Chapter 6

Mélange

tumblr_inline_n8809gudSy1rqiigu.gif

      "When everyone else laughed, I saw his expression falter."      

 

Tension

      Though my conversation and alone time with SeHun went well, I just kept thinking about it in a negative way. I scrunched up in the new, comfortable bed and ran my fingers along the scars that were still apparent. Some were bumpy, some were in places that couldn't be seen, and other some were just thin white lines. I wanted them to disappear. I wanted to go back and tell myself not to do it. Maybe meeting KyungSoo would have been different. Maybe moving in this house would have been a lighter and more comfortable feeling for me.

      SeHun had asked me if I liked KyungSoo.. and though I had told him that it was way too early to answer, I couldn't lie to myself any longer. Yes, I wanted to hand out with other people other than KyungSoo but no matter what I did, I automatically ran to him. The more I thought about, the more I wished to have met him in a different way. If we had coincidentally reunited with smiles, our relationship would have worked out just fine.

      I reached into the bag of my old clothes and brought out a blade I had kept. It was crazy enough that I had it but I must have been really out of my mind to have kept it after being released from the hospital. I let his press ever so gently against my skin and slid it down my left forearm. I watched the brick-colored liquid form into beads before it fell from either side of my arm and I felt it drain down onto the white carpet of the room.

      I threw my head into my hands and asked that man in heaven; "Why am I like this?"

      Regretting what I had just done, I wrapped one of my old shirts around my left arm and tried to clean the red stain that I had left with my other arm. No matter how hard I tried, the curse planted itself near my bed and in sight. Sighing, I took the small couch and placed it over the mark.

      "I've got to stop."

      // Next Morning

      As I opened my dry eyes, the sun said hello in an unusually bright and cheery way. It hit my wound directly and I could almost feel it burning. I dragged myself to my feet and took the blood-stained shirt to the bathroom. I tried to wash it out but it had dried so well that it wouldn't budge. Once I gave up, the shirt was in the trash and I pulled on a new long sleeved shirt that I had just bought.

      "HaNeul?" KyungSoo knocked on my door, "Are you awake yet?"

      I quickly pulled my shirt down and calmly hid my arm behind the door as I opened it;

      "H-how could I be sleeping?" I tapped my foot, "It's already ten."

      KyungSoo stepped in the room and gave the room a good look, "How was the first night?"

      "G-Good.."

      As he walked around the room, KyungSoo's expression soured and turned to look at me;

      "What's that smell?"

      "W-what smell?"

      "It smells like copper in here.." he sighed, "It must be because we didn't use this room for a very long time."

      "I-It's okay..." I walked out before him, "I like the room just how it is."

      I hadn't known that his sense of smell was so good and I also did not expect blood to have such a strong scent to it. It was almost as if the smell was reaping everywhere I went.

      "What are we doing today?" I asked as I skipped down the spiral staircase and into the living room, "S-something.. fun?"

      "Oh, nothing," he shrugged before handing me a box, "I just got you this."

      As I opened it, my jaw fell open, "A.. phone?"

      "Though you said you were getting one soon, I couldn't wait," he shrugged and pulled out his to reveal matching cases, "I saved my number down already."

      "Thank you.." I genuinely loved the surprise, "Thank you.."

      KyungSoo patted my head and slid his pretty fingers down my hair and onto my shoulder, "I have to work today... but I want you to stay with the others and eat breakfast, okay?"

      "Okay."

      He flashed his heart-shaped smile at my once again, "Call or text me if you have anything you want to talk about."

      I watched him exit the big, blue house and into his Lexus. The way he elegantly pulled one foot in after the other made me realize that he was definitely a man. He even locked the seat belt, checked the rear, and pulled out of the driveway nicely. I had never watched someone leave for everyone that I had before, left.

      As I started to feel very sensitive, I lightly patted my raw forearm and walked over to the kitchen where KyungSoo's breakfast was still warm. With every appreciated bite, I thought of him, I thought of this new experience that I was receiving and I was thankful. At the same time, I felt remorseful, for I was too helpless and too dependent to help anyone.

      "Good morning," ChanYeol rubbed his eye and clumsily walked over to where I sat, "Did Kyungi leave already?"

      "Kyungi...?"

      "Ah, sorry," he laughed with a low and husky tone, "KyungSoo."

      "Yeah, he left," I pointed to the food, "He said to eat."

      "Thanks," he took out a pair of chopsticks from the cupboard and dug into the warm, fluffy rice. There were sausages and other types of vegetables but ChanYeol seemed to skip the vegetables.

      "You don't like eating greens?"

      He smiled, "I'm still a kid."

      "Right," I elongated my comment, "And you're how old?"

      "One year older than you," he smiled brightly.

      "Is there anything that you want to do today?"

      "KyungSoo said to just stay with you guys.. so, I guess, if you all go somewhere, I'll follow."

      Sighing, he put down his fork and mumbled quietly to himself, "KyungSoo, KyungSoo.. always KyungSoo..."

      "Is something wrong?" I asked, "What about KyungSoo?"

      I watched as he moved his head from side to side, "I think I'll go and get dressed."

      His back figure became gloomy as he made his way up the flight of stairs. I couldn't tell but I figured that I had made him displeased or annoyed in some way. For that, I felt sorry but I didn't know what for.

      Slowly, as the hours ticked by, the people who didn't work that day met up in the living room. I sat next to ChanYeol and they all discussed about where they should take me since I haven't been out and about for a while. Though I felt like a burden, it would be nice to breath fresh air.

      "Why don't we just go to the amusement park?" BaekHyun suggested.

      "Yeah," XiuMin agreed with his cheek-filled smile, "That might be fun!"

      "But it's cold," Chen disagreed, "We don't want her to get sick."

      I shook my head, "No, I want to go."

      Finally coming to a decision, we dressed warmly and headed out on foot instead of taking the car. They thought that it would be a great experience for me to see the outside world... but I was't a locked in child. When I was younger, I saw everything. I saw the stars move. I saw the empty fields become parking lots and small businesses. I saw everything. It was just that I shut myself in so suddenly after high school that made me the way I was.

      Just before we arrived at the amusement park, I played around with my phone to try and get a feel as to how it worked. Once I got into the contacts, KyungSoo and my own number were the only two saved there. I hesitated at first, but KyungSoo did say I could text him if I had wanted to, so I sent him a message and told him that we were going to an amusement park.

      "HaNeul," ChanYeol came over and grabbed my hand, "Let's go!"

      We were getting our hands stamped by the employees as a proof that we paid. Once I stepped foot into the wide, open area, my jaw dropped on its own. I had never been to something so great like this before. There were roller coasters and just normal rides for little kids. Food and candy. Everything. I had suddenly forgotten that I had text KyungSoo.

      I tugged at ChanYeol's jacket and pointed to a tall and huge ride that shot straight upwards, "I want to go on that!"

      He gawked at me and backed away, "N-no, I'm good."

      Laughing, I dragged him and SeHun with me, "We're going!"

      The two were ting their-selves as they sat on either side of me. The ride started to move upwards in a circular motion and once we reached the top, ChanYeol and SeHun were already calling for their own mothers. Unable to control my laughter, I barely even felt it when the ride dropped at a fast rate.

      "I-I think.." SeHun's legs wobbled as he stepped down the stairs, "We chose the wrong place to come to."

      "It was fun!" I smiled, "Let's go again!"

      "No!"

      I had only wanted to tease them but they were so scared that I got a great laugh out of it. I was scared of people and judgment, but things like this weren't scary at all.

      As I felt a vibration from my phone, I quickly checked it and saw that KyungSoo had text me ten times in a row. Each one had a different message, basically asking me the same thing;

      10:20 Did you eat breakfast before going?

      10:20 Make sure to eat!

      10:21 I can't be there with you but have fun with the guys!

      10:21 Scare ChanYeol and SeHun for me!

      10:24 Oh, I'm getting off early!

      10:24 Could I come by?

      10:25 Which amusement park did you go to?

      10:26 HaNeul?

      10:30 ??

      I tried to reply as fast as I could but before I could even hit the send button, a light finger tapped my shoulder. When I turned around, I saw that KyungSoo tried to regain air while he slicked his quiff up towards the back of his head. Smiling at me, he showed me a text that he received from BaekHyun;

      "BaekHyun already told me," he huffed, "Seems like he wanted me to join the fun."

      My heart skipped a beat but I couldn't help myself. I jumped onto him, attacking him with a big hug and almost threw the both of us onto the floor. As sturdy as he was, KyungSoo planted his heel into the ground to keep up standing straight as he lifted me off my feet and into the air.

      "Let's go have fun!" I pointed towards the Acrophobia machine I had just rode on.

      "Woah!"

      KyungSoo and I gladly ran to the line and impatiently waited, for we couldn't wait to feel the adrenaline rush through our bodies. It felt like the two of us were in our own world, and that the rest of the guys didn't matter.

      "You two have fun!" BaekHyun giggled to himself, "We're going to go book a restaurant."

      "Come by when you're done!" XiuMin winked at me.

      "Eyy," SeHun pointed at us with squinty eyes, "You two are so cute."

      They all laughed happily as we waved goodbye. I didn't feel sad that they were leaving all of a sudden because I had KyungSoo. When I experienced something with him, I felt that it was worth the while. But, as I watched BaekHyun and the other leaving, ChanYeol stood still, watching us. While everyone else laughed, I saw his expression falter.

      "ChanYeol-ah!" I called out to him, "Come over here!"

      Even if I had felt happy with just KyungSoo alone, I didn't like feeling like I left someone behind. When he head my voice, he smiled widely from ear to ear and ran over to join us on the ride.

      "I thought you were afraid," I .

      "It's funner with you," he cheekily winked at me, "And KyungSoo, of course."

      ChanYeol extended his hand past me and towards KyungSoo. Once the hands were linked, their smiles became bigger. The two didn't make eye contact, but the expression of content on their faces told me that that was all the contact they needed to make sure their friendship was still in tact. To me, that was how they showed that they loved one another—As if they were real brothers.


Author's Note;

Omona! I just have to admit that while writing this, I was squealing to myself. I can't take the amount of ChanYeol, SeHun, and KyungSoo pictures that keep popping up in my imagination. It just kills me. haha! Well, I hope that this chapter will be the turn for things.. and then many more turns to come! So, if you want, please sub, comment, upvote.. anything! :) I love you all! ♥