Chapter 11

Mélange

photo321039.jpg

      "We're always going to be here."      

 

Together Again

      It was about two weeks before I ever heard of LuHan and Kris again but all that waiting did well. I remember waking up to the smell of KyungSoo's delicious breakfast and thousands of balloons that seemed to be everywhere. I didn't understand what was going on but I knew something must have came up. I dress into my jeans and ran out of my room, only to meat ChanYeol who was rubbing his eyes from exhaustion. I pulled him a little and we both made our way into the living room. There, confetti and cheers called to us. I was even more confused.

      "What's going on?" I asked KyungSoo as I tried to peel off the small strips of confetti, "Is it someone's birthday?"

      "ChanYeol's," BaekHyun smiled as he gave the taller man a hug.

      "And yours," SeHun finished by wiping a bit of frosting onto my face, "Happy Birthday!"

      "My birthday?"

      "You and ChanYeol share the same birthday, November 27th. It's just he's a year older." Kai said as he checked the table, "KyungSoo, did you cook the chicken?"

      "I did, it's on the left," KyungSoo shook his head and then returned his attention to ChanYeol and me, "Happy Birthday!"

      While we ate, it didn't feel like a birthday for me. I didn't even know when my birthday was. I thought: It's crazy enough to forget my own name.. but my birthday? At that time I felt stupid and slow. I really didn't know or remember anything special like this.

      A knock came at the door and I ran for it, I wanted to get away for a little bit and think about whatever else I could have forgotten. When I finally opened the door, LuHan and Kris stood in front of me with flowers in hand and a teddy bear. Their attire hadn't changed at all, still the satin suits and sleek dress shoes, but their smiles were bigger and more real than the last time we had met. I bowed and thanked them for the presents.

      "Will you come in?"

      They looked as if they hesitated but after seeing how insistent I was, they came in and switched their shoes into slippers. As we walked into the living room where everyone was eating like wild animals, LuHan and Kris stood awkwardly behind me. The others stopped and looked at the two men who "didn't belong there," and wiped their frosting-covered faces. I tried to clear up the atmosphere by showing everyone what they had brought me but I got no reaction. Sighing, I placed the flowers on the kitchen table and forced the two to stand with the guys.

      "I want you all to talk this out. I'm tired of you guys acting like kids."

      I waited for someone to talk but I saw that they were all biting their lips, hesitating on what to say. Unable to bear it any longer, I prepared myself to speak up but I was cut off by KyungSoo who wrapped his arms around the waists of the LuHan and Kris. From his striking eyes, came tears that fell and ran off into their satin suits. Following, ChanYeol put out his fist towards his hyungs and SeHun tugged at LuHan's neck with one hand, bringing him closer so that he could whisper in his ear;

      "Yah, what took you so long?"

      Smiling, I stood quietly as they spoke about what they had done in their two years apart. I heard heart wrenching stories of LuHan and Kris failing at society. They tried their hardest at the bottom but was given an opportunity together. Without hesitating at a better life, they took it so that one day they could come back and tell them they made it.

      "Will you be staying?" Kai asked.

      LuHan shook his had sadly, "We've got company to run."

      "We can't but I promise that we'll keep in touch!" Kris put up his peace signs, "You know what I'm saying? Man?"

      With laughter in the air, I suddenly felt alone. They had so much to talk about and I had nothing to say. They had jokes of their own and stories of their own that I had no idea about. I just felt like I was intruding.


Author's Note;

I want to apologize for the shortness of this chapter! But, I just wanted one chapter with them in it :3 one by themselves! And there HaNeul goes again.. :/ when will she ever get better?!

WE ARE ONE.