Chapter 12

Mélange
Bang MinAh

      The night after successfully getting them to reunite, I lied awake in my own thoughts. I was trying to put my puzzle pieces back together but it seemed like they needed theirs fixed more than I did. But who was I to make that choice when I didn't even know what fixing was? They've been so revolved around my life that they forgot how to live their own lives and I couldn't stand it. They were lovely people.. and much too kind. What crime did they commit in their past lives that they ended up with me?

      I remembered what kind of emotion rushed into my body: it was like walking on the sharpest knives and breathing fire. As I got up from my bed, I rushed into the bathroom and gagged until only bile was left. It tasted like rotten milk and I had tears falling from my squinted eyes. I don't know what it was but I felt so disgusted with myself. I flushed the toilet and dragged myself up to meet my reflection while I brushed and washed my mouth of the filth.

      Two eyes looked back at me and were filled with pain and sorrow. Though I should have been healing emotionally, my heart and soul was moving into a different direction, one that could possibly lead to my own death. After rinsing, I lightly massaged my scars that were still noticeably red and sighed. I reached into the top of the white, wooded drawers and brought out a razor. It was a continuous fight with myself, one that I seemed to lose at every battle. This time was no different.

      "Just once more.."

      Cutting had become such a lifestyle for me that I couldn't think of anything else that could take the pain and suffering away. This was the fastest and most efficient way for me... efficient enough to die. Was that what I wanted all along? To die?

      "HaNeul!"

      In a flash, the razor I had were in the hands of the man who risked his all to save me. It was my bad that I hadn't closed the bathroom door behind me.. but was it a sign from the man above trying to pull me away from doing this again? KyungSoo took my hand and sat me down on my bed. He wiped away the stream of tears from my dull eyes and made me look into his wonderful, glowing ones. That made me feel even worse.

      "Why are you doing this again?"

      I didn't want to answer him.

      After giving up on a reply, KyungSoo hugged me and then brought my scarred arms to his lips. As he pressed them against my cold skin, my eyes opened to their widest and my mouth dropped. I couldn't understand why someone so god-worthy could ever kiss the scars of a ruined human-being like myself. I looked away and let tears fall once more. No one in this house deserved to have someone like me in their lives... I would ruin it.

      "HaNeul," his monotone voice came closer to my sensitive ears, "Look this way."

      I kept my gaze on the grey tones of the moonlight, too embarrassed and shamed to look at him.

      "Please."

      Reluctantly, and slowly, I prepared myself to face him. As soon as I let my eyes meet his, KyungSoo rushed in and took my small lips into his full ones. He gently placed a hand on my face and the other on my back, closing the space between us. I left my eyes open wide due to shock for about two seconds before giving into his touch. I let our heads turn from side to side and our lips brushed against one another, creating an electrifying sensation through my spine. For support, I placed a hand on his chest and pushed him gently. But "gently" is what I thought. The next second I knew, KyungSoo was beneath me and my legs were at either side of him. His hands were wrapped around my waist and our lips parted for a breather;

      "HaNeul-"

      Not wanting to hear anything but our heartbeats, I locked our mouths together once more and this time, KyungSoo invited his own tongue into my mouth. While they rubbed against one another and steam seemed to be exerting from our breaths, I instinctively tried to pull off my own shirt. Upon seeing the situation, KyungSoo brought a hand to my shirt and pulled it back down slowly while he his lips.

      "HaNeul," he shook his head, "This is enough."

      A huge amount of disappointment found its way to my shoulders and I let out a small sigh.

      "For now," he kissed me sweetly one last time.

      I feel my own chest beat as if it were trying to escape its cage. Pulling away once more, KyungSoo looked deep into my eyes;

      "I've always liked you. I didn't care that you killed two people to save your life, it was defense anyway. I didn't care what you looked like and I still don't. And I admit that I wanted you to fall for ChanYeol at one point, hence the day you two went out to eat alone, but that was because he liked you for so long. I wanted to help him somehow.. but.. but I can't shake my feelings. I love you just the way you are."

      "KyungSoo-"

      He brought his hand up to stop me from speaking, "I want you to know that I invited you into this house for a reason. I wanted to make memories with you and I want you to make memories with everyone who lives here and who will step foot in the house. Whether they are good or bad. Before you came, we were still recovering from our own pasts but when you arrived, you gave us time to experience our differences and what makes us tick."

      "Really?"

      "Yes! So, please don't think that your not worthy of our presence."

      It was as if he knew exactly how I felt and what to say. With that little explanation, I understood what I was brought here to do and that was to fix their lives just like they were slowly fixing my own. I wrapped my arms around KyungSoo's neck and buried my face into his hair.

      "What are you two doing?"

      I looked up to see that ChanYeol had opened the door, "Ch-ChanYeol!"

      "It's not-"

      Shaking his head, ChanYeol turned and shut the door behind him, "I'm leaving."

      KyungSoo and I exchanged alarmed glances and ran after him. Before he could even reach the stairs, I wrapped my arms around his waist and KyungSoo pulled his arms back.

      "Why?" I asked, "Don't go! Please!"

      "Hyung, there is no reason for you to leave-"

      "Yah!" he broke free of our chains and slicked his messy hair back, "I meant that I was leaving for a nightly walk."

      "Oh," I winked at KyungSoo, "Can I join you?"

      "Do whatever you want."

      KyungSoo gave me a thumbs up and I followed closely behind after receiving a jacket from my room. I didn't know what I was actually going to say to him but I needed to fix our relationship, asap. I didn't want KyungSoo and ChanYeol's friendship to fall over just because of me.

      I could see him glancing at me from the corner of his eyes. ChanYeol was about five feet ahead of me and I could tell that he didn't want to hear anything that I had to say, even the frost of the winter agreed. I inched towards him every second and after we were about two blocks away from the house, I grabbed his hand into my own and pleaded him to stop.

      "Just listen-"

      "HaNeul, save it-"

      "No! I have to say this," I positioned myself in front of him, forcing him to look at me, "I love KyungSoo."

      "Woohoo, everyone knows that-"

      "Shuttup and listen," I put my hands on his shoulders, "I forgive you for what you did the other day and I don't want this awkward atmosphere hanging around anymore."

      "Well, it's going to stay for a while."

      "Why? What is it that you want me to do?"

      I could tell that he thought about it but ChanYeol adverted his attention to the concrete beneath our feet and sighed, "I get it."

      "Do you really?"

      "Yeah," he brought a hand onto the top of my head, "I probably moved on a long time ago.. but when I saw you at the hospital, all those past feelings came back."

      "ChanYeol, I-"

      "It's okay, that's love." he gave me the biggest, teeth-rich smile he had and messed up my hair, "Let's head back before we both get sick."

      Just like that, ChanYeol turned back to his normal self and that was all that mattered. I hated seeing him down and frustrated. Smiling ChanYeol was the best thing any human could ask for. We told jokes to each other on the way home and even pretended to be judo masters in the street. I no longer cared that people were staring, and that was the biggest accomplishment I have ever made. But it was only possible with the help of these men.

      "Should we ask KyungSoo if he wants to go eat?" ChanYeol rubbed his stomach, "I'm hungry."

      "Why not-?"

      "Kang HaNeul?"

      ChanYeol and I both turned around to see a tall girl with straight bangs and long hair. Even at a late hour like this, she had make up on and heels. Her face wasn't familiar at all but her voice sent a ring through my ears. Smiling, she walked up to us and grabbed my hands with her fur mittens;

      "It's been so long!" she exclaimed, "How are you?"

      "I-"

      Before I could answer, she had already turned her attention to ChanYeol, "Oppa, remember me?"

      "Who are you?" he asked as he tried to push her away from his personal bubble space.

      "MinAh," she said slowly, "Bang MinAh."

      My heart that was fluttering seemed to have sank into the bottom of the ocean and I backed away slowly. It was Bang MinAh from my memories, the one who sent those three men after me.. the one who threatened me all throughout high school and even a few months after that. My breath was caught in my throat and I was terrified by her voice alone.

      "Ch-ChanYeol.. please, go first."

      "But,"

      "Just go!"

      After I saw that ChanYeol had gotten into the house, I returned my attention to the evil villain in front of me. So many years passed and she only popped up now, why was life so bitter to me?

      "So you do remember," she smirked as her cute act turned arrogant, "How are your parents?"

      "My parents-?"

      "Oh right," she chuckled as she put on red lipstick, "They're dead."

      "Dead?"

      "After you killed two of my henchmen and went to see the judge, the law let you go, saying it was for defense." she pursed her overly coated lips, "But it only seemed fair that I killed something of yours."

      "It had to be my parents?"

      "You don't even remember their death?" she pushed me to the ground and grabbed my hair, "Shall I remind you?"

      "Mi-MinAh!"

      "Don't speak," She slapped me, sending my face down to scratch the concrete, "I sent my henchmen to your house the day after graduation, cause you showed up. They hid quietly until both of your parents came home. Their limbs were cut, one by one, slowly. When you finally arrived at the scene, your parents had been bagged and thrown into your bed."

      "You should have seen the look on your face," she laughed while smoking, "After that, I guess you went crazy-"

      By the time her story ended, I had gotten to my own two feet and punched her with all my might, "You're the one who ruined my life."

      MinAh reached into her purse and right before my eyes, was a black handgun and her hand on the trigger, "Don't you dare touch-"

      From all around, as if a miracle happened, sirens wailed and a few cops jumped onto her. When they did, she fired. I can still remember it like it was yesterday: the silver bullet pounced into my side and its force pushed me until I was on my back. Shocked, I had my eyes wide open and watched as MinAh had been carried away into a cop car. One man ran to me and though asked me questions, my ears were filled with ringing due to being too close to the shot. I had my hand on the wound and when I brought it up to my face, I finally realized that I had been shot. I looked at the man and the men who became my family as they ran my way but within seconds, everything became blurry.

      "You did well, HaNeul," a warm hand rested itself on my head, "You're okay."


Author's Note;

This was a much longer update! I hope you guys are happier with me T,,T.