Chapter 5

Mélange

BUFgPSeCIAAgVS6.jpg:large

      "SeHun made a peace sign with his fingers and smiled, "Anything."      

 

Anything

      While the others walked to find their own things, BaekHyun stayed by my side and tried to help me pick out some clothes for my wardrobe. Though I may have seemed like a bum, I did have money, I just never thought to use it. When I chose some outfits, I came to see that BaekHyun had bad taste in fashion, for he would say everything looked good. Maybe he was just being nice or he really didn't have a sense for fashion, I didn't know.

      "We need their help," he pointed towards the ladies who were dressed fancily in black suits and high heels, "I'll be back."

      I watched them snicker as they looked at me from head to toe but when BaekHyun asked them to come help me, their faces brightened at his cute face. I could see that they thought I was his girlfriend and I could see that they envied me now. But, I wasn't his girlfriend, and they shouldn't have judged me that way. As they were drawing nearer, I stepped backwards but only to knock down one of the mannequins that happened to be placed directly behind me. BaekHyun's smiling face disappeared as the ladies started whining about how much time they put into the mannequin. I couldn't tell what he was thinking and I remember being so afraid that I ran out to find KyungSoo in this crowded area.

      BaekHyun's light and quick steps trailed behind me as I made my way into a crowd of people. There were too many of them. Too many eyes, and just too many whispers. I closed my eyes, covered my ears, and knelt down, drawing my knees towards my chest. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry. It was an accident. I won't do it again, so please. Please don't talk about me. Please don't look at me.

      "HaNeul,"

      I found myself staring back at the man I mistreated. I found myself feeling even worse than before. Instead of looking for him, I looked for KyungSoo who was out of reach.

      "Let's go," he put his coat over my head, "Like this, you won't be able to see their faces."

      BaekHyun was no KyungSoo but he did try his hardest. When I think about it now, I think that's why I looked for KyungSoo, he was always so kind and helpful towards me that I just leaned onto him. He was the first one I received help from and like they always say, "Help them one, they'll always come back," that's is exactly what I did. At that time, I thought I had feelings for him but they weren't anything like that. I just wanted someone who could protect me—And it happened to be KyungSoo. But after I saw how BaekHyun was trying his best with me, I knew it was time to reach out to other people. I was giving KyungSoo too much attention and I needed other people in my life.

      Once we reached a secluded area outside of the entrance of the mall, I took the coat he put over my head and wrapped it around his body. He seemed shocked at my sudden show of affection but that didn't phase me from saying what I wanted to say;

      "Usually it's KyungSoo who helps me," I started, "But this time it was you, BaekHyun."

      "I didn't-"

      "If you weren't there to bring me out, I'm sure I would have died of embarrassment." I bowed at a ninety-degree angle, "Thank you."

      "Y-Yah, no need for anything like that between us," he let his jacket fall to the cold concrete as he tried to bring me up to a standing posture, "We're friends, and that's what friends do, right? They help each other."

      I finally stood up and watched him pick up his jacket, "But... you looked at me without a smile when I knocked down those mannequins."

      "Oh, that?" he smiled brightly, "I wasn't angry at you. Just because you weren't anywhere around their standards, they tied to make you look like the bad person and make themselves look pitiful."

      "Did it work?"

      "No, I was angry. They shouldn't be hating people they don't know."

      After he explained the situation, I finally realized that I should try a little harder than just reading expressions. I told myself to step back and look at the situation before I ran away.

      "What will we do?"

      I looked at him with a confused expression, unable to understand the question.

      "We came here to buy you clothes but it seems like you don't want to go back in." he scanned me from head to toe, "Should I call KyungSoo?"

      "No, no, it's okay," I brought my hands up in protest, "W-we can go back in. I want to get some clothes that actually fit me."

      "You sure?" he showed his phone to tease me, "KyungSoo's on speed-dial."

      "No!" I hid my face and ran for the entrance, "L-let's go."

      Just before I could take another step, my hand-covered face bumped into the fuzzy jacket of someone else. When I looked through my parted fingers, I saw laughing heart-shaped lips.

      "What are you two doing out here?" SeHun asked from behind KyungSoo, "I thought we came to get HaNeul some clothing."

      BaekHyun's squeaky voice came up from behind me, "We were talking."

      I looked back at KyungSoo who kept his hands on my shoulders;

      "Sorry I bumped into you," he spoke softly for our faces were only inches away from one another.

      Backing away, I waved my hands in front of me, "I-It was my bad."

      I shot BaekHyun a few glances and mentally asked for his help but he giggled at me and walked over to SeHun. I watched as the two whispered secretly amongst themselves.

      "We're going to go," SeHun put his arm around BaekHyun's shorter shoulders and waved to the two of us, "You two are going to have to go by yourselves."

      "What are you doing?" I said to BaekHyun through my gritted teeth.

      He sent a wink my way, which confused the hell out of KyungSoo and walked away with SeHun. Sighing, I felt my insides turning from the sight of KyungSoo. I remember saying to myself that I had just made up my mind to spend time with someone other than KyungSoo but BaekHyun had to be so sneaky. But why was I so nervous? I had thought that there were no feelings towards him other than reliant ones.

      "You haven't chosen any clothes?"

      "No," I stuttered, "I-I guess B-BaekHyun and I w-were talking too long."

      "What were you talking about?"

      I could tell that he was curious but I didn't want to say anything. It was a conversation between BaekHyun and me, so I chose to keep it that way.

      "Nothing," I grabbed onto his hand, "Let's go."

      We walked hand in hand through the mall and tried to find some outfits that were fitting with my taste in style. Though there were people who looked at me funny because of what I had on, I no longer cared. I had KyungSoo with me and I even had his close on... and for some reason, I found that that was all I cared about.

      Once I finally found a store worthy of my taste, I grabbed a few skinny jeans and knitted sweaters to try on. It was quite embarrassing, for I had never tried on clothes for someone before but I had to get someone else's opinion besides my own.

      Stepping out of the dressing room, I saw KyungSoo's bright reaction to my choices. Though my style was casual and comfortable, he seemed to really like that and we bought a bunch of things. I had never spent so much money on myself before, so it was a new experience for me. But, once again, I was glad that it was spent with KyungSoo.

      "The most expensive thing I had was that snapback," I excitingly told KyungSoo while I looked through my bags of clothes, "I feel like a girl."

      He laughed at me and took the heavy items from my hands, "You are a girl."

      I felt my face burn as it turned a bright red color. I didn't know if he was joking with me or if he was just stating the obvious but it really hit me hard. As I looked around to find an escape, SeHun and ChanYeol were happily walking, arms around the shoulders and rapping their way down the hall.

      "Y-Yah!"

      I ran towards the two, leaving KyungSoo to follow behind me, and punched SeHun. I was sure he knew what it was for so I wasn't even apologetic towards him. SeHun, on the other hand, was over exaggerating his reaction to his Hyung who bent down to the floor. He could barely control himself from laughing.

      "Where's BaekHyun?" KyungSoo had finally came to my side, "Didn't you two leave together?"

      SeHun struggled to his feet and held his stomach to overpower the pain, "He went with Chen to find some cologne and then I found SeHun wandering by himself."

      "Man," I sighed, "It must be hard to look after ten other people."

      "Try twelve-" SeHun covered his mouth as soon as the words came out, "Sorry."

      The three had become so silent that I didn't know what to do. During that moment, I didn't think that what SeHun said was bad at all. Trying to break the silence, I distributed my bags to SeHun and ChanYeol;

      "You two, come with us," I started to walk away, "We're going home first."

      "Shouldn't we get the others?" SeHun called after me.

      "No, I think it's going to take them a while to shop."

      Knowing that I was right, the three of them followed closely behind me. They finally had their spirits high and I was glad that I helped in some sort of way. It was a small amount to pay them back for all they did to try and help me but it was more than nothing at all.

      After setting the last bag into the trunk of the Lexus, SeHun wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me away from KyungSoo;

      "You two can go home first," he smiled at me, "I want to hang out with her for a while."

      "Why-?"

      SeHun interrupted KyungSoo's disapproval, "Hyung, make sure to get home safely!"

      "Yah!"

      I turned my head to see that KyungSoo became bitter at SeHun's decision but I didn't know what to do. Heck, I didn't even know what he wanted me for yet.

      We walked silently through the rowdy area of Hongdae. It was just how I remembered it to be, bright lights, and couples who laughed together. I didn't dare break the silence though, for SeHun looked as if he were in deep thought. It was only when he turned into a quiet bookstore cafe that he said something to me;

      "Be honest with me," we sat down in a secluded area and spoke quietly, "Do you like KyungSoo?"

      To be honest, my heart fluttered back then when he asked me such a serious question. I wasn't able to put my emotions back together and answer him properly.

      "Do you?"

      "I.. I wouldn't say so.." I massaged my temples, "Why are you asking me this? It's too early.."

      "That's true," he finally relaxed into the back of his cushioned seat, "But, if you do, just let me know. I'll help you in any way possible."

      "You brought me all the way here just to say that?"

      "Yeah," he gave me his widest elf smile, "KyungSoo and I have been together for a long time.. so, if there is anything you wish to know, all you have to do is ask me."

      I pondered on his words and bit my bottom lip, "A-Anything..?"

      SeHun made a peace sign with his fingers and smiled, "Anything."


Author's Note;

*sigh* I rewrote this chapter twice so I hope you all like it! The first time, I felt as though I had left everything out too fast, so I rewrote it but I didn't like it the second time.. so, here is the final. Once that I am actually proud of! Hehe, thank you! ♥