" Boots "

"The Falling Games"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the heck is wrong with you?” Krystal asked in a rude way as she let go of L’s hand. They’re now outside the police station, beside her car. L smirked, giving Krystal an “I- know-you’re-pissed-off-and-I-like-it” face. “Joon told us that we can’t admit that we’re not really dating right?” he raised his eyebrows, crossing his arms. “I don’t wanna lose. You know that.”

“Okay, fine,” she said, raising her arms as a sign of surrender. L turned his back on Krystal and walked to his car. “I’ll be following you,” L said before he went inside. “Wait,” Krystal called. “Are you American?”

“Yep, I’m one-eight American,” he replied. “My grandpa’s half Korean-half-American, he married my Korean grandma, gave birth to a one-fourth American kid, that’s my mother, then she married my father who’s Korean, and lastly, gave birth to me then my sister. So… that’s it.” He smiled.

“So you’re not one-fourth American like Dr. Fei said,” Krystal said. L opened the door of his car and got a tissue from his compartment and wiped the blood in his nose. “Why are you here though?” L asked while he was still wiping his nose. Krystal scoffed. “I was bored,” she replied.

“Mr. Brown huh?”

“Yep, it was that stupid old American- Japanese-Korean,” Krystal smiled sarcastically. “Can we go somewhere?” she asked. L looked in the side mirror gently touching his cheek Krystal punched earlier. “Ow…” he groaned painfully as he touched the bruised part. “You can be a boxer you know?” he said and opened his compartment again and bowed down to look for something inside. He got a pressed powder then he looked at the side mirror again and applied some of the powder on his bruised cheek. Krystal noticed him immediately.

“What the—what are you doing? A-are you applying powder on your face?” she asked, quite shocked. “Yep. A girl I used to hang out with left this inside my car after we made out here—in my car,” L replied, still applying powder. Krystal made a disgusted face and then suddenly it became a smiling one like she just thought of an exciting idea. “Wait, are you gay?” she asked, almost laughing.

“What?” L straightened up and threw the pressed powder inside the car. “What do you mean gay?”

“I mean gay-gay. No straight man could apply some girly pressed powder on his face unless…unless his gay. Are you?” she smiled mischievously. “What? What are you saying—what?” L was now in the confused, stutter- mode. “C’mon, tell me. I’m not going to tell anyone about this,” she said then showed her baby finger. “I swear on my cutest pinkie.”

“Are you freakin’ nuts!? I’m not gay!” L shouted. “Then why are you applying some of that girly stuff on your face?” Krystal talked back.

“I just used it to hide the bruise you gave me—that fiery punch from you.”

Krystal again smiled teasingly. “I do not believe you. You’re gay. Why can’t you just accept that?” she was beginning to tease L. Of course she knows L’s not gay but she likes to joke it to him anyway, it’s fun. “I’m not gay! I could kiss you right now!” L started to walk closer to her.

Kry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter