6th

One More (Probably the Last) Shot

 

HYUKJAE’S POV

 

My palms started to sweat crazily despite the strong aircon of Hae’s car. This was my first date and I’m having it with Donghae. I had been this nervous ever since the day he asked me out and I knew I annoyed the hell out of Minnie hyung with my ranting.

 

“For Shisus’ sake Lee Hyukjae calm the fudge down!” He shouted at me as he strongly held my cheeks with one hand and the other putting something on my eyes. Even though I chanted inside my head to calm down, my mind and heart don’t want to cooperate as I was still shaking. I heard my best friend sighed as he stopped applying eye liner on me. I opened my eyes and saw him bending a little in front of me, his face leveled with mine, his lips tugged with a small reassuring smile.

“Look Hyuk, everything’s gonna be fine okay? I know this is your first date so it will really be nerve-breaking but Donghae’s with you. Just enjoy it and everything will flow naturally on its own.” He advised and I immediately felt warm inside my chest.

 

I looked beside me and saw how stunning my date was. My eyes then caught our couple bracelet and it made me feel giddy inside. We wearing the same shirt coincidentally is also a plus.

The sun was up brightly illuminating Donghae’s handsome features making him more stunning than before. He also had that gentle smile on his face and his eyes shining happily. He must have noticed me staring at me as he gave me a glance making me remove my eyes on him. I heard him chuckle and almost jump at my seat when I felt his hand on top of mine squeezing it tightly.

“Stop staring at me or else I’ll melt into a puddle of goo and then we won’t be able to continue with our date.” He mused. I scoffed as I crossed my arms on my chest, a pout placed on my lips.

“So full of yourself now huh Lee Donghae?”

He chuckled as he stopped when the traffic light turned red then faced me. “I wouldn’t mind if it was you who will stare at me the whole day though.”

Those words were enough to shut me up throughout the whole trip.

 

 

We roamed around the mall for a bit while we waited for the movie. Donghae already bought tickets for us beforehand and I was surprised to see two tickets for Frozen 3D on his hands.

I knew I looked like an excited child with the way he chuckled at my reaction when he handed me the tickets but I could care less. No one’s old enough for cartoons.

He bought us snacks while I waited for him by the entrance of the cinema, bouncing on my heels as I was too excited for the movie.

 

I really enjoyed the movie and it was obvious on my face. Only on my face though. Much to my amusement, Hae was pouting once we stepped out of the cinema. Throwing him a curious look, I tilted my head to one side when I stopped walking.

“I’ll never pick cartoons for our movie date ever again. I’ll make sure there will be horror ones available.” He complained loud enough for me to hear.

I held my laughter as I stared at him, feigning innocence. “Why? And horror? How do you know I love horror?”

Naaah that’s a complete lie. I hate horror movies to the core but then it’ll be on my advantage since I’ll just snuggle against Hae the whole time.

I sounded like a erted ajhussi right? Ugh Lee Donghae the things you’re turning me into.

His eyes widened and shook his head. “No more horror movies then. Or maybe no more movies at all. Yeah, no more movies at all.” He huffed and held out his hand as we resumed walking and on instinct, I reached for it.

“But why?” I whined.

“I hate it when we’re together but your attention isn’t on me.” He mumbled a little too soft for my liking but luckily my ears caught his words. I grinned and held his hand tighter.

“As what you had said before, you’re my boyfriend now. Even though those movies will catch my attention, it will only be for a while because,” I paused and went closer to him, my lips going near his ear. “My eyes, heart and everything will always be focused on you.

Once I pulled away, I giggled seeing how violently red his face was while his lips was stretched in an adorable goofy smile.

The date went rather uneventful after that movie and childish argument of ours but it was very special for me because first, it was my first date and second, I’m with Hae. We ate, strolled, and laughed together the whole day. They’re right, a date doesn’t need to be extravagant or anything. It can be just a simple walk on the mall and yet everything will feel so right if you’re with the person you wanted to be.

 

He pulled over our house’s gate and turned off the engine. We sat still, none of us talking and yet the silence surrounding us was very comfortable.

I sighed and smiled when I turned to face him. “I had a great time. Really, Hae, thank you.”

He smiled as he reached out and brushed my fringe away. “It is I who should thank you. I also had a great time and I wish we could do this some other time.” He said and I chuckled at how his cheeks started to blush.

“Aigoo my boyfriend’s so adorable blushing like this.” I cooed and only laughed louder when he swatted my hands away as I was about to pinch his cheeks, his lips formed into a pout.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and reached out to him, enclosing him into a hug. “Thanks a lot Hae. Good night.” I whispered and turned my face a bit sideward and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

I pulled away and giggled when I saw him frozen on his seat. I went out of the car and crouched a little bit to look at him through his car window. He snapped out of his trance and looked at me. I signaled him to go home since it was quite late already and I know he’s tired plus, if my mom will still see him, I think he won’t be able to go home since she will bombard him with questions about our date.

He rolled his car window down and looked pleadingly at me that I have to stand on my ground of not letting him in anymore. I shook my head and waved him goodbye.

“Hyukkie~”

“No Hae. You know how Umma is so you better go home now.” I scolded to which was only replied with a pout. Like a defeated child, he nodded and started his car’s engine once again. Sending one last flying kiss, he grinned and finally went home leaving me with a giddy feeling.

 

 

“Okay Monkey. Details. Now.”

I rolled my eyes when I saw Umma and Sungmin hyung sitting by our dining table, looking expectantly at me.

“There’s nothing to tell. We just watched movie, ate, walked, and joked around that’s all.” I shrugged as I walked towards them, giving my mom a kiss on the cheek and my best friend a hug. I went straight to the fridge and took out a bottle of water. I drank it in one go and remembering the fun I had with Hae the whole day, a small smile appeared on my lips.

“Oooh I know that look. Someone’s in love~” Umma sang and Sungmin hyung jumped from his seat.

“Hallelujah! My best friend’s finally in love! I thought you’re aual or something.” He cried and once again, I could only roll my eyes on them.

“Oh shut it. I’m going to bed now. Good night guys.” Without waiting for their reply, I walked out of the dining room and went straight to my room. After my ceremonies, I laid on my bed as my mind once again replayed everything. My phone suddenly buzzed and I could only grin stupidly when I saw who texted me.

From: Hae <3

Gotta sleep now Hyukkie~ good night and sleep well okay? Dream of me~ tsup :*

I carelessly threw my phone to my side as I covered my face with my pillow and squealed loudly. I felt like a freaking teenage girl but who cares? It’s Lee freaking Donghae’s fault why I’m like this anyway.

I gasped as I removed my pillow and searched for my phone now covered with my thick blanket that I unconsciously messed up when I was giggling like a retard and started texting back.

To: Hae <3

Good night and sleep well too~ though I think I wouldn’t want to dream of you or else it’ll turn into a nightmare >:P

After sending my message, I sighed as I hugged my pillow tight, my eyes staring at my blue ceiling with lots of glow-in-the-dark stickers. My gaze was focused to a small fish that was pasted just right above my head. I smiled, the small figure reminding me of Hae.

I sighed contentedly as I buried my face on my pillow and adjusted my blanket all over me, my body giving in to the comforts of my bed and slowly closed my eyes, the smiling image of my Hae being the last thing on my mind.

 

 

A month and a half passed and with that short span of time, we relatively grew closer. We always meet up whenever he has his rest day, whether at the mall or at our house which was more often chosen over the other one. Of course I’ll always whine because seriously, as much as I love my mom and our house, staying here always is a bit tiring for me. I need a change of atmosphere once in a while besides our house and my workplace people. And as always, he’ll just smile cheekily at me.

“I love your house. This is the only place where I could feel the real meaning of ‘home’.”

I’m not really aware of his family background but, hearing these words from him I kinda have taken a hitch on what it’s like. He may be a bit playful when he said that but I’m not insensitive to the hidden meaning behind his words. Plus that annoyingly effective aegyo from him was enough for me to give in.

Remember my sacred movie marathon? I still do it but the difference is he’s always with me. We’ll fight for the perfect place in front of my laptop to the point our faces were glued to each other, our eyes focused on the random chick flicks on my hard drive leaving the two of us a crying mess right after.

Umma always teases us every time she’ll have the chance. More or less, she’ll just pop into our room bringing random kinds of food for Hae and me together with the teasing she has prepared especially for us. We kind of have gotten used to it already plus Hae never gets annoyed of her, instead he’ll laugh heartily and sometimes even joins her in annoying me.

 

A/N: short chapter is short peeps sorry. anyway thanks for reading! :3