Chapter 8

Mélange

 

      "Right when I felt like dying; he came and saved me."      

 

Reasons

      Because I had felt so immersed in this new family, my wounds became forgotten about but the pain lingered into the frost-bitten night. It had awoken me from my unusually warm slumber and taken me to the bathroom. As I folded back my dark long, sleeved shirt, the blood had glued itself to the sleeve and that made it hard for me to reveal the wound. Through much struggle and pain, the huge gash was revealed and gushed into the sink beneath my forearm. I had let the wound heal and then reopen itself many times on purpose and many times on accident. I stood there, unable to think for I began to lose more and more blood. It was as if my cells weren't working the way they were supposed to.

      Before I fell onto my knees, I banged onto the wall that was connected to KyungSoo's own. He was the closest person I could reach, and I needed help now more than ever. With my body that turned cold, I dragged myself to the tub and there, I tried to position myself up as I waited for someone to come. My breath became short and I could barely focus on my own thoughts.

      "HaNeul? Did you call-" I could see that KyungSoo's eyes opened widely due to the shocking scene he had discovered and I felt so ashamed. But what could I do? I needed help.

      "HaNeul-ah..."

      KyungSoo picked up my body in one swift movement, carried my bridal style and ran out of the house. But he was sure to wake up everyone on his way out with his screams for help and his call to wake up SuHo from his bed. As he set me into his car, ChanYeol and SeHun ran out and joined us in the car.

      "The rest of you gather some clothes or.. no, I don't know—Something!"

      With KyungSoo's frantic voice, their faces became frozen as they had just woken up and were unable to grasp the situation. It was only when SuHo ran out with his doctor's cloak that everyone noticed what was happening.

      // Flashback

      I'm looking at him from across the classroom. I didn't know that I could have feelings like this.. at least for someone so popular. I had always been the outcast and I had always been picked on by even the most popular people.. but he was so nice. All. The. Dang. Time. His big eyes crinkled towards his nose as he smiled and made jokes with his friends who where around him. With each passing day, I find myself wanting to be apart of the "In-Crowd" but I know I don't match with those people. All they do is act like their all that and push the losers—Like me.

      "What are you staring at?"

      This girl is always so obsessive over her top-notch spot in high school that she finds it funny to step all over me. There are other girls who are just as loser-like but they up to her so they won't be bullied. But I'm not like that. I'd rather have no friends than fake ones.

      "You don't deserve someone so God-like," her arrogant tone seeped its way into the corners of my mind and stapled itself there, "Don't even think about it."

      I just let her trash talk to me because it's been going on for a full four years now, it was time I was used to it. It did bother me, but I didn't like crying and giving up to her because it would make her feel superior. But I guess not backing myself up was worse than anything. She spit her vicious words out of her red colored lips and raised her tone because I was ignoring her. The whole class became silent and their eyes were glued to me, making me uncomfortable. None of them even tried to help me.. Not even him and that's what makes me feel even more pathetic.

      "Hey," a low toned voice came from outside the class, "She's ignoring you for a reason so, just shut up."

      "O-Oppa!" the girl became all defensive, "S-she started it!"

      "I've been watching." His brows furrowed and he shot his glare into her eyes, "She was just sitting quietly to herself."

      "But-"

      "And all of you," he pointed to them, "You don't even care to stand up to her, just because this lady here is 'Miss Popular.'" I was watching the whole time and their heads bowed down to meet their shoes in disgrace.

      "Come on HaNeul," he grabbed my hand, "Let's go."

      "KyungSoo," the man with the big eyes came our way and held onto KyungSoo's shoulder, "Don't be like that..."

      "Hyung," KyungSoo was glaring up at him, "You should be ashamed of yourself. I can't believe you still call yourself her friend."

      While KyungSoo dragged me behind him, I was too busy looking back at the big eyed man. He had a rotten expression and when he hung his head in regret, I suddenly felt pain. I pulled KyungSoo with me and we made our way back to the lone man;

      "ChanYeol-ah," I began linking his hand with my free one, "Let's go together—The three of us."

      My eyes shot open as a needle was plunged into my arm. It didn't hurt but it did surprise me. The much, much familiar scent of the hospital lingered in my nostrils as pipes were being taken out of my mouth and arm. I looked out the corner of my eye to the window but saw that it was still dark out. Had I only been asleep?

      KyungSoo placed a soft hand on my cheek and I could see that he had tear-filled eyes. Immediately, I felt so much pain surging through my chest and I let my stored tears run down my temples. He wiped them away with his thumbs but I could see that even his unchanging eyes were shut tight, as if to prevent himself from crying as well.

      "KyungSoo..." I let a small voice escape from my dry parted lips, "I remember you clearly.."

      He began to shake as he tried to hide his face by turning to to one side. I brought my weak arm to meet his face and gently returned the affection he showed me;

      "You're always that one person," I smiled softly into his blurry vision, "Though I never saw you, you were always looking out for me. You stood up for me. You helped me leave an uncomfortable situation... You did everything for me. For everything, I'm happy and grateful but I'm full of regret at the moment. I wish that I had noticed you back then."

      Unable to contain himself, KyungSoo let the stream of tears fall out and hit the bed sheet, "I was so scared... I thought I'd lose you again."

      I shook my head, "I may be mentally weak.. but my body takes a whole lot of ."

      He let out a little laugh and collected himself, "I'll go let the guys know that you're fine."

      "Thank you," I repeated as he left, "I really mean it."

      Just a few minutes after he left, I was greeted by the tall man in my memories and I smiled at him. He, too, had eyes that were red from crying profusely and I felt so happy to know that there were people who were so worried about me. As he came to my side, I looked into his big eyes and saw that there was still laughter in him, I just needed to bring it out;

      "Yah, why are you so ugly?"

      With that, he let his lips form a long, thin smile, "It's only when I cry."

      Letting out a sigh of laughter, I put my and on top of his larger one, "You want to know something?"

      He nodded and wiped away at his teary eyes.

      "Back in high school, I really like you," I crinkled my nose at him, "Did you know?"

      "I didn't," he raised his brows in shock, "Did you really?"

      I lifted my head up and down slowly, "It's true.. but you were that popular guy that everyone liked.. so, of course I couldn't say it to you-"

      "What about now?" he placed a hand on top of mine, "Do you still feel the same?"

      At first, I hesitated but I needed to say it, otherwise, he would be lead on, "It's been three years-"

      "But I've liked you ever since," he cautiously removed his hands from my own, "It's been three years for you... but during those three years, you were always on my mind. Whether you were okay or if you were fine on your own feet, I wanted to know."

      "ChanYeol-"

      "KyungSoo is the one you like right?" I tore my eyes from his and nodded, afraid that I would hurt him.

      A moment of silence crashed over us and all I could hear were the sounds of our breaths.

      "Can I know why?"

      I tried to get up to a sitting position and once I was there, I turned to face him once again, "Before all of this, I was shut in my apartment. I had lived a life-less life, and I was scared of everyone, even my landlord. But one day, when I dragged myself outside, KyungSoo approached me."

      "That's why..?"

      "There's more, geez," I tapped him playfully on the shoulder, "When I wanted to run away and disappear from the world, he was there. And right when I felt like dying; he came and saved me."

      ChanYeol listened intently to every word I said about why I had feelings for KyungSoo. He nodded carefully and then rested his arms in a tight twist against his knitted sweater;

      "I finally get it, I mean, why you're always around him." he winked at me, "Just meet me at the mall tomorrow night. You and I are going to go out and I'm going to set you up with something good."

      I became curious, "Something good?"

      He squinted his eyes and stood up, "You'll just have to wait and see."

      A knock came at the door and the other eight members stood behind SuHo as he made his way in with the clipboard. Every time I saw him in his long white cloak, I became uncomfortable but it was better than the first time. He checked my pulse and injuries and wrote down his speculations on the clipboard with swift of a black pen. I watched as his cloak folded while he sat down on a rolling-chair he had brought in;

      "You're going to be okay," his small mouth formed one big smile, "But I want you to promise us that something like this won't happen again."

      I nodded, sure of what I was promising and even swore, "I'll never do it again."

      "Good," he turned to the rest of them, "Now... we're all friends but I can't let all of you stay here. Only two people can stay, so, let's see-"

      "SeHun and ChanYeol!" SeHun even spoke his own name as he raised his hand up in the sky, "Please?"

      ChanYeol shook his head, "I can't, I got something to do."

      "Like what?" SeHun asked in a childish manner, "Go drinking?"

      "No, I have a promise to keep with HaNeul," ChanYeol winked at me, "So, I'll be leaving first."

      As he left, their eyes were rotating back and forth from ChanYeol to to me. The curiosity was rising and I could see that they couldn't take it but like ChanYeol said, it was a secret between the two of us.

      "Okay, so, who's the last person?" SuHo pointed his clipboard at the rest of the guys and chose his pick, "How about you, Tao?"

      Tao lifted his head, "M-Me?"

      The ones who weren't picked were showing bitter faces but left happily after saying their good byes. Among the many other guys that lived in the same house, I never conversed with Tao and that was our moment to finally gain some trust in our new friendship. KyungSoo stayed a little while before leaving because he unpacked some food for me to eat. It was kind of him to bring the food but he even set it on the table that was built into the hospital bed.

      "You two can eat, too," he hit threatened them with his fist, "But you better not eat it all."

      Nodding, the two youngsters gulped in fear as KyungSoo kept his glare on them, "We understand."

      "I'll be back tomorrow!"

      With just the three of us in the room, SeHun slowly brought up the topic that I liked KyungSoo. This caused to be spit out water and I almost ran off my bed to attack him but I was still feeling a little weak.

      "You little ," I sighed, "Whatever.. the whole world probably knows."

      "Actually, everyone but KyungSoo himself knows," he snickered, "It's quite obvious, right Tao-Hyung?"

      "Hyung?" I gawked at the two, "You guys aren't the same age?"

      "No, I'm a year older," Tao's baggy eyes squinted as he smiled next to SeHun.

      "Unbelievable.." I turned back to my food, "Tao, if you were a little lighter, you'd look exactly like SeHun."

      Tao choked on the chicken that he was eating and I laughed out loud. This was the type of atmosphere I had wished for, so I made such a joke and it worked. I handed in a cup of water and went back to eating;

      "So, how long have we been together?" I asked them, "I was told that I knew you guys ever since high school days."

      SeHun shook his head, "I wasn't that meaningful to you back then."

      "Yeah," Tao nodded, "He seemed to only be a baby to you."

      "I would always follow you around, calling you Noona but you'd ignore and shoo me away." SeHun's face became mature like as his tone softened, "I hated you at first.. and then one day, I realized that you were just looking out for me. If someone saw a little first year chasing after a second year, I'd get trampled on. The amount of times that you got bullied, we hated it but we couldn't do anything at that time."

      "Sorry that we couldn't do anything help you," Tao bowed his head, "But we're stronger now, so we-"

      I had successfully gotten out of the bed and wrapped my weak limbs around the taller two who had their faces glued to the ground. From there, I brought them back to their normal posture and looked at them dead in the eye;

      "We're all stronger, we can go through anything now."

      "HaNeul Noona," the two said simultaneously.

      "Do you know the reason why?" I put my hands on top of theirs, "Because we're together."


Author's Note;

The crying feels :"< and the happy feels :3 !! There is just too much emotion for me right now, haha. But I thought a whole lot about this update, and I wanted to do it right. If you haven't noticed just yet, I haven't been using some EXO members.. and that's because I wanted to keep it that way. I wanted them to only be supporting characters but it's nice to have the mains and the supporting people together once in a while. That's why I didn't have KyungSoo or ChanYeol stay! I hope you don't mind! Hehe, ♥