Chapter 3

Mélange

Favim.com-kpop-exo-exok-chanyeol-smile-6

      "Even though ChanYeol was manly, he had a very cute side."      

 

Changing

      Three nights later, I was alone with KyungSoo once again but I only seemed to remember looking at his calm and undisturbed sleeping posture. His heart shaped smile couldn't be seen because he hung his head towards the chest. There was just something about the way he smiled that made me feel as though I were happy. To you, it may be strange but I felt like we had never been apart, and that we had always together. If he didn't notice me when he did, I probably would have ran home and probably would have done another session of cutting.

      In the little time that we've seen each other, he's changed me so much, or was it me and he just happened to be there at the right time? Whichever one, KyungSoo is still connected with the fact that I was becoming someone new.

      Speaking of time, when I woke up, SuHo told me that I had been so fatigued that my body went into slumber. Though it was only for a week, KyungSoo came everyday and watched over me. That's what made me surprised... He cared so much but why?

      "I want to take better care of you cause I wasn't able to do that before."

      What did he mean? I remember that he took very good care of me back in our high school days. There was still the mystery of how he became my guardian and how I came to be under KyungSoo's custody. I don't remember my family telling me anything like that.. All I remembered was that I was left behind to fend for myself.

      KyungSoo stirred in his sleep before he slowly opened his eyes. One eye was seeing more of the dark room than the other could, causing him to give me a confused looked. As I chuckled to myself, he sat up on the couch and stretched his arms towards the ceiling, revealing a little bit of skin and the band of a Calvin Klein underwear.

      "Why are you up?" he asked with a low and husky, "You didn't sleep?"

      I shook my head from side to side and pulled my long hair onto the left side of my neck, "I wanted to know something."

      "What is it?"

      As he clumsily walked over to the chair that sat at the foot of my bed, I looked at his eyes;

      "How are you my guardian?"

      "It's a long story actually," he laughed, "It's like this: SuHo and I live together and I asked him to pull a few strings."

      Without realizing it, my jaw fell from it's place and my eyebrows rose up, causing my forehead to have wrinkles. KyungSoo basically told me that he had a friend who was illegally tethering with thing and yet again, I was surprised. I didn't know that he hung out with those type of people, or better yet, I didn't know what type of people he hung out with on a daily basis.

      "So.. it's a lie?"

      "Of course," he said while yawning, "We're the same age abd I don't know if I could have custody of you anyway."

      "What if someone finds out?"

      He rose his shoulders up and down slowly, "It wouldn't really matter. It's being switched back after your discharged from the hospital."

      "I see."

      I felt so sad then, and for what reason? I didn't know. Not being under his care suddenly made me feel depressed and I refused to make eye contact with him.

      "Are you disappointed?" he let one side of his mouth reach up towards his big, curious eyes, revealing that heart-shaped smile once more, "Did you want to be under my care?"

      "I-It's not like that," I tried to defend myself, "You see, I-!"

      Before I could finish, KyungSoo came closer to my face and cocked his head to the right while his hand trailed itself into my hair. Suddenly, I became frozen under his control.

      "I did this before," he said as he let our lips get closer and closer but never touching, "Remember?"

      Any closer, and I would have died—No, I didn't remember that he did or even tried to kiss me before. Maybe I had to think about it some more but I remember my heart beating so fast that I pushed him away with great force, causing him to fall backwards onto the marble tiles.

      "That hurt," he rubbed where my small hands attacked his chest, "You're pretty strong."

      "It your fault." I mumbled.

      "I was just teasing you," he laughed and got up to his feet, "I got a good reaction out of you."

      I turned my face away from him to hide the embarrassment that I felt. Once he rested back onto his couch, I watched the sun rise as it peeked through the thick curtains of the hospital room. It was only then that I remembered that I had never seen the sun rising before. So, I let my callused feet touch the cold floor and walked over to pull the curtains away from one another.

      "It's pretty.."

      The beautiful yellow blend with the dark pink and purple had me smiling from ear to ear. I had never experienced something so heartwarming in my entire life but the most important thing, was that it was with KyungSoo. When he came out of nowhere, it was as if every dark minute of my life brightened up.

      "Today, you'll be moving into my home." he joined me at the window and flicked the latch, "That's okay, right?"

      I let the wind hit my already cold cheeks as I enjoyed the fresh air, "What about my apartment?"

      "Your landlord told me to just leave it and that she'd clean it."

      I turned to face him with my cringed expression, "You saw it?"

      "Of course," he laughed, "How can you live like that?"

      Hesitating, I crossed my arms over one another and rested my head on my forearm, "I got by three years living like that.."

      "How did you have money to pay for the place?"

      "It's not like I don't work," I looked out to the city below us, "I write for a living. It was the easiest thing for me since I couldn't meet people eye to eye.."

      "Write?" he was very enveloped in the conversation, making me a little uncomfortable, "What exactly did you write about?"

      Turning quickly to say something, I noticed that someone had been standing at the door. Our eyes met but I adverted my gaze back onto KyungSoo who seemed to be unaware of another presence in the room.

      "What's wrong?" he asked me before turning to see who it was.

      I watched as KyungSoo opened his arms and wrapped them around the waist of the taller man. The other man's broad shoulders turned as he held KyungSoo's head tightly between his chest and forearms. It was awkward for me to just stand there, but I couldn't do anything. It was a long hug before they turned their attention towards me.

      "This is Park ChanYeol, just one year older. You remember him right?"

      Looking at him from head to toe (carefully avoiding any eye contact), I saw that he wasn't anything special. His ripped-style jeans and dark, rust colored t-shirt made him unapproachable, at least for me. He seemed like a total play boy, someone who breaks girl's hearts and I definitely didn't want to be one of those girls.

      He bowed in a cute and reserved way, "It's great to see you again."

      I only remembered that I stared at him for the longest time because I was unsure if I knew him like they said. KyungSoo was the only person I seemed to remember at this point and it sort of made me sad. Though I had said that I didn't want to approach him, the more I looked at ChanYeol, the more I wanted to befriend him.

      "He's my roommate, and your new one." KyungSoo grasped my small hand into his larger one and brought me closer to ChanYeol, "You two talk. I'll go get the car ready."

      I reached out to the KyungSoo I became so comfortable with in such a short time but he quickly strode down the hallway. I was left to awkwardly stand next to ChanYeol and once again avoided eye contact at all costs.

      ChanYeol decided to break the silence first and bent down to see my face more clearly, "You're just like how I remembered."

      His voice was even deeper than KyungSoo's own and it sent shivers down my spine, for my right ear was quite sensitive. Steering clear of eye contact, I examined his facial features and how tall he was. ChanYoel was about two heads taller than KyungSoo and his ears stuck out like an elf's. His wide mouth surprisingly matched his long and narrow face, making him very attractive.

      "Look into my eyes," he said, "You used to all the time, and plus, I'm not scary."

      Just like he asked, I let my eyes slowly travel towards his own. Once the two pairs were matched, I could feel my heart bursting. His eyes were full of love and happiness, more than what mine could handle at the time. I also saw that ChanYeol had very dark eyes, almost as if it were reflecting night time.

      "Our eyes are the same," he swept his straight fringe to one side, "I'm glad."

      "The same?"

      "Yea," he smiled while picking up my things, which were kept in a plastic bag, "We have eyes that are full of caring."

      Though I didn't know what he meant by that just yet, I nodded my head slowly and we walked down the busy hospital hall until an elevator approached. I swallowed harshly as my heart raced faster and faster. Thirteen, twelve, eleven.. The numbers counted down until it reached our floor (seventh). Once the doors opened, ChanYeol walked in, leaving me to stand there by myself.

      "What's wrong?" he asked, exiting the elevator before it could close on him.

      "I-I can't ride elevators.."

      He bit his bottom lip and then used his height to look past the busy hallway, "There's an emergency exit, let's take the stairs."

      Nodding, I followed with my hand clutching at the back of his t-shirt, "Sorry."

      "It's no big deal," he started, "We all have our own fears."

      ChanYeol was defnitely way taller than me, which meant that his legs were longer than my own, but he kept a slow pace with me. Since I had just gotten discharged from the hospital, I still felt a little dizzy. They had fed me some lipids since my body couldn't take the sight of whole foods—Even if I tried to bite into the flesh of chicken, I threw it back up. Though, KyungSoo's smoothies were the only things I seemed to be eating.

      "Do you like any greens?" ChanYeol asked as we made our way down the flight of stairs.

      "I guess so," I let go of his shirt and walked behind his huge figure, "I'm not really sure."

      "KyungSoo told me that you always finish the smoothies he makes for you."

      "Oh, he makes them?"

      "Yeah, our KyungSoo is always cooking something up in the kitchen." ChanYeol let his hand slide down the railing, "He's our main chef at home."

      "Home..."

      "He cooked a lot of stuff to celebrate your discharge from the hospital. I know that you're still having problems with eating but, even if it's just a small bite, please try the food that he worked so hard on."

      I smiled at ChanYeol's warm thought towards KyungSoo, "I promise."

      We linked our pinkies together and I no longer felt afraid to look up into ChanYeol's eyes. At that time, I felt really bad for not remembering him, so while we stayed quiet and walked down a couple for stairs, I went over my high school days. It wasn't that I didn't try hard enough, it was plainly because I couldn't remember "Park ChanYeol," or anything about him. Though I felt happy that someone like him could remember me, I was disheartened because I couldn't even put my puzzle pieces together. If I could, only then would every memory come back to me.

      "Hurry," KyungSoo tapped the top of his white Lexus LFA 2014 model, "We're going to be late!"

      ChanYeol shook his head, "They can wait!"

      "But the food won't," KyungSoo glared at his Hyung, "Hurry."

      Laughing, ChanYeol stuck his hand out in front of me and smiled with his eyes. Taking it happily, we ran to the KyungSoo who was impatiently waiting. I suddenly felt a rush of joy and I smiled from ear to ear, unable to stop. ChanYeol turned to face me as we ran and I could remember his expression as it it were yesterday: soft, dark eyes widened at the sight of my rare expression and he could no longer hide his own—He smiled far and wide, revealing the perfect and white teeth beneath his slightly full lips.

      "Ya!" As soon as we got to KyungSoo, he playfully punched ChanYeol's stomach, "Let go of her hand!"

      ChanYeol had become cute under KyungSoo's reaction to our hand holding session. He blew his younger friend some kisses but was rejected by the wafting of KyungSoo's hands. That was when I noticed, that even though ChanYeol was manly, he had a very cute side.


Author's Note;

Chapter Three is here! I wonder what will happen in the next chapter hehe! Some of your favorite EXO otps will be there.. or maybe all of them? Or none? I don't know! If you liked it, please subscirbe and comment down below! :D I love you all!