Chapter 16

Imperfect 27th November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun, what're you doing? You'll gonna die soon. You are suffering from brain cancer. Baekhyun, wake up! You don't even deserve to be with Chanyeol forever coz maybe you'll die next year, or maybe next month, or maybe next week. What're you doing, Baekhyun? You don't deserve happiness! You'll die really soon! - Baekhyun's mind reminds himself before he cuts the kiss first by gently pushing Chanyeol away.

 

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol curses himself in his mind coz failed to control his own action just now. There is an awkward silence between them in sudden with no one of the two is brave enough to look at the other.

 

But then Baekhyun brakes the silence, "I need to continue practising." He turns around to the piano, showing his back to the other guy. Chanyeol quietly nods before he stands up, understanding. Then, he walks out from the music room to give some personal space for Baekhyun.

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun sighs and buries his face on his palms. I can't feel this way. No way, Baekhyun. Your life is getting shorter day by day. Stop dreaming, Baekhyun. Just stop! You are hurting yourself if you let this happen. Baekhyun takes a deep inhale before he starts playing the piano again.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Tomorrow is the day for the 10th Music Fetsival. Ticket for the concert was sold out! Everyone seems anticipated, lecturers as well. People are busy doing the preparation and setup the stages.

 

Baekhyun is now picking his tuxedo for tomorrow's performance from Madam Jane's room. She is not there so Baekhyun takes it by himself. That white tuxedo seems really nice. But, doesn't it looks quite big for him? He walks through the silent corridor alone before suddenly Kyungsoo appears from a class nearby. "Hi, Kyung-" He doesn't get a chance to finish his words coz out of the blue, the doe-eyed boy gives a hard punch on his shoulder that makes him almost fall.

 

"No need to 'hi' me." Kyungsoo sharply says to the brunette infront of him who looks so surprise with a punch he got just now.

 

"K-Kyungsoo, why?" Baekhyun can't get what's actually happening.

 

"I had asked you to stay away from Chanyeol, right? Then, what're you doing with him yesterday?!!" Kyungsoo raises up his voice as the whole corridor can hear him.

 

"I.. we-" Baekhyun stutters when the incident that happened yesterday in music room appears in his mind.

 

"Why, Baekhyun? Can't you leave Chanyeol for me? I just need someone to take care of me, and Chanyeol seems can do that." Kyungsoo tighten his fist. "And yesterday, I watched something that I shouldn't have to watch! I hate you, Baekhyun!!!" He reaches out his fist, moves it fastly towards Baekhyun's face. Suddenly, a hand grabs the doe-eyed boy's wrist. "What the-" Kyungsoo harshly curses before he turns his head to see Jongin is there, beside him and his wrist is grabbed by that tanned-boy.

 

Jongin is alr checked out from the hospital a few days ago. And he is here just to visit the place for tomorrow's concert. Chanyeol invited him. Kyungsoo's big eyes getting wider when he sees Jongin. "So, that guy.... is Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol?" Jongin sounds so disappointed. His voice is shaking, obviously tries to hold back his anger and tear.

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both are surprised by the guy's existence. "W-What're you doing here?" Kyungsoo stutters.

 

"That's not the point! Now, I ask you. Is he Park Chanyeol?!" Jongin seems so angry as he tighten his grip on the smaller's wrist.

 

"Yes! I love him! So, what?!" Finally, Kyungsoo admits it. Jongin seems speechless while Baekhyun bites his lower lip in guilty.

 

A few seconds later, Chanyeol approaches there with a concern look when he hears the noisy sound.

 

'Chanyeol, not now. Please go!' -- Baekhyun innerly screamed to that guy. But, it just too late before he could say it out loud...

 

"What happened here?" Chanyeol asks before suddenly, he being hit hardly by Jongin right on his face. Chanyeol who knows nothing falls down on the floor instead.

 

"Jongin, stop!" Baekhyun tries to stop the taller who seems want to give another punch as he pulls Chanyeol's collar shirt.

 

"How long have you been in relationship with Kyungsoo?! You stabbed me, Chanyeol! I thought we are friend! !! Kyungsoo loves you so he decided to left me! Are you satisfied enough now?!" Jongin let out his pain by shouting as loud as he want. Chanyeol who is dumbfounded says nothing as he looks confused. He's really confused at Jongin's words. And once again, he gets another punch from Jongin that makes him drops on the floor. A blood can be seen at the corner of Chanyeol's mouth.

 

"I said stop! Gosh, this kid." Baekhyun let go of Jongin's grip from Chanyeol's collar before he pushes the tanned-boy away. "Enough, Jongin! Chanyeol doesn't know anything!" Baekhyun sounds beg while helping the taller male to get up.

 

Jongin turns his face to Kyungsoo. "I nvr thought that you'll become so cruel like this, Kyungsoo. I miss my old Kyungsoo. My lovingly Kyungsoo." Jongin sadly says before he walks away, leaving the other three males. Kyungsoo doesn't raises his face to face Jongin as tears start to form in his eyes.

 

"Jongin, wait!" Baekhyun makes his way to Jongin who has been far away from them. He is too rush and clumsy to not realize that he drops his tuxedo on the floor.

 

And now, only Chanyeol with Kyungsoo leave behind. Both of them stay silent before Chanyeol starts first, "I need explaination." Kyungsoo drops his gaze. "Kyungsoo, is that true? What Jongin said earlier... is that true?" Chanyeol asks.

 

Kyungsoo slowly nods.

 

It makes Chanyeol sighs and frowns his brows. "Why, Kyungsoo? For me, you're just my friend, same as Baekhyun, Jongin and all of our friends."

 

Kyungsoo sharply looks at him. "No! Liar! Baekhyun is not just a friend for you. I can see that!"

 

Chanyeol sighs. "Okay, yes. He is my BEST friend."

 

This time, Kyungsoo clenched his fists. "Not even just a best friend but more than that! Stop fooling me, Chanyeol! Who's Baekhyun in your eyes actually? I love you.. and it is hurt when someone we love loves someone else, ya know!" Kyungsoo bites his lips and drops his gaze once again.

 

Chanyeol takes off the ring on his finger and gives it to Kyungsoo. The doe-eyed boy looks confused. "Maybe you're right. He is not just my friend or even best friend. He is... more than that. I'm sorry." Chanyeol takes Kyungsoo's hand and put the ring in the doe-eyed boy's palm. "And.. yes, it is really hurt when we love someone who loves someone else. So, please appreciate Jongin coz he loves you damn much." Chanyeol ends his words before he walks away from that place.

 

"Jongin, wait. Hear me first!" Baekhyun runs closer to Jongin and finally his hand able to grab the tanned-boy's arm.

 

"What else?" Jongin sharply asks.

 

"Jongin, don't punish Kyungsoo like this. Actually, this is not really his fault. He just feels a bit lonely coz you always busy with your work and life. You two barely meet each other. He said to me once that he wants someone to be by his side when he is down." Baekhyun tries to explain. "I bet, he still loves you. Somewhere in his heart still missing you. You want your old Kyungsoo, right? Same goes with him. He wants his old Jongin as well. His Jongin who can spend some time with him, accompany him in his harder time, makes him laugh with some stupid jokes and even hugs him when he cries. But now, Chanyeol is the one who did all of those things for him. But, trust me that you can be with Kyungsoo again if you do something." Baekhyun gives some advices.

 

"What is that thing?" Jongin hesitatantly asks.

 

"Sacrifice." Baekhyun warmly smiles, "sacrifice some of your time for him. He really need that. Be nice to him and be patient. Arasseo?"

 

Finally, Jongin's mouth form a thin line. Even just a small smile forms on his face, he really grateful to meet someone who really care like Baekhyun. That brunette pats his arm with an encouragement smile. "Thanks, Baekhyun. I'm sorry for what Kyungsoo tried to do on you jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter