Apology / Ouch...?

The Uptown Romance

"Gosh, I can't believe you wanna make friends with them!" Jiyeon whined at the fact of Suzy asking her to apologize to them just so that she can be friends with the boys. "Just apologize and you won't be seeing them after that. You're doing this only once, Jiyeon-ah~" Suzy googly eyed at Jiyeon who just looked into her eyes. Jiyeon finally gave in for no one can stand a chance against Suzy's googly eyes, "Ugh! Okay fine! But better make sure that I won't be seeing them again, especially that other guy, I don't know his name!" She gritted her teeth when thinking about Jaebum. 

 

Suzy dragged Jiyeon along with her to Jaebum and Taemin's classroom. They saw Jaebum, but no sign of Taemin. "Uhm..ohkay...here's a warning. Well, he's a little too cold." Suzy said nervously. Jiyeon rolled her eyes, "I know that and I think I can handle him." Before they approached him, Suzy pulled Jiyeon and softly she reminded, "Try not to be mean or else he won't accept your apology and the boys and I can't be friends if that happens" Jiyeon gave Suzy the 'whatever' look.

They slowly approached Jaebum who laid his head on his table; listening to music through his headsets. He looks bored.

He suddenly felt someone tapping on his shoulders so he quickly lifted his head as he removed his headsets and looked up to see who tapped him. When he saw who it was he slowly laid his head on the table again; facing his head away from them, "What do you want?". Suzy spoke up, "She's here to apologize" Jiyeon rolled her eyes and looked at Jaebum. As she tried to sound as sweet and sincere as possible just to help her best friend, Suzy, "I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday. I hope y-" "Apology not accepted" "Excuse me?" Jiyeon felt offended and Suzy knew exactly what she was about to do so she quickly held on to Jiyeon who was about to flick Jaebum's head again like she did the other time. Jaebum quickly lifted his head and looked at them in an odd way.

Suzy eyed at Jiyeon telling her to stop. Jiyeon calmed herself down and started glaring at Jaebum. Jaebum and Jiyeon shared enemy glares. They're like cats and dogs. "You know, you guys remind me of Tom & Jerry" Nana sauntered into the class towards them. "Hey! We truly apologize. Now, can you please just accept our apology so we can get this over and done with?" Nana said standing in front of Jaebum.

Jaebum and Jiyeon still shared glares, like they were passing electricity to each other, trying to blow each other up. Suzy waved her hand in between their glares trying to cut their 'electricity glares' to stop them, "Hello?~~~ guys~ cut it already!" Jaebum was the first to look away then comes Jiyeon who just scooted her head to the side and scoffed. "If you can just accept our apology we'll stop bothering you." Nana said in a calm manner. "Okay, okay. Apology accepted! So can I now just listen to music in peace?" Jaebum laid his head on the table again. Suzy smiled, "Finally! Thank you!" Jaebum raised his hand and gave them a thumbs up while his head is still being laid on the table. The girls looked at each other in accomplishment and walked out of the classroom.

 

-Breaktime-

Suzy stood up from her table, leaving the girls behind. Jiyeon and Nana just looked at Suzy approaching Jaebum who is currently sitting alone at the table. "Hey~" Suzy greeted, "Is it ok if I sit here?" Jaebum was still a bit cautious about her and the other girls. So he haulted for a bit; thinking to whether agreeing if she can sit with him or not. "Where are your uptown friends? If that's what I should call you, girls." Suzy felt a bit perturbed about how Jaebum described them as the uptown girls, "Well...you see...I just wanna hang out with you for a while" Suzy waited for a response, but didn't get any from the cold guy. "So, can I sit with you?" Suzy asked in a sweet voice with a bit of a begging tone which wasn't that obvious. Jaebum finally agreed by slightly nodding his head but he still didn't look at her. He was just sitting on the opposite side, eating and reading his manga. 

"So..." Suzy tried breaking the quietness between them and thought for a topic to open up a conversation, "...You like mangas, huh?" "Yup" Jaebum replied but bluntly. Suzy just nodded slowly,"I haven't seen your friend around. Where is h-" "Taemin didn't come to school today" Jaebum cut Suzy.
It's hard to get him to at least have interest in me. Suzy thought to herself. "Poor guy" she muttered. "What do you want from me, exactly?" Jaebum suddenly asked; cautiously looking at Suzy. "I just wanted to make friends with you" She smiled weakly at him. "What if I say that I don't need friends? Especially ones like you?" By the time those words came out of Jaebum's mouth, Suzy felt hurt and just looked down at her lap. "But I thought we're cool." "I'm not" Jaebum said.

Nana and Jiyeon watched from afar and could see Suzy's expression. A sad expression. "Judging by her expression, things didn't go well" Jiyeon shook her head slowly. "What did that bastard do to our Suzy now?" Nana gritted her teeth and stormed to their table. Nana gave Jaebum a death glare and just walked off, pulling Suzy along with her. And as expected from Jaebum, he just sat there; uninterested - reading his manga while taking bites out of his sandwich.

 

"Suzy-ah! Is everything alright? What did that jerk say to you?" Nana placed her hands on Suzy's shoulders, looking at Suzy who's still looking down at her lap. In a soft voice, Suzy replied, "Do you think we're one of those mean popular girls like we see on TV?" Nana and Jiyeon looked over at each other and looked back at Suzy, "I don't think-" "Then why doesn't Jaebum wanna accept me completely, at least accept me as an acquaintance? Is it because he hates popular girls?!" Suzy exclaimed in frustration. "He's just one of those school's s like you see on TV." Jiyeon looked down at her nails for a while and then stood up from her seat. She crossed her arms over her chest as she sauntered towards Jaebum's table. 

"What now?" Jaebum took the last bite of his sandwich and continued reading his manga. "Look! I didn't want Suzy to be friends with you in the first place-" "Neither do I" Jaebum cut her off. "Yah!" Jiyeon irritably exclaimed showing him to just shut up and let her talk. "I don't wanna see Suzy being affected like this, especially when she's affected just because of a downtown namja like you!" Jaebum scooted his head to the side showing annoyance. He didn't like being described as the downtown namja. "So if you hurt my friend again. I'll kick you to the moon" Jaebum snorted and teasingly replied, "I'd like to see you try" Jiyeon glared at him but Jaebum just looked at her and smirked. "Don't give me that ugly smirk!" Jiyeon flicked Jaebum's forehead. 

It became a habit.

 


 

Hey guys!

I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't good enough but I hope you at least enjoyed it~

More chapters coming up soon.

Stay tuned! ^^

Ppyong!