Jealousy

The Uptown Romance

"I saw you holding hands with Jiyeon." Taemin said. "I was holding her wrist, to be exact." JB said back bluntly while playing with his phone. "There's no difference. You still held onto her." Taemin replied, almost impatiently. "You know I like her! Don't forget that!" Taemin added. 
"I know that. And you know that I don't like her. Just because I held her doesn't mean I like her." JB glared back at Taemin. They were in the guest's bedroom, resting for a while. While Jiyeon and Nana were in the other bedroom, minding their own girly-talk business while waiting for Suzy to arrive since she went out to buy some snacks just nearby, not too far from their home.

"I want you to stay away from Jiyeon." Taemin said, trying to hide his raging jealousy as he clenched his fist. "I've always wanted to stay away from her but aren't you the one who convinced me to come here? You know that we will be sleeping under the same roof with Jiyeon, but you didn't think it through. So look who's jealous and stupid at the same time." JB mocked.

Things started to fire up for Taemin. So he walked over to JB who sat by the desk still playing with his phone and said, "I did that because I didn't want Suzy to be disappointed. And didn't you remember our plan? I told you that you shouldn't be with Jiyeon, whether it's looking at her or fighting with her. You still did it!!!" Taemin shoved JB with every phrase he spat. JB stood up and shoved on Taemin as well with every word he emphasized, he shoved on him, "Didn't you hear me? I told you that I will never like her! Now stop acting like that girl and I will be together someday because that will NEVER happen!"
Recalling back to the day when JB supposedly hugged Jiyeon and how JB stared at her the other night and also to add up to that, he recalled the moment JB held Jiyeon's wrist, he didn't believe that JB and Jiyeon will never be a thing and so his jealousy turned into anger. He couldn't control it so he packed a punch at JB. JB was completely staggered by what his very own best friend did to him. He began to feel the anger travelling through his veins that he dashed towards Taemin and grabbed him by the collar, "YAH!!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!!! DO YOU NOT BELIEVE ME, UH..UH???!!!" JB was furious with Taemin for not trusting him. "LET ME GO!!!" Taemin punched JB on the face once again very hard making JB stumble backwards and he landed on his rump. They were so noisy that suddenly Nana and Jiyeon opened the door and was stunned to see JB with blood on the corner of his lip while Taemin looked back at them.

"OMG, you're bleeding!" Jiyeon hurried towards JB who was on the floor and she looked at his wound. Nana who stood by the door stepped in the room, looking at Taemin, "What happened here?" Taemin didn't answer Nana. Instead, he watched Jiyeon examining JB's wound and it broke his heart seeing them like that. Taemin couldn't stand seeing them in that position so he stormed out of the bedroom and downstairs he went. A few minutes later, they could hear a slam from the main door. Nana ran to the balcony and could already see Taemin running away along the streets in the dark.

Nana ran back to the room where Jiyeon and JB were and started asking JB, "What happened here?" 
JB wasn't sure if he should tell them that Taemin actually likes Jiyeon. He was also thinking that Taemin should just confess it to her because a real man will personally confess to the person they like so he decided to keep it a secret for now, "It's non of your business." Nana and Jiyeon didn't bother asking anymore. 

"Nana, you treat his wound for him." Jiyeon whispered at Nana. Nana just scoffed her chin up and walked out the door, "You do it!" She said out loudly. Jiyeon felt embarrassed when Nana left them after saying it out loud. The position they were in was awkward due to the fact they fight a lot and Jiyeon was hit hard on the head when she finally came into her senses realizing that she was touching JB's cheek to where Taemin busted him.
Jiyeon slowly looked at JB, then she looked down at his wound and sighed. "Nana! Where is the first aid kit?" She yelled until they heard Nana coming back and she appeared in front of the door with a first aid kit box in her hand and handed it over to Jiyeon then she left.

"Sit there." Jiyeon pointed on the bed then JB sat on the bed like Jiyeon told him to. She sat next to JB and opened the first aid kit box and took out the materials needed to clean the wound. She carefully dabbed JB's wound with a slightly wet cotton, cleaning it.
It stinged a little but it's bearable. 

JB looked down at Jiyeon who was so upclose to him, putting all her focus on JB's wound. She didn't know that JB was looking at her. Just feeling her touch felt soothing. 
It was really quiet in the room that it made JB kind of nervous because he had never been in a situation like this before, so he didn't know what to do.
JB was startled when Jiyeon suddenly finished cleaning his wound, so he quickly wandered his eyes off to the side, afraid that Jiyeon will catch him staring at her.

"I know you were looking. There's no need to pretend." Jiyeon said, as she searched the box. JB cringed in embarrassment, "S-so?" 

"Nevermind that." Jiyeon said. She then remembered something and she added, "By the way, about what happened earlier. I just wanna say thanks.  Although you've been a jerk towards me a lot, I still wanna thank you anyway."

"Uh, it's nothing." JB said awkwardly.

Jiyeon searched for a plaster and could only find hello kitty plasters. "What's this? Suzy is just like a little kid." She murmured to herself while searching through the small pile of plasters for the plain plasters that's suitable for grown ups, but unfortunately, there were none. So she had no choice but to let JB use the 'Hello Kitty' plasters for the meantime.

As Jiyeon was about to put the plaster on JB, JB flinched, "Why hello kitty?" 

Jiyeon stopped and replied, "There's nothing else! Just use this one! I'll explain it to the others if they tease you! Now stop complaining" 

JB sulked and just accepted it, so Jiyeon plastered it next to JB's lips.

Jiyeon took one more look at JB and JB stared back at Jiyeon, waiting for a reaction...

 

Jiyeon just stared at JB. It looked like she's restraining a smile and JB knew exactly why, so he rolled his eyes and looked away, "Go ahead. Laugh!" Jiyeon then bursted out a quiet laughter, "Kekekekekeke!!!"

JB felt really embarrassed, but he just let Jiyeon laugh at him while he enjoyed looking at her smiles and hearing her laugh.

 

He allowed Jiyeon to laugh for a reason...