Chapter 17

Imperfect 27th November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun, help me please." Hoya, a senior student asks for Baekhyun's help to carry a few boxes into ICT room. They are now cleaning up the messy stage and the venue place overall after that music festival ended a hour ago. People are getting decrease as the night is getting late.

 

"Sure!" Baekhyun bows and lifts up the box into his arms.

 

His friends - Jongdae, Xiumin, Luhan, Sehun, Lay and Suho already left half an hour ago. Chanyeol is helping the seniors to take down the banners and the other things at main entrance. Meanwhile, Kris-- Where is that tall latter? Baekhyun didn't see him since the festival began.

 

"Where should I put this box, hyung?" Baekhyun asks once he walks into the ICT room.

 

"Just leave it there on the floor, next to the other stuffs." Onew - another senior answers while pointing his eyes to the said place. Baekhyun just obeys and before he leaves the room, Youngmin (Baekhyun's president) approaches there in front of the door.

 

"Hi, Baekhyun!" Youngmin smiles as the brunet smiles back. That president takes his phone from on the table somewhere in the room before he walks out the room.

 

"Baekhyun. Nice name you got there~" Onew who is sitting and playing his phone looks up at the petite boy. "So, you're the 1st year student's vice president?" Another senior, Gikwang smirks as Baekhyun replies with 'yes'. "Let me advice you something. Don't be so nice towards your president. That is just want to use you. Don't hear to him so much." Gikwang continues. "He is so cute, right?" Onew says to his friends, talking about Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun who seems uncomfortable with the situation just nods and bows to the seniors. Then, he leaves the room. What did that senior means about? Youngmin? Use me?

 

Baekhyun walks down the stairs and once he arrives at the back of the hall to take another box, Kris is there. "Uh-- Baekhyun." Kris who is squatting down and untangling the wires that messed up the floor smiles to the brunet.

 

"Hi, Kris. You work here alone?" Baekhyun steps closer to the last box for him to carry up.

 

"Yup. I'm almost done anyway." Kris brings back his gaze on the wires. He moves backward slightly but then his back accidentally bumps to the building of wide mirrors behind him. Unlucky for Kris when the mirrors start to slide down and fall... onto him.

 

"Kris, watch out!" Baekhyun who notices it immediately run to the latter. Kris lifts up his head as he looks at Baekhyun with a puzzled look before suddenly the small brunet hugs him who is still squatting down.

 

What can be heard next is broken sound as the mirrors fall onto Baekhyun's back and hit the petite boy's head. A really loud sound from behind the brunet makes Kris frowns his eyebrows. "B-Baek, what is that?" Kris who is still confused with the situation asks but he gets no respond. One, two, three seconds later, Baekhyun loosen his arms around Kris as he falls down to the floor. Blood and the pieces of mirrors are everywhere around the smaller. "H-how.. B-Baek-Baekhyun." Kris stutters while looking at the pain boy.

 

A piece of mirror stabs on Baekhyun's right arm and some of it make scratches on his exposed skin - including face. "Ughh.." He groans painful in a really low and weak tone.

 

Kris stays still as he feels so shocked and his mind seems stuck to think for the better action. He gets a few bruises on his hands as well.

 

People start to gather there to see what had just happened. "Gosh! Baekhyun." Everyone seems surprised and not sure what to do with the bloody body in front of them.

 

"Someone call an ambulance!" A guy shouts to the crowds.

 

Baekhyun groans weakly once again, hard to breath when his chest feels heavy. Not know the reason why. He quietly beg for someone to help him when everyone seems just staring rather than helping. Tears slowly rolling out from his closed eyes because of the pain. But then, he feels a hand slides under his body and another hand is placing under his knees. He feels his body weight is getting lighter as he being lift up carefully from the floor in bridal style. Finally, somebody helps me. Thank God! - is what Baekhyun speaks in his mind.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

(2 in the morning)

Baekhyun is on the hospital bed with a big bandage on his right arm and another one around his head. That boy who dressed in patient clothes is still sleeping after being checked and treated by doctor.

 

Chanyeol is there, sitting beside the bed with Baekhyun's hand in his. Even tho it's almost 3 a.m., he seems not feel asleep yet as he is eyeing the sleeping brunet with a warm and concern gaze. Something messes up his mind! Something that the doctor told him... about his best friend.

 

(Flashback in a few hours ago)

"How's his condition, doctor?" Chanyeol stood up quickly when a doctor walked out from the room.

 

"You are--?"

 

"I'm his friend. How about his condition?" Chanyeol snapped the doctor's words and he repeated the same question.

 

"He had been suffering from a disease. Brain cancer, stage 4 and it is even getting worse..." The male doctor explained more but once Chanyeol heard the words 'brain cancer', his mind couldn't catch up the further explaination given by the old male.

 

"B-brain cancer?" Chanyeol stutters as the doctor nodded. He threw his head back and scoffed, truly not able to believe what he heard just now. "A-Are you kidding me? You are, r-right?"

 

This time, the doctor shook his head, "No. I'm not. Stay strong." He gave a light pat on Chanyeol's shoulder before he left the young male there, stood in silent.

 

Brain cancer? His trembling fingers dial for Jongdae to confirm about it, just in case if the boy knew anything about his housemate's disease. He wished it didn't true... but unfortunately, the answer from Jongdae was something that he refused to hear. "Yes, Chanyeol. Baekhyun is suffering from brain cancer since a month ago. I'm sorry for not telling you.. coz I thought he had told you as Kris also knew about it. How is his condition right now?"

 

Baekhyun, why? Why didn't you tell me? Who am I? Just a stranger for you? I am your BEST friend but-- why?

 

Chanyeol who was sitting on a bench outside of 7Eleven looked up to the night sky and sighed loudly, exhaled the fumes into the cold night air. He decided to take a fresh walk to calm his mind.

(End flashback)

 

Chanyeol nvr let go of Baekhyun's hand since past hours. He feels guilty and sorry to see the brunet in this situation. He is shocked when he saw Baekhyun laid on the floor covered by blood before he carried the smaller into his arms and they went to hospital. Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter