“ Deal Or No Deal? ”

"The Falling Games"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days had passed since the gang fight and the bar mess. Krystal suffered one week of being grounded by her father. She was not allowed to go out, use cell phones, computers, and her IPod. Her father did this to teach her a lesson but of course, it was a no-effect for Krystal. She’s still a screwed-up rich, miserable, senior high school.

After one week of being grounded, Krystal was now allowed to go to school but, her father ordered to have bodyguards with her. As she walked in the hallway, she noticed that most of the students were looking at her and talking behind her back. It pissed her off and stopped for a bit.

“What are you looking at?!” she screamed.

The students were afraid. Everybody left and went inside their classroom. Krystal will be a very hard enemy to face. Aside for the fact she has a lot of money, she has the skills of a gangster—she could fight anyone, and anywhere. She’s known for being fearless.

“Too hot-headed aren’t ya?” L came out of nowhere and blocked Krystal.

“Shut up. Get out of my way you idiot.” She pushed L away.

“I heard you were grounded.”

Krystal turned to look at L. she was pissed off already and L’s pissing her more. “Go away or I’ll kill you.” She said.

L just laughed and moved even closer to her. “I don’t fight girls. Especially weaklings like you”

Krystal smirked. “Oh yeah?”

“Oh—.” Just about L finished what he saying, Krystal punched him on the face, planting a bruise on it.

“Come on weakling. Let’s dance girl” she taunted L. The young man stood up and snickered. “I got to confess, that hurts. And uh, honestly, I want to fight but, I’m sure you don’t want to get grounded again don’t ya?”

They stopped and looked at each other. “Fine. But I’ll get you next time. ” Krystal rolled her eyes and left L.

When Krystal was a bit far away, L touched his cheek. It’s the first time he got punched by a girl. Krystal never hit him before even though they’re like cats and dogs who always fight even through little, senseless things. He made a turn to leave the building and as he opened the door of his car, he touched his cheek again, making a painful groan. “Tss. That really hurts.”





 

 L went to the coffee shop just outside the campus. As he entered the door, he noticed that a guy was sitting in his table near the window. Yes, he has his own table. It’s not like he owns it, but,  kind of. Everyone knows its L Park’s table and just by the sound of that word, they tremble and so, no one dares to sit in there. Even the management itself tells tourists and other people who are not from around there that “ITS RESERVE,” like forever as long as L lives.

The guy was sipping a cup of tall cappuccino while listening to music in his cell phone. He was wearing white cardigan, black skinny pants and was wearing sunglasses. L walked closer to the guy and stood in front of him. L was pissed by this sight. Is that man that crazy to take his table? He gotta have his punishment. He gotta remember that he only, owns that freakin’ table.  “What the hell are you doing? Get up.” L said to the guy.

The guy looked at him and smirked. “Why? Is this yours?” he said but stayed on his seat.

One of the waitresses rushed to the two guys whose clearly sparking a fight. “Sir, I already told him that the table is reserved but he didn’t listen. I’m so sorry sir.” She explained to L.

He ignored the waitresses’ explanation and kicked the table. “Hey! Get up!” shouted angrily. The other customers were beginning to get afraid and some of them even left. No matter how scary L looked, the guy just continued sipping his coffee and totally ignored him.

“Let’s settle this outside idiot.” L challenged the guy.

“You didn’t change L. You’re still the same. Quit it already.” The guy laughed as he removed his sunglasses and smiled. L widened his eyes and stiffened. “J-Joon?”

“Oh yeah.” The guy replied.

Joon  is L’s best friend since they were in grade school. But, when they reached senior high, he transferred in U.S.

“What the—I didn’t recognize you! I mean, you cut your hair man and its red! You look—you look so…so different.” L was still shocked to see his long, lost best friend.

“Come on man, sit here.” Joon said.

“So, why are you here?” L asked as he sat down.

Joon called the waitress and ordered another cup of coffee before answering. “Whoa man, what happened to your face? Fight again?”he asked back as he noticed L’s bruised face.

“yeah… so, how are you here?” he answered, changing the topic because he just didn’t want to think about what happened earlier.

“I miss Seoul. Gotta come back here once in a while right? I stayed in America for too long.” Joon replied.

L laughed. He was happy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter