2nd

One More (Probably the Last) Shot

A/N: just a short introduction about Hyukkie.. thankyu to those who subbed, commented, and even upvoted :3

 

 

 

 

 

HYUKJAE’S POV

 

Oh my God oh my God Oh my God!

 

Never in my whole life did it hit my mind that I’ll be meeting Lee Donghae here!

 

I glanced at our intertwined hands as I felt the heat on my face emitting so much I’m sure I’m blushing furiously.

 

Okay let me explain first before anything else.

 

He was a classmate of mine way back in college and he’s like the epitome of perfection, well, according to other students that is. I won’t wonder why though. He’s handsome, rich, intelligent, well-mannered, speaks himself well, and yeah, that’s pretty much there is.

 

It’s not like I’m not attracted to him. Your heart is made of stone if he won’t at least have an effect on you but, I’m not those people who practically threw themselves on his feet. I have a crush on him, infatuation, or whatever you wanna call it, but that’s it.

 

I will be honest to all of you, if I just let myself fall for him then I probably did. I just chose not to. It was complicated after all. He was a popular guy. Everybody knows who he was. While I’m just a nobody. Heck he won’t even know my name if not because we’re taking up the same course and were classmates.

 

Next is he had a girlfriend. A self-proclaimed queenbee. Okay so she’s pretty popular because she’s beautiful (according to them), talented (she’s a freaking ballerina), and a member of the university’s student council. She’s a complete package as other people say. But when I say complete package, she even has an extra baggage with her.

 

She’s a complete bish.

 

And no I’m not the type who badmouth people- okay well a little bit but it’s true! Donghae’s close friends were the living proofs okay?!

 

I may not know anything about the gossips but I have my best friend Sungmin hyung to fill me in. Donghae’s friends which were our classmates (yeah I’m not close to them got a problem with that?) often complained on how he should just dump her. They don’t like her at all but don’t worry they knew the feeling was mutual.

 

Donghae and that girl started dating during high school, more like childhood friends turned lovers. Many said they’re the ideal couple but only those who know who the real them are know the truth. They were far from being ideal. The girl is a flirt, very demanding and what’s worse is she never respected Donghae’s parents. It was actually relieving when we all found out that they broke up and Donghae started dating a Korean girl from overseas during our third year in college.

 

Oookay!

 

So knowing I won’t stand a chance against these girls, burying my fascination for him in the depths of my heart was the wisest thing to do. I tried my best to avoid him even to the point of acting like he doesn’t exist at all. But when we talk to each other, all we threw were insults in each other’s face. I might look a little pissed but he doesn’t know how my heart fluttered during our small ‘conversations’.

 

I never expressed any fondness towards him and I guess he got used to it. He must accept that not everybody will be battling their eyelashes on him just for a little bit of his attention.

 

I tried to distract myself from him. I immersed myself in books, listen to a whole lot of boy bands and fanboy over them (together with Sungmin hyung), and anything fruitful to the point that I started writing fairy tales. Childish I know but it perfectly worked for me. It’s been two years already that I’m over him then in a flash I’ll see him out of nowhere and will practically spend the whole day with him.

 

It’s okay since I can just look into this as a simple hanging out activity with an acquaintance slash colleague but with all these angelic smiles and gestures like holding hands made my heart start beating faster I’m afraid I might have a cardiac arrest.

 

“Hey are you okay? Why is your face so red?” He asked curiously as he leaned his face closer to mine. I slowly backed away, afraid that he might feel the heat coming out of my face from the close proximity.

 

“I-It’s nothing. L-Let’s just walk.” I stuttered and he finally backed away with me letting out the breath I didn’t know I was holding.

 

“I would like to keep walking but I don’t know where to go. I thought you will buy something?” He continued and my face immediately lit up with his words.

 

“Yeah! Let’s go one floor down. It’s there.” I instructed him and started heading towards the escalators, his hand never letting go of mine. People kept on staring at us but I was too busy blushing to even care about them.

 

I immediately pulled him like an excited kid towards a book store and went to the New Arrival Section, letting go of his hand while he calmly went his way to the General Information Section. I greeted the staff there who became my friend since I always buy my books there.

 

“Oh Hyukjae! Long time no see!” She greeted me and I smiled back at her.

 

“Hi noona. I’m here to buy the latest volume.”

 

“I was actually wondering when you’ll drop by since it was already released last month.” She commented as she took a new stock hidden somewhere (she always save a copy for me beforehand) and together, we proceeded to the cashier.

 

While everything’s being settled, she eyed Donghae who was busy looking through the opposite isle. He had that serious expression on his face making him even more handsome and appealing than before. I looked around and saw the other customers looking at him with pure admiration. I shifted my gaze towards Noona who stared at me with a cheeky grin. I raised my brows at her.

 

“What?”

 

“This is the first time you brought your boyfriend here.”

 

“He’s not my boyfriend! He’s just a friend and we’re not even that close I don’t think the word ‘friend’ is even appropriate.” I hissed at her in a hushed tone and instead of nodding, she just giggled! Aish this woman!

 

I was about to continue my rant when I suddenly felt heat behind me and a muscular arm making its way to my waist. I froze when I felt Donghae breathing against my nape.

 

“Honey what’s taking you so long? We still have a lot of things to do for our date.” He said loud enough for others to hear and I swear I felt the hair on my nape stood up as shivers went down my spine. I heard giggles and of course, it’s no other than this nosy Noona here. I puffed my cheeks and slowly peeled his arm away from my waist. I cleared my throat and glared at him.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked him in a low voice and instead of answering me, he just stretched his arm across me and got my book. His free hand held mine then he bowed to the staffs and dragged me out of the store. I wasn’t able to do anything so I just waved goodbye to Noona who waved back at me and mouthed ‘enjoy your date!’.