" A Couple in the Station "

"The Falling Games"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That man’s seriously getting in my nerves!” Krystal said, allowing her voice to echo inside the hallway. Thunder approached Krystal, brought her to some place where they could talk and told her that Top was sorry about earlier.

“I told you he’s sorry... he’s just—” Thunder stopped himself. He was about to say jealous but he thinks it’s not the right time to do that. “He’s just stressed and the way you talk maybe stirred his anger, you know, pissed him off?”

Krystal rolled her eyes at Thunder. “What will I do then?” she asked.

“Well, aside from you should keep records during meetings,” Thunder said. “You will be Mr. Collins’ slash tour guide or something, together with…” he got something in his pocket—a paper and then he read it with his lips. “…you’ll be with Key.”

Key, the SSC Auditor and L’s worst enemy (really worst) is also the worst student next to him. He has this bad boy image—more like a gangster, murderer, and lunatic kind of image. He used to have lot of piercings in his body—six on the left ear, four on the left, three on the mouth, one on the tongue, nose and belly button but he got ‘em removed. He used to have a lot of tattoos too. A big red tiger occupying his whole back, a green dragon on his left arm and a black and yellow colored snake on his chest up to his right side of the neck. But, he also removed all of it because Collins prohibits this kind of look. The only thing left of his bad boy look is his grey- colored Mohawk- styled hair. Key really is a bad boy but what separates him from L is that he is afraid of his father. And that may be the reason why he’s still number two of Collins’ Bad Boys List.

“Why Key? Why not others?” Krystal asked.

“Key was born and raised in Canada and you, you’re born in raised in California,” Thunder said. “That’s why both of you can speak English in a more American way.”

Krystal shook her head. “No,” she said. “I’m not going to be with that guy—gross”

“And who do you suggest to be with you?” Thunder asked.

“ I’ll take Yuri with me.” Krystal answered.

“No,” Thunder said. “Key will be the one.” He ended the conversation by leaving.

 

It was already time for the second period, Mr. Brown’s subject which is English and L isn’t back yet. Krystal wanted to call him but she realized she doesn’t have his number. “I’ll kill that man,” she began murmuring. “I’ll definitely wring his neck.”

“Okay class, did you read the book I told you?”  Mr. Brown asked the students. “Sharon Creech’s ‘Walk Two Moons’?”. He got no reply from his students. “I guess you didn’t.” he sighed.

“Well then, open the books I gave you and let’s start reading then you’ll give your reaction about it,” Mr. Brown said, opening his own book of “Walk Two Moons”. “Seriously, I’ll fail you if you won’t listen to me.”

 After hearing Mr. Brown, the students immediately opened the book and started reading then Krystal all of a sudden, raised her hand. “Hey, I should go to the clinic,” she said to Mr. Brown. “My head hurts.”

“If you’re faking it, Ms. Nam, then, I suggest you do it to someone who’s crazy enough to believe it,” Mr. Brown replied, still reading his book.

Krystal scoffed and ruffled her hair. “I’m going out.” She stood up and grabbed her bag. Mr. Brown looked at her with his big, brown eyes. Not only were his eyes that are colored brown. His hair, eyebrows, eyelashes and mustache were also brown. It seems like everything about him is brown.

“Where do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter