Chapter 18

Imperfect 27th November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few days, Baekhyun finally wakeup. His parents are there during that time. "Oh my honey. Finally." Mrs Byun gratefully kisses her son's forehead.

 

Baekhyun who's still confused asks, "w-what happened? Am I in hospital?" He sees a doctor and his assistants are standing beside his bed.

 

"Yes, you're." Mr Byun warmly smiles.

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows when he feels pain on his right hand. "M-my arm...?" He slowly speaks before the doctor snaps, "some nerves in your hand were damaged by a piece of mirror glass. So, we need to do operation. As for now, you can't use the hand." Baekhyun sadly looks on the bandage. "Don't worry. It won't last forever." The male doctor comforts the young latter.

 

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

"You should eat a lot so you'll recover rlly soon." Mrs Byun shoves a spoonful of porridge to her son but the boy refuses a few time.

 

"Mom, you look tired. Are you here with me since my first day?" Baekhyun changes the topic, not bother to talk about food or water... or porridge?

 

Mrs Byun shakes her head slowly as he replies, "No. I'm just here this morning. Chanyeol is the one who was here since the first day." Once again, she shoves a spoonful porridge.

 

And once again Baekhyun refuses. "Chanyeol? Where is he?" He asks about the giant when he is not there.

 

"He went home yesterday after he had a high fever." Mrs Byun can't help but chuckles, "He is so cute tbh. Cried beside you like a little baby, took care of you like a good mommy. He worries his best friend so much~" She continues.

 

Baekhyun just offers a weak smile. Poor Chanyeol - he thinks.

 

 

That night, Mrs Park visits Baekhyun in the hospital. "How're u, Baekhyun? Feeling well?" She nicely greets the boy while putting a basket of fruit on a small table beside the bed.

 

"Better than before, I think." Baekhyun weakly replies as the pretty woman sits beside him.

 

"You should eat a lot of fruit. That's good for your health." She says while peeling an apple.

 

Baekhyun just nods before he speaks again, "How's Chanyeol? His fever--?"

 

"Ah.. don't worry about him. His fever is getting cold down. Plus, Dr. Haru is there to take care of him~" Mrs Park playfully answers. Dr. Haru? And suddenly Baekhyun's mind thinks of that small kid, Haru. Ah~ So, she means THAT Haru.

 

Baekhyun chuckles at her words. "Um.. btw, I'm sorry. Chanyeol's sick bcoz of me." He quietly sighs.

 

"Don't say like that. He sincerely want to take care of you. His best friend." Mrs Park gives a reassuring smile. They keep talking before the visitor need to leave the place in 9 p.m.

 

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

 

A few days later, Baekhyun's condition is getting better except his right arm. He walks around to get fresh air. Doctor Tae is the one who always keep her eyes on the young male. "Morning, Baekhyun! So, how's today? You look better." Dr. Tae greets the boy who is walking slowly in the garden.

 

Baekhyun slightly smiles and nods, "I'm better now, doctor."

 

"Just call me 'noona' is okay. No need to use 'doctor'. Too formal, I think. Have you take your breakfast?" The female doctor asks with her hands in the pockets of her white uniform.

 

"I'm not hungry yet." Baekhyun briefly replies before Dr. Tae furrows her brows.

 

"Aigoo. You should eat especially for breakfast. What if I feed u?" She pouts.

 

Baekhyun awkwardly chuckles, "No, it's okay, doc-- noona. I'll eat my breakfast once I get into my room."

 

Dr. Tae nods, "alright then. Just call me if you need anything. Ok? I wanna continue my work." Baekhyun nods silently as the doctor walks away.

 

 

Baekhyun yawns once he sets himself on the bed. He feels tired... and bored. So, he decides to read a book before somebody knocks the door. Noona? (Dr. Tae) Baekhyun who is sitting on his bed throws his gaze towards the door silently while waiting for the visitor to come in.

 

Then, a tall guy with his dark brown hair in grey hoodie and black jeans walks in. "Annyeong." His deep voice can be heard even with a low tone. He grins when he sees the brunet is awake on the bed. He puts a plastic of food that he brings along on the small table before he goes to Baekhyun. "Wassup~" He pinches the brunet's soft cheek gently.

 

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun raises his head to the younger. "How's your fever? My mom told me about it."

 

Chanyeol merely smiles, "I'm okay now. Thanks to Haru as he forced me to drink more water and he shoves a lot of food into my mouth and some of it fell into my nose. He almost killed me with those overdose medicine. Aigoo.. that kid. However, he took care of me rly well."

 

Baekhyun can't help but chuckles at the story. "Haru is getting clever."

 

Chanyeol nods in agreement, "Yea."

 

Then, a silence conquer the atmosphere in that room. Baekhyun who is sitting on the bed moves his dangling legs playfully back and forth while Chanyeol just watching it silently. The first 20 seconds alr passed and finally, Chanyeol speaks. "Baek." The brunet slightly raises his brows. "Why did you keep it secret from me?" Chanyeol continues but Baekhyun seems confused.

 

"Huh?" He stops moving his legs.

 

Chanyeol sighs as he refuses to look at the smaller. "About... the cancer. Brain cancer, stage 4. Why don't you tell me? Jongdae and Kris knew about this but not me. I'm your best friend but--" Chanyeol bitterly chuckles, still not bother to look at the brunet.

 

Baekhyun's face expression slowly turns sad, "It is not that I don't want to tell you. But, you were with someone else during that time when I was about to tell you this."

 

Chanyeol quirks his brows and finally looks at the small latter, "I don't get what u mean."

 

 

Baekhyun drops his gaze, "You were with Kyungsoo on the field after u'd finished the football practice. You two were hugging and I was there... actually. At first, I went to your house but your mom told me that you were practicing for the match. So, I went to your usual practice place. But then I realized... I came in the wrong time. Kyungsoo was there, hugging you and cried. So, I decided to just keep it secret from you." Chanyeol curses himself in his mind as he feels so bad. "I'm sorry, Chanyeol. I didn't mean to--" Baekhyun's words being snapped.

 

"No, no. Don't say sorry. I'm the one who should say it. Forgive me coz I'm too careless." Chanyeol takes the brunet's hands in his. "What the doctor told you about this disease? You'll be okay, right? Please tell me that everything will be alright." Chanyeol sounds beg as his voice almost crack. He sits on a chair, in front of Baekhyun who is sitting with his legs dangles down. Chanyeol looks up at Baekhyun as the other male can see a small tears start to form in his eyes.

 

"M-meolla. The doctor told me that.. m-my chance to survive... is too small. Less than 50 percent. I need to get operation and therapy. B-but, still the probability to survive is not more than 50." Baekhyun stutters in his own words.

 

"Means? What happen if you not sur--"

 

Baekhyun snaps, "If I'm not survive, it means I die. In short, right now... I'm dying. My brain is so bad as I lost so much memories before, and now I'm suffering from brain cancer. Stage 4. What a shame.." Baekhyun bitterly chuckles as he tries to be strong in front of Chanyeol.
 

But, not Chanyeol as he starts to cry and grips his hands onto the bed sheet at the both sides of Baekhyun . "No! There must be some mistakes. They are just doctors, not a God who can take people's life. You'll be fine soon. Trust me, Baekkie. Trust me." This is the first time since long time Baekhyun didn't see the taller male cries like that.

 

"Chanyeol, uljima. Everyone will die at the end. And maybe, God wanna take me first. Uljima... jaebal." Baekhyun bit his lips as he doesn't know what to do to comfort the younger.

 

Chanyeol speaks between his sob, "They can't take my best friend from me. They c-cant."

 

Now, Baekhyun knows why Chanyeol can get fever and sick. It's probably because he cried so bad recently. His swollen eyes tell that. "My Chanyeollie--" Baekhyun reaches out his left hand and ruffles gently Chanyeol's hair as the younger buries his face into his long sleeves and cries. "Don't cry. You'll fall into sick once again if you keep crying like this." Baekhyun softly speaks. "Listen here. No matter what, at the end, I'll die. So, why not if we just forget about the death and we fill this remaining time with something fun and memorable?" He continues. Chanyeol slowly raises up his face and looks at the cute brunet. Baekhyun offers a reassuring smile and nods.

 

He is so strong - is what Chanyeol thinks about Baekhyun. 

 

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

 

"Aren't you feel cold, Baekhyun?" Dr. Tae asks when she sees the brunet is spending his time at the garden without any thick jacket. Futhermore, the temperature is getting decrease lately.

 

"No. I like this coldness." Baekhyun gives a reassuring smile.

 

Dr. Tae takes a seat beside the boy. "So, how're u feel today?" She softly smiles.

 

"Idk. I still unable to use my right hand." Baekhyun looks down to his hand.

 

"Not yet." She corrects the young boy. "You'll be able to use it soon. Have you take ur breakfast?"

 

Baekhyun nods, "My mom was visited me this morning before she went to work. She brought some breakfast for me. How about noona? Have u eat urs?"

 

Dr. Tae ruffles the brunet's hair, "Not yet. I'm so busy." She pouts cutely.

 

"Then what are u doing here? You should go buy some foods, noona." Baekhyun slightly chuckles.

 

"I'll go after this. I just wanna make sure my handsome patient right here is fine today." Dr. Tae grins as Baekhyun shyly smiles. Dr. Tae admits that that boy beside her is really adorable and cute. No one can resist that fact. Even Kris... and Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

------------ 

 

 

 

 

"Hi! What're you doing?" Baekhyun friendly asks to a boy who is sitting alone at the garden, writing something in his note book. That boy seems in the same age as Baekhyun.

 

"Hi too~ I'm just writing a list." He shoves himself to give some space for his new friend to sit.

 

Then, Baekhyun takes a seat beside the boy. "I'm Baekhyun." Baekhyun starts the introduction first.

 

"Nice name. Call me Minho."

 

They exchange smiles before Baekhyun continues. "What list are you writing on?" Minho who dresses in the patient cloth like Baekhyun's gives a small smile.

 

"I called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter