3rd

One More (Probably the Last) Shot

DONGHAE’S POV

 

 

It may seem to Hyukjae like I’m a complete ert for acting that way but I just can’t help it. Those customers there stared at him like they’re undressing him with their eyes and there is no way in hell will I let them do that. Hyukjae’s mine!

 

So yeah, I did what was the easiest and most convenient way for me. I s my arm around his waist and pressed my body against him.

 

“Honey what’s taking you so long? We still have a lot of things to do for our date.” I asked him loud enough for other people to hear.

 

Ha take that!

 

I felt how he shivered under my touch and I smirked, loving my effect on him.

 

He asked me what that was about but instead of answering, I just grabbed his purchased book, bowed to the staffs and dragged him out of there with a triumphant smile on my face. I kept on walking while holding his hand when he suddenly halted. I turned around to face him and hurriedly regretted it.

 

He’s now pouting while slightly puffing his cheeks and was cutely glaring at me.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him feigning innocence.

 

“Why did you do that?” He demanded and all I could do was sigh. I moved closer and gently patted his cheek.

 

“I don’t like the way they’re looking at you. I just protected you back there you know.” I explained to him as gently as I can. He kept quiet for a few seconds and I had to hold back my breath, afraid on what he’ll do next. Much to my surprise, he just nodded in understanding.

 

“Okay.”

 

I blinked, totally confused.

 

“You’re not… angry?” I asked cautiously and he shook his head with a small smile.

 

“No. It was a bit embarrassing but hearing your explanation, it all made sense.” Hyukjae voiced out and smiled wider when he saw the confusion on my face.

 

“Come on Donghae. I already bought what I needed. Let’s go your way now.” He said as he let go of my hand and walked ahead of me. I stood there alone, thinking on how in the world can he not get pissed with what happened. If I’ll do it to other people, I’m sure they’ll immediately get angry at me and probably will leave me here all alone for being a ert and stuff but him, after hearing my explanation, he even smiled reassuringly at me.

 

“Are you coming or not?” I woke up from my trance when I heard him talking to me with an annoyed look but soon enough put a playful grin on his face. I grinned back and jogged towards him. I once again held his hand and walked when he pulled me back.

 

“Why do you keep on holding my hand?” He asked innocently and I had to think of a fast excuse.

 

“There’re so many people here I’m afraid you might get lost.” I smoothly lied and as expected, he nodded again and even tightened his hold on me. My heart once again started beating faster as I eyed our hands.

 

I’ve found you once again I’m afraid if I’ll let go of your hand, I’ll lost you forever.

 

 

We decided to shop for my clothes with me asking him for opinions and I can say that he has a great sense of fashion. Our shopping ended easily so here we are now in the middle of the mall, not knowing where to go.

 

“So.. What now?” I asked him as I let my eyes scan our surroundings. He puffed some air blowing his fringe away and looked at me.

 

“I’m hungry.” He said with a cute pout and I burst out laughing because he’s so adorable and yeah, I wasn’t able to control myself because the next thing I know, I was hugging him tight while burying my face on his blond hair. We stayed like that for a while with him frozen in my arms.

 

I hesitantly let go of him and gave him a wide smile. “What do you want to eat?”

 

 

 

“Thank you for the food!” He exclaimed as he clasped his hands together and started digging into his food. I looked fondly at him, not minding that my own was now getting cold. He happily slurped on his noodles and I just chuckled on how he ate.

 

“You’re so messy.” I commented with a laugh as I held out a tissue and wiped the sides of his mouth. He froze when he realized what I was doing and when his eyes met mine, I felt everything went still. My eyes went down to his lips and I slowly swallowed when I noticed how kissable his lips are. He cleared his throat making me snap out of my trance and I automatically retracted my hand from him.

 

Awkward silence surrounded us as I continuously cursed myself inside my mind. How could I lose myself in front of him like that?

 

“Donghae..”

 

I refused to look at him, afraid that he might think badly of me.

 

“Donghae..”

 

I still didn’t look at him.

 

“Yah! Donghae!”

 

Surprised by his outburst, I snapped my head upwards and saw him glaring at me.

 

“Y-Yeah?”

 

He continued to glare at me as he jutted his lips subconsciously pouting at me.

 

Cute.

 

“You’re purposely ignoring my call. What the heck is wrong with you? Eat your noodles okay? They’re cold already. It’s not good to waste food.” He nagged at me while I simply gawked at him.

 

He’s glaring at me because of my cold noodles?

 

A small smile appeared on my lips as I nodded and happily ate my food.

 

 

 

 

HYUKJAE’S POV

 

 

We went out of the noodle shop with our stomachs filled to the brim and all I suddenly wanna do was to lay there in the middle of the mall and sleep like a starfish. I bet it would be awesome.

 

I let out a yawn as my hand automatically covered my mouth. Donghae noticed me and looked at me curiously. He really looked like a kid.

 

So cute.

 

“Hey you okay?”

 

Letting out another yawn, I nodded and looked at him with teary eyes. “Yeah it’s just that I always get sleepy whenever my tummy’s full.” I explained as my hand automatically went to my tummy and rubbed it. I suddenly felt like a pregnant mother.

 

And Donghae’s the father.

 

Meh. Dream on Hyukjae.

 

“Do you want to go home now?” He asked and I looked thoughtfully at him. I want to go home now but I know deep down inside me I still wanted to stay for a little longer and spend time with him.

 

“But..” My words trailed off as he looked expectantly at me. The answer he’s expecting though was a mystery to me.

 

“What do you want me to do?” I’m sure he was surprised based on the look he gave me. I know I’m too straightforward but I can’t help it. It’s just me okay?

 

“Honestly..” He started and I waited for his next words. “I still want to spend time with you but I know I’m already asking too much since you’d already bought what you need and I’m being a selfish fish asking you to stay-“

 

“Enough.” I interrupted him who just blinked confusedly at me.

 

“W-What?”

 

I smiled at him. “I already got the answer I wanted okay? Now let’s go somewhere. I’m bored already!” I whined cutely at him and smiled triumphantly when I saw him grinning back at me.

 

We spent the whole day wandering around, buying stuffs here and there, admiring and even laughing at some weird things found inside the mall it felt like we have been doing that together for years. It felt like all the awkwardness between us vanished.

 

Evening came and we both agreed to have our dinner together. It was good. The foods were heavenly and the mood between us was light. It was clearly seen on our faces that we’re having a good time.

 

“I wish we could do this again some other time.” He commented as we walked around the garden placed outside the mall by the top floor. It was a peaceful place where only lovers were seen loitering around.

 

I subtly eyed him and smiled, thinking about the same thought as him. “Yeah. Well we could actually do it, unless you’ll be very busy with your work.” I told him and sent him a small teasing smile. He just snorted at me as he motioned me to follow him to a small bench. We sat there side by side, watching how the whole dark sky was surprisingly starless.

 

“Waaah I bet it will rain later.” He commented as he stretched his neck backwards going as far as it could while eyeing the sky giving me the perfect view of his very y Adam’s apple.

 

I shook my head to get rid of those inappropriate thoughts that started to invade my mind and chose to just copy what he was doing.

 

“Yeah I thought so too. I like rain. How ‘bout you?” I asked him as I finally stopped what I’m doing to look at him. He stared back and gave me a toothy grin.

 

“I love it. It may sound childish but I’ve always wanted to play under the rain.” He admitted in a small shy voice and despite the dimness of the place, I still can see how his cheeks turned to a pink hue.

 

“We could do it some time. I think it will be very fun.” I agreed with a nod. I never knew Mr. Popular has this kind of childish thoughts but it was very cute of him. It might get us colds but, I don’t mind getting sick if I’m about to have some fun with him.

 

And a bright childish grin answering me back was enough for me to look forward to that day, or night, or which time the rain will bless us.

 

 

 

After minutes of persuasion, I finally agreed on Donghae sending me home despite my protests since well, our homes are of the opposite directions. He kept on insisting that it will surely be hard for me to go home for it might rain any minute. So yeah, he took me home and even exchanged numbers, him reasoning on how the heck we can play under the rain together if we couldn’t contact each other. I just laughed it off along with the thousands of butterflies going crazy inside my stomach with just the thought of having his number saved on my phone.

 

Yeah I know I fanboy over him too much. No need to rub it in my face okay.

 

I guess it was safe to say that I hardly had any sleep despite the coldness of the night because it really did rain but not after Donghae had texted me that he finally reached home and even thanked me for a wonderful day. My mom kept on laughing her off when she saw the dark circles under my eyes the next morning, telling me I look a lot like her favorite cutie pie Huang Zitao, a Chinese member of the boy group she’s going gaga over. I think she still thought of herself as a teenage girl. And yeah, she bugged me all day for the details of my ­­supposed-to-be-date-with-myself-that-turned-out-to-be-a-date-with-the-famous-Lee-Donghae.

 

My mom can be quite a handful sometimes. But I love her even more because of that.

 

 

 

A/N: smooth Donghae.. real smooth...

did anyone of you find Hyuk here really weird? I'm sorry.. it's just me talking there actually XD