Something's wrong

The Uptown Romance

Jiyeon unpacked her stuff from her bags in her room then paused when she found her clothes she remembered taking off from that night she spent with Jaebum. She blushed and shoved her clothes back into her bag and called for one of her maids, ordering her to take the bag away and take the clothes in it to the laundry. 

After the maid left and closed the door to her room, Jiyeon slumped down on her bed and stared at the ceiling while hugging one of her plushies. She then started recalling that moment she had with Jaebum the night before and her cheeks burned red furiously. She buried her face into her plushie and shuts her eyes tight. "Noooooo! Stop thinking about it! Just stop!" a sudden knock was heard from her room's door. Jiyeon quickly sat up and called out, "come in" one of her security peeped his head in and informed Jiyeon, "Miss Park, your friends came to see you." Jiyeon raises his eyebrows and nodded, "Okay, let them in." Both Taemin and Nana came into the room. Nana being all cheery and happy, she ran towards Jiyeon and gave her a big hug while Taemin just casually walked into Jiyeon's room, looking around, all fascinated by how grand Jiyeon's home is. He then looked at Jiyeon with an impressed face, "Your home is awesome!" Jiyeon raised an eyebrow at Taemin and then looked at Nana, "What is he doing here?" Nana chuckled awkwardly and shook her head before looking straight at Jiyeon, "I have so much to tell you but let's leave that aside. Let's talk about what happened these past few days. Most especially, what happened yesterday? You suddenly disappeared for an entire day. Turns out you were with Jaebum? What have you guys been doing yesterday?" Jiyeon widens her eyes and felt her cheeks turning hot again. She then clears and wandered her eyes off to the side, avoiding Nana's stare, "uh...uhm..nothing! You see uh....we kind of...uhm... we kind of got lost. Yeah! Right!" Jiyeon looked straight at Nana and exclaimed, "We got lost on the way home! It's a long story." Jiyeon let out an awkward left while trailing her eyes away from Nana every once in a while before clearning again and looking down at her lap.

Nana narrowed her eyes at Jiyeon suspiciously, "You know, Ji. I know when something isn't right. You are acting really strange. Tell me what exactly happened when you were out with that boy."

Taemin looked at Jiyeon sternly as he was at the side, listening to the entire conversation. They both waited for Jiyeon to say something.

 

Jiyeon looked at them and shakes her head, "I told you guys, we got lost and had to find a place to get Jaebum's car fixed. They said that it would take around 24hours to get the car fixed. We couldn't just sit around and wait so we stayed at a mo-....." Jiyeon paused and looked at Nana who had a w-t-f-face on. "We had to stay at the motel for the meantime." Jiyeon added. 

"You guys shared the same motel??" Nana blurted.

"It's not like we....did anything...." Jiyeon lied. 

 

Nana narrowed her eyes at Jiyeon once more time then lets out a sigh. "I'm sorry. I know that nothing weird would happen between you guys because you guys hate each other anyway..."

Upon hearing Nana saying those words, Jiyeon just stared blankly at Nana and later hung her head low. 

 

We.... We hate each other...?

 

"I trust you, Ji. So it's fine." Nana placed her hand on Jiyeon's shoulder and gave her a genuine smile, "I'm just really glad that you're safe." Nana pulled Jiyeon in for a hug, "But Jaebum really didn't hurt you or bully you or anything, right?" Nana looked to the side at the back of Jiyeon's hair, waiting for her response then she felt Jiyeon shaking her head slowly. "Half of the time he bullies as usual but he still protected me anyway." 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaebum entered his home and as he passes by all his framed pictures of when he was a baby and of his parents, at the end he stopped in front of a huge framed picture of his parents holding him as a baby. He gently placed his hand over the 2D figure of his dad and slowly trails his hand towards the 2D figure of his mom, he stared at the pictures for a brief time before hanging his head low as he emits a soft sigh. He looks back up at the picture and smiles softly, "I can still keep going in this life alone without a family. I'll keep fighting and pushing through so everything would be worth it once I'm gone. I'll be able to see you soon and tell you everything I've been through in this cruel world." Jaebum leans his forehead against the framed photo before leaning out again and making his way to the living room.

He tossed his bags onto the sofa as he slumped down on the sofa and rested his feet on the coffee table in front.

A well-dressed butler walks in and greets Jaebum, "Had a lovely day, sire?"

"I can't even consider this week lovely at all, Tyler. So much has been going on but it's fine. I can deal with it all as always." Jaebum lets out a deep sigh and laid his head back against the couch while hanging his arm up back against the couch as well. Closing his eyes.

"I'll take your bag away now, sire." said the butler. 

Jaebum gave him an 'okay' sign while still resting comfortably on the sofa. 

The butler left with his bags.

 

 

Jaebum furrowed his eyebrows, grimacing in pain as he held onto the left side of his chest with his right hand, clenching onto his chest a bit hard yet gently. "A..ah....ugh..." he felt a striking pain in his chest that it was almost unbearable. Jaebum groaned in pain as he slowly stood up from the sofa and slowly tried calling out to his butler, Tyler. "T-..Ty-...Tyler!" Jaebum screamed out for Tyler before collapsing to the floor, still clenching onto his chest. "I-...I can't-...Ugh..."

As his hearing senses slowly start to fade, Jaebum also starts losing his sight slowly as he watches Tyler dropping everything while rushing towards him and shaking him.

 


 

Yooooo what happened to Jaebum?

Find out on the next chapter.

Ciao.