Letting go of the coldness

The Uptown Romance

Back in the guest's bedroom, where Jiyeon helped JB to plaster his wound. A quiet laughter was still heard in the room.
Jiyeon can't help but laugh at the Hello Kitty plaster on JB's face. It's especially funny knowing that a cold guy has got a girly thing on his face. It's very unusual seeing JB with that.

 

A smile slowly started forming on JB's lips when watching Jiyeon laughing and smiling.
"You know, Jiyeon. I like your smile." JB said. He knew what he said. And it's about time he starts letting go of his cold self.

"W- what did you say?" Jiyeon stopped laughing and looked at JB confusingly.

"I can't lie, but I really like your smile." JB said back shyly. He was rubbing his nape and looking on the floor.

"Ahh~ So you're trying to make fun of me now, huh?" but Jiyeon didn't believe JB. 

"Yeah! That's right! I'm making fun of your smile! It's not even pretty." JB replied back acting coldly.

Jiyeon lifted her philtrum and nodded, "I knew it." Jiyeon took the pillow from the bed and slammed it on JB's face. "AAHH! Yah! That hurts!" JB complained as he softly his cheek feeling the swelling ache fade away slowly. Jiyeon gave JB a 'I-don't-care' look before turning away and she walked out the door.

 

"Jiyeon-ah! Jinah-yah! Dinner is ready. Call JB too." Suzy's voice was heard downstairs. She already arrived home.

"You go call JB, not me." Nana quickly walked ahead of Jiyeon avoiding the chance to be the one to call JB. Jiyeon frowned at Nana and had no choice but to go back to the room to call JB. "Hey, dinner is ready." Jiyeon stood by the door. JB smiled at Jiyeon and walked towards the door. "Uhm...Why are you smiling?" Jiyeon asked. She could feel butterflies in her stomach when JB smiled at her for unknown reasons. "Why? Is it wrong to smile?" JB asked, still having a smile on his face. Jiyeon shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I don't know. It's very unusual for you to smile. So I'm wondering." JB put on a dumbfounded expression and said, "I'm smiling because it's about time dinner is ready." Jiyeon lifted her philtrum and nodded at JB. Jiyeon was about to leave first when JB suddenly said, "I'm not going out with this though btw." JB said as he was about to pull the hello kitty plaster from the corner of his lip. But Jiyeon grabbed his wrist before he even tries to remove it, "Don't you dare." 

"Why not?" JB asked.

"It's like, removing all my efforts just to put this on someone I wanna personally punch so badly. But then I was nice enough to come and heal you instead" Jiyeon said sarcastically. JB frowned at Jiyeon while she pulled his hand away from his face. "Now let's go to eat dinner before you get another plaster from me." Jiyeon gave a threatening glare at him before she walked first. JB didn't want to show the hello kitty plaster on his face so he didn't want to go. "I'll just skip dinner, and I wouldn't mind getting another plaster either." He said with a smirk. Jiyeon turned to look at JB and she narrowed her eyes at him but he ran back to the room and closed it. An instantly quick sigh escaped from Jiyeon's throat when JB disappeared into the room. She went back to the door and opened it. When she opened the door, JB was in the middle of removing his shirt from his head. When JB popped the shirt off his head and saw Jiyeon, they were both startled. Jiyeon covered her eyes with both her hands and quickly hid behind the door. "Y-yyyah! Don't you know how to knock?" JB scolded from inside the room that Jiyeon could hear him. "Don't you know how to lock the door?!" Jiyeon softly scolded back, soft enough to not let the others hear her.

The door suddenly opened and out came JB with a new shirt on. "erted yeoja!" JB said back mockingly. Jiyeon frowned again and scolded softly, "You should've locked the door, pabo!" 

"But how am I supposed to know if someone is coming? You know that I'm inside, it's more proper to knock. Who knows if-!" Jiyeon quickly covered JB's mouth and pushed him inside the room and she closed the door. "Yah! What did you do that for?!" JB asked and he was annoyed. He grimaced as he wiped his mouth several times. "You've got a big mouth, that's why!" Jiyeon scolded back. She then saw JB wiping his mouth because she touched him, "Yah! I'm not dirty!" She glared at JB. "Whatever, but you are still a erted girl I ever know and I don't want you touching me!" JB crossed his arms and lifted his chin up. "And you're the most stupidest guy I've ever met!" Jiyeon exclaimed. "I heard that you always get an F in your tests." JB started laughing. Jiyeon blushed in embarrassment and poked JB's swollen cheek. JB flinched, backing away quickly from Jiyeon and glared at her, "Ew! I said don't touch me!" Jiyeon stuck her tongue out at JB and walked towards the door.

She opened the door and to her surprise, she saw Suzy standing in front of her, about to knock the door. "Jiyeon? What are you doing in JB's room? And moreover, the door is even closed." Suzy said dumbfoundedly. "We just had a little argument as usual." Jiyeon patted Suzy's shoulder and headed downstairs for dinner.

 

Suzy walked in the room and looked at JB, "So you had a fight with Taemin..." Suzy said as she approached JB looking at his covered up wound. "How did you know?" JB asked narrowing his eyes at Suzy. "I met Taemin down the road, not too far from my house and he told me everything." Suzy replied. JB shrugged and nodded his head. Nobody talked afterwards...

Suzy looked at the Hello Kitty plaster on JB's lip and wondered, "Who put that plaster on? Was it Nana, or you did it yourself?" 

"Jiyeon put it on for me." JB smiled.

Suzy was very surprised to see JB smile. After seeing that smile, especially when he smiled right after mentioning Jiyeon's name, thoughts started polluting her mind. What if Taemin was right? What if they will be together someday? Is there a chance for that to happen?

Suzy didn't wanna allow it to happen. She exaggerated over the thoughts of what she assume is gonna happen and it made her feel like she is losing time to make JB like her instead.

"Aren't you gonna make fun of me because I'm wearing a Hello Kitty plaster?" JB felt somewhat embarrassed. He scratched his head while waiting for a response.

"JB! I like you!" Suzy exclaimed. She ignored JB's question and she hung her head low as she closed her eyes shut, she didn't want to see the reaction on JB's face. She just needed to hear what will JB say, in hopes that it will be something that she wants to hear from him.

"W-what?" Suzy heard the confusion on JB's voice.

She slowly opened her eyes but didn't look up at JB. He stared at JB's sock-covered feet which was right in front of hers, "I said I like you!" She said in a soft, trembling voice.

"Uh...Th-thanks?" JB said, unsure of how should he react to a situation like this.

Suzy still looked down at their feet. In a soft voice, Suzy responded, "JB...Have you ever once...liked me?" 

"I like how cheerful and positive you are, but to be very honest with you, I don't really like it when you get too clingy with me." JB replied frankly, regardless of Suzy's feelings.

Suzy could feel a lump in . She swallowed several times to stop the pressure in and closed her eyes as she felt tears trying to slowly escape from her eyelids. 

JB felt awkward. He didn't know what to do but to just stand still on his place, listening to the soft sobs coming from Suzy.

A few minutes had already passed, and they both haven't moved from their places...
JB slowly but hesitantly walked to Suzy, he then slowly lifted his arms and put them around Suzy to comfort her although he felt kind of awkward. Hoping Suzy will stop crying, he pulled her in a hug and rubbed her back, "Uh...You can stop crying now. And uh...let's go eat dinner! Maybe you'll feel uh, happy after eating something delicious!" JB stuttered as he tried to cheer Suzy up but it didn't seem to work. Suzy still kept sobbing and slowly, Suzy hugged JB back as she buried her face on his chest. "Why can't you accept me?! Why?" JB was speechless, he didn't know what to say because if he told her that he didn't like her he knew that Suzy wouldn't feel better and she'll just continue being upset. 

Suzy pulled away from the hug and with her watery eyes with tears dropping down her cheeks, she looked at JB, "Is it because of Jiyeon?? Is it because you like Jiyeon now?" JB looked at Suzy with wide eyes and he just paused... "W-what?" a tone of confusion escaped JB's lips as he became speechless...

"Why are you speechless??" Suzy raised her voice at JB while more tears fell from her eyes as she looked straight into JB's eyes.

 

 

Neither of the two realized that Jiyeon was peeking through the small space of the slightly opened door.
Jiyeon grew into curiousity while she waited for JB to give an answer.