boy went inside a room and Myungsoo sat on the floor and stared at his surrounding. 

Sungyeol walked out in a fresh warm pair of clothing. He had dried himself and had wrapped a towel around his hair. He came out to see the syiongle sitting, staring at his picture with his friend/roommate.

"That's Hoya. He's my friend and he lives here with me. He probably wont be here till late at night, because he has work to do."

"I see. Is Hoya your brother?"

"No, he's like my brother but he's not my brother. I don't have a biological brother. My family is just me and my parents, but my parents are currently in Canada."

"Why aren't you with them?"

"You ask too many questions. No fair, I wanted to be the person who asked the questions."

"Ask away"

"Do you have a name?"

"Myungsoo"

"What a pretty name you have Myungsoo. My name is Sungyeol. Let's be friends. Now tell me about yourself."

"Well I live a pointless life. I just fly and look at the world from above. I have a soul brother. That's it."

"No life is pointless. Don't say your life is pointless. Oh and what is a soul brother?"

"Soul brother is someone who was born at the same time as you, who would be first to know if you die. A soul brother or soul sister is basically your GPS. In the sky there are no roads so you can get lost but if you have a soul brother or sister you always know how to get to them. Though the skies are our home so we barely ever get lost."

"What if you're both lost?"

"The we fly and search for our house together. We're lonely creatures you see. A soul brother or sister will always remind you you're not alone."

"What about parents?"

"My parents flew away from our house when I was young."

"What about normal brothers or sisters by the same parents."

"Our females only give birth to one kid."

"Do they have periods?"

"No"

"Interesting."

"What about you?"

"I'm just Sungyeol. My last name is Lee. I am a university student studying engeneeiring but I have taken a year off to sort out my life."

"Why do you need to sort out your life?"

"I'm hungry! Are you hungry?"

"Not really."

"Great! I'll bring over our food."

Sungyeol and Myungsoo ate and afterwards, Sungyeol forced Myungsoo to watch many dramas with him and shows about angels and mutants and got more information out of Myugsoo. Sungyeol showed Myungsoo how to use the laptop and then finally Sungyeol decided that Myungsoo was going to stay the night since the weather outside was not fit for flying conditions.

Myungsoo realized Sungyeol didn't talk about why he took the year off from his school, though Myungsoo did learn that his new friend loved a drink called Americano, watched something called a lot, loved to joke around and got around the place. Sungyeol was smart and funny and quite likeable, but as Myungsoo later found out much to his suprise, he was one of the few who thought of Sungyeol this way.

Sungyeol found out that Myungsoo's kind finishes school at an early age. They learn everything while they're flying around. Myungsoo knows a lot about humans but hasn't expereinced many things firsthand. Sungyeol thought that Myungsoo was really sweet and had funny stories to tell about the stuff he had seen while flying around. Myungsoo's kind seemed to be so carefree.

 

Myungsoo would not admit it but he was extreamly happy that he had made a friend.

 

Sungyeol would not amit it but he was happy that he finally had met a person to talk and listen to. 



AN: Is anyone else wondering why Sungyeol doesn't want to talk about why he took the year off? I'll give you a hint It's not because he was addicted to coffee.