8th

One More (Probably the Last) Shot

A/N: this is a double update! go read the previous chap first! :D

 

DONGHAE’S POV

 

It’s been an hour since I sent the last text message to Hyukkie yet there was no response. Frowning, I once again took a look on my phone but still nothing.

“Your boyfriend didn’t reply?” I looked up and saw my co-flight attendant giving me a small smile.

I shook my head as I put my phone back to my pocket then started dragging my luggage with me, my co-worker on tow.

“Just drop by his house. He must have fallen asleep.” He advised and I thought for a while then shook my head. “I better not disturb him then plus, there are some things I need to do.” I replied and once again became silent. Noticing how I distanced myself, he didn’t say anything further and I was thankful for that.

Sending one last message to Hyukkie, I hailed a cab and went straight to Yesung hyung’s place.

 

 

“Is this very urgent that you didn’t even manage to go home first?” Yesung hyung turned his eyes from me to my luggage with raised brows. I just nodded and invited myself inside his house. Settling my things by the door, I went straight to his kitchen. Being friends with him for a long time made me memorize his place like the back of my hand. After getting comfortable on his couch at the living room, I took a deep sigh.

“I take it that you’re worried about your little relationship.”

Staring at him, all I could do was nod. It’s not that he needed my words anyway.

Sipping his own drink, he stared intently at me that I unconsciously moved a little bit closer to my seat. His judging eyes seemed to reach me deep down my soul and despite the years of being friends with him, I still couldn’t help but feel crept out.

“..So..”

 I looked at him.

“What’s your plan now?”

I sighed. “I want to make things right..”

“But you don’t know how.” He completed my sentence when he noticed how confused I am at the moment.

“I’m scared hyung. Yes, Sungmin hyung knows everything but what I’m really scared of are his parents. I don’t think I could take it if they will be angry at me.”

Yesung hyung smiled. “Why don’t you do things step by step?” He asked me and I signaled him to speak further.

“Come clean to his mom.”

I knew I visibly paled with his words.

When I first met his mother, all I could say was she can be the loveliest mother when she likes you but she will be the deadliest one if you will do her or her baby wrong.

“Face it man, based on your stories, she’s very important to Hyukjae and you will definitely need her help if something goes wrong when it comes to making everything right.”

I sighed as I buried my face on my hands. As much as I wanted to disagree, I know he’s right. My phone buzzed interrupting my thoughts. I took a look at it and felt a smile blooming on my face. I heard my friend snort but I paid no attention to him.

I’m sorry I fell asleep. Are you home already? Take a rest okay?

I started typing on my phone, not wanting to make him wait for my reply.

I’m currently here at Yesung hyung’s. Don’t worry I’ll go home as soon as I can.:)

Hyukkie’s affections for me always leave me a mess of emotions. He’s always been like this even though this relationship is merely a pretend. I wonder how sweet he could really get once everything will be real. I know I’m risking everything but I’d rather tell him all of my feelings than to live with millions of what if’s for the rest of my life.

With that thought, I finally made up my mind.

 

 

 

I nervously glanced at the restaurant’s entrance feeling a mix of anticipation and nervousness. I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants and saw the time; 09:15 am. She agreed to meet me around 10am and I purposely came earlier as to calm my nerves first before speaking to her but, the wait is just making me more nervous I won’t be surprised if I’ll soon pee on my pants.

I was so into my own world that I didn’t notice someone was already standing in front of me until that certain someone cleared . I automatically looked up.

“Umma…”

Umma flashed me her smile, the smile my Hyukkie inherited as I immediately stood up and hugged her. Being the gentleman that I am, I pulled her chair a little away and let her sit on it, calling the waiter for the menu as I did so.

After we ordered our food, I stayed silent and looked down but I definitely could feel her gaze on me.

“Lovely day isn’t it?” She started. I slowly looked up to her and nodded dumbly, not being able to find my voice at the moment.

She giggled and grabbed my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “Don’t be too nervous hmm? Whatever it is that you wanted to say, I promise I will be rational and listen to your explanation first.”

 

The food soon came and she kept on praising my taste for choosing the place. As we were getting busy with dessert, she paused and intently looked at the strawberry cheesecake in front of me.

“That’s Hyukkie’s favorite.” She pointed out and I smiled gently remembering my love.

I turned to her, my smile getting wider. “It’s also my favorite.” I beamed.

She took a sip on her water and smiled at me.

“I heard from an angel that you had a reason why you invited me today.”

I almost took my sweet time consuming the food in front of me if not for that little shame left inside me for Umma. I sighed and nodded in defeat.

“I want to talk about Hyukkie.”

She leaned on her seat as she crossed her arms on her chest.

“Spill.”

I took a deep breath and sighed. Well… here goes nothing.