Chapter 14

Imperfect 27th November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is now sitting alone on a silent road near his house while listening to his earphone, under the night dark sky. That is what he usually does everytime he has a very bad day. That is how he releases his tense. And yes, he is having a really bad day today.

 

(Flashback)

Semester break just began a few day ago. Baekhyun woke up in the early morning when he heard his phone rang continuous and to see a lot of missed calls from... Kris? Is there any important and urgent things that the tall male wanna tell about? But he didn't called back as he got into the bathroom and took a warm shower. He stayed up till late night and almost early morning just to finish his president's stupid works!

 

Am I look that tired? No, right?  He asked and answered it by himself while looking at his reflection in the mirror. He sighed and quickly done his shower time. He got only 3 hours to sleep if it not because of the missed calls made by Kris. 6.30 a.m right now that Baekhyun decided to call the guy back.

 

"Hello?" Baekhyun started first.

 

"Uh, hi, Puppyhyun! I called you but you didn't answered it." Kris sounded cheerful not as usual.

 

"Um.. just in case if you didn't noticed, it was 4 in the morning when you called me a few hours ago. And what normal people usually do around 4 a.m. is sleeping, for your information." Baekhyun replied, being mean to hear the awkward chuckle from the other guy.

 

"Whoops, yea. I'm sorry. What're you doing now?"

 

Baehyun frowned his brows. Is that the only thing Kris wanna talk about? Just to ask what thing Baekhyun is doing? "I've just finished took a bath." Baekhyun hesitantly answered.

 

"No wonder.. I can smell you from here." Kris chuckled as Baekhyun rolled his eyes, annoyed.

 

"Kris, why did you call me for many times?" Finally, Baekhyun dragged them back to the main topic.

 

"Oh-uhm.. I just.. want to take you out today. Can I?"

 

Baekhyun dropped in silence for awhile before replied, "I'm...not sure yet, Kris. Where we wanna go by the way?" This time, there was a silent from the other side.

 

But then, he responded, "I wanna bring you to our old place. Our hometown. Your past."

 

Baekhyun gulped at his thought. He really want to know about his past that his mother never wanna told him. He really want to know the how he can lost his memories and about the car accident. Maybe this is the right chance. Baekhyun thought. "Ok." He briefly replied that made the other male happily smiled.

 

**

 

Baekhyun was preparing the breakfast when Jongdae approached him in the kitchen. "Morning, Baek." The troll guy back-hugged him and caused the little brunet surprised.

 

"Let go off me, you stinky." Baekhyun groaned.

 

"Wow! You woke up so early today." He smirked and washed his hands before he took one of the sandwich.

 

Baekhyun sighed, "I can't sleep tightly last night." He placed the plate of sandwich to the front table while Jongdae helped him brought the glasses of juice.

 

"No wonder you look so 'zombie'~" The troll guy .

 

"Am I?" Baekhyun raised his brows, surprised. Jongdae hysterically laughed as respond. "Ugh., shut up, you stupid playboy!" Baekhyun munched his sandwich before Jongdae accidentally choked his own saliva plus the remaining sandwich in his mouth. "Yea, you deserve that." Baekhyun satisfied while looking at his buddy who was dying in front of him. But then, he handed a glass of water to that guy. "Appreciate my kindness." Baekhyun merely said as Jongdae just rolled his eyes and took the water.

 

"Thanks, Byun. Btw, I'm not that kind of playboy ya know. Geez. I'm a playboy with a loyal type." Jongdae said proudly, took another sandwich. This time, Baekhyun was the one who rolled his eyes.

 

"Jongdae, today I'll going out with Kris. He'll be here in another few hours." Baekhyun informed his housemate.

 

"Alright~ I'm not going anywhere today. Soooo tired." Jongdae stretched his arms as Baekhyun just nodded.

 

Exactly nine in the morning, Kris approached there. "Wassup, Kris." Jongdae greeted the taller as Kris greeted him back. "Wanna come in?"

 

"No, no. It's okay. Where is Baekhyun?" Kris asked and before Jongdae could answer it, Baekhyun appered there. He dressed in a grey loose sweatshirt, a black jeans and a black beanie with his quite-curly brunet hair covered his forehead. Both Kris and Jongdae's jaw slightly dropped as the brunet looked so cute.

 

"Let's go." Baekhyun who didn't noticed the others gaze on him said while picked up his shoes.

 

Kris smiled, "Let's go. Bye, Jongdae."

 

"Jongdae, take care! Don't mess up the house! I've prepared lunch in the refrigerator. Just take out and heat it by yourself." Baekhyun reminded his handsome housemate. Lol.. he sounded like a good wife~

 

Jongdae nodded, "Kris, take care of him." They exchange words and reminders before they separated.

 

Kris drove the car and just like before, there was still an awkward silence during the whole journey. But sometimes, Kris tried to start the conversation before at the end, Baekhyun was the one who stopped it. Half an hour later, they arrived at their hometown, the place that Baekhyun used to be here a long time ago. "This is my house." Kris told the brunet once they out from the car.

 

"What're we doing here ?" Baekhyun frowned, look up to the taller guy.

 

"I wanna introducing you to my family. I bet they missed you a lot." Kris pulled Baekhyun's hand as they walked into that medium-sized house. "Mom, dad! I'm back." Kris called for his parents before a boy came out from his room.

 

"Hyung! Do you buy anything for me? Um.. who's this guy?" That boy called Jang Xie asked when he saw the boy beside his brother.

 

"This is Baekhyun hyung. Baek, this is my younger brother. Jang Xie." Kris introduced the two.

 

Jang Xie widened his eyes in excitement. "What-the-fish!! He is really Baekhyun hyung? The Byun Baekhyun?!!" Kris cursed his brother in his mind for being so dumb in front of their guest.

 

Baekhyun chuckled awkwardly, "Yes, I am. Hi, Jang Gi." He finally spoke something.

 

"What? Jang Gi? I'm Jang Xie. How could you forget my name, hyung. Where have u been? I miss you a lot seriously! Kris hyung tried to find you everywhere but failed." Jang Xie took Baekhyun's hands.

 

"Jang Xie, he lost his memories. He can't remember anything, including you." Kris explained the truth that made the younger raised his brows, surprised.

 

"Jinjja?!! Is that because of the accident?"

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to ask more about the car accident but then, an old man walked into the house and surprised to see the guest.

 

"Is he your new friend? He looks nice." Mr. Fan pointed to Baekhyun.

 

"Dad!! Guess what. He is Baekhyun hyung! He is back!" Jang Xie quickly snapped before Baekhyun could introduce himself. Mr. Fan's face turned cloud and dark as he looked so shock and... fright?

 

"W-what? You're Byun Baekhyun?" In the same time, his wife, Kris's mom came into the house and she heard her husband's voice just now.

 

"B-Byun's son? Kris, where did you found him? H-he should not be here. I..I thought he was died." Mrs. Fan stuttered as he scanned the young boy in front of him. His face, his body texture, everything were different as that boy was skinnier and handsome (looks matured) than before. But his necklace... was same as what she had saw. Baekhyun frowned his brows when he heard the woman's words. Is it how you treat your guest? 

 

"Mom.. don't speak like that. Don't you feel happy to see him back?" Kris slightly whined.

 

"N-no. You shouldn't be here. Y-you should die. Yes, you should die!" Mrs. Fan suddenly shouted and pointed his finger to Baekhyun that made the brunet scared. Mr. Park and Jang Xie tried to comfort their mom/wife by pulled her when she started to attack the pity brunet.

 

"Mom, what's wrong with you?" Kris sadly asked in panic.

 

"I hate him! I thought he alr passed away in that car accident!" Mrs Fan shouted again.

 

Baekhyun stepped backwards with a fear look clearly plastered on his face. "I-I don't want to die. I'm still alive!" Baekhyun didn't mean to rise up his voice. It just because he was to surprise and fright. Unfortunately, Mrs. Park's hand reached a mug on the table near her place. Immediately, she threw it with Baekhyun's head as her target but then Kris hugged the petite boy and turned his back to let the mug crashed on his thick coat. Baekhyun slowly opened his teary eyes to saw himself was in Kris's safe embrace.

 

"Are you okay?" Kris asked as his fingers the brunet's hair.

 

Baekhyun quickly loosened the embrace and ran out from the house. He really want to go far far far away from this place. He didn't want to remember anything about his past. I hate my past! -- was what he thought. What he needed right now was his future. His future! "Chanyeollie..." He squatted down under a tree, near a beautiful flower garden while sobbing.

 

He was so scared to meet Mrs. Park. His head felt dizzy and hurt whenever he tried and forced his mind to remember his old memories. Mrs. Park's harsh words just now keep repeating in his head. You should die! You should die! You should die! You should die! You should die! "Andwae!!!" He covered his ears as tears rolled down his pale cheeks.

 

"Baekhyun." His name being called by someone. "Forgive me. I shouldn't bring you here. I just want to give you back your memories." Kris. He sounded guilty.

 

"Give back my memory? It doesn't work, Kris. It getting even worse." Baekhyun wiped his tears as he didn't want to show his pity face to anyone.

 

"Puppyhyun, I-" Baekhyun snapped, "Stop calling me that. I'm not Puppyhyun. That boy alr died a long time ago." Baekhyun took a deep breath as Kris sighed.

 

"Baek, I'm so sorry. And about my mom, I bet she just not in mood. She actually missed you a lot but idk why she turned to be like that. Forgive her please."

 

Baekhyun groaned, "Yes, she is not in her good mood and she almost killed me just now." He stood up with his eyes closed to calm himself. "What's next? I'm tired. So, send me back home pls." Baekhyun seemed so weak to argue so Kris just obeyed the brunet.

 

While in the car, Baekhyun's phone rang so he answered it. Before he could speak, the guy in the other line started it first, "Hello, this is Luhan. Baekkie!! Where are you?! I called Kyungsoo for many times but failed. You have to come to Jeunggeok Hospital in Busan now. Palli!" Luhan said in hurry and he sounds worried.

 

For the first time in this year, the said guy made a phone call for Baekhyun's number. Baekhyun himself felt surprised about it. "Jeunggeok Hospital? What's wrong, Luhan?" Baekhyun's sense smells something wrong.

 

"Jongin. He is in coma! He tried to commit suicide. Baek, palli please." Luhan sounded begging. Commit suicide? Jongin?!

 

"Gosh! Alright, I'm making way there. Who else with you in the hospital?" Baekhyun asked, as worry as Luhan.

 

Luhan answered, "I'm with Sehun here. Jongdae and others are on their way, except for Kyungsoo, Junmyeon, Lay and Chanyeol.

 

"Nae, i'm on my way." Baekhyun replied before he ended the phone call and asked Kris to bring him there. Luhan was still living in Busan so he got the news first than the other friends as Jongin also lives in Busan.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Sometimes.. life is cruel and we feel betrayed.

 

Baekhyun and Kris arrived at the said hospital in Busan. "Where is Kim Jongin's room?" Baekhyun asked the nurse at the main counter before she answered nicely, "Room number 207, level 3." After thanked her, Baekhyun and Kris quickly searched for the said room. In just a few minutes, they approached there. Room 207. Baekhyun opened the door to see Luhan was sitting beside the bed. "Luhan."

 

The cute guy turned his head when he heard somebody called his name. "Baekhyun. Gosh, thx a lot for coming." He stood from his chair and pulled the brunet's arm.

 

"This is Kris, my buddy in Seoul." Baekhyun introduced the taller guy to Luhan and both of them shook hand. "Where is Sehun?" Sehun was not there.

 

"He went to buy some food as I hven't eat breakfast yet." Baekhyun took a seat beside the bed, opposite to Luhan while Kris just standing beside him. "How long hv he been here?" Jongin still in coma with bandages on his wrist and head. "Since last three days but his parents just informed me today. I tried to call Kyungsoo but failed. Have you try to call him?" Luhan looked sad and worried.

 

Baekhyun sighed and silenced for awhile before he stood up and excused himself. "Wait. I'll try to call Chanyeol." Luhan didn't save Chanyeol's new number phone so he couldn't contact him. Did Kyungsoo changed his number phone as well? Baekhyun was now standing at the corridor. "Hello. Chanyeol?"

 

"Yes, Baekhyunnie. Why do u call me?"

 

"Where are you now?" Baekhyun asked as the younger replied,

 

"I'm.. um.. at home. Do you wanna come here? Kyungsoo is with me as we both are playing video game!" He sounded cheerful. Gotcha! Exactly like what Baekhyun had thought. Kyungsoo was there as he likes to spend his weekend at Chanyeol's house.

 

"Can you both come to Junggeok hospital now? Jongin. He is in coma. Long story, I'll tell you later. Please hurry!" Baekhyun said before he ended the phone call. Chanyeol was speechless as he heard the news. Jongin in coma? Baekhyun walked into the room again.

 

"So how?" Luhan asked.

 

"I've told Chanyeol. Kyungsoo is with him so maybe they'll coming together." Baekhyun answered while sat on the chair again. "Kris, you can leave if you want as you said you have to meet your friend, right?" He looked up at the taller guy.

 

"How about you? If you about to go home, call me and I'll pick you." Kris nicely offered.

 

"No, it's okay. I can go home by myself. Thx a lot, Kris." Baekhyun kindly rejected before he sincerely smiled. Kris had helped him a lot. So, he didn't want to burden him even more. Plus, his mom's house was not really far from the hospital.

 

"He tried to commit suicide?" Baekhyun asked to Luhan once Kris had left the room.

 

Luhan nodded, "Idk why he decided to do that. One of his neighbour said that Jongin cried while cut his wrist. Then, when his mom appeared from the balcony door and saw him, he decided to jump off. Doctor said, he's still alive but he broke his leg and coma."

 

Baekhyun dropped his gaze and bit his lips. Jongin, is that because of Kyungsoo? You decided to do that because Kyungsoo decided to leave you? Jongin-ah... please don't be like this. Baekhyun somehow felt so guilty towards Jongin as he couldn't help anything. He failed to slow-talk with Kyungsoo. He failed to help the two of them. Jongin, please recover as soon as possible. Baekhyun took Jongin's hand in his as if he could transfer the strength from his body to Jongin's. But ofc it was impossible.

 

A few minutes later, their other friends were arrived. Lay, Jongdae and Xiumin but still no Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. "How is his condition?" Xiumin looks worried once he saw Jongin on the bed.

 

"There is still no improvement." Luhan briefly replied. Lay and Jongdae stood silently while looking at the tanned-boy. Kim Jongin is a boy who's so kind and loyal to his friend. He is sometimes so naughty but still, he cares a lot of his beloved person... especially Do Kyungsoo.

 

Sehun walked into the room with a plastic of food and drinking water. "Babe, go eat first." Sehun handed the plastic to Luhan before the older took it and went to somewhere else. "Where is Kyungsoo? He didn't arrived yet?" Sehun asked to the others.

 

"He is on the way with Chanyeol." Jongdae briefly answered. The situation was so gloomy in that room.

 

A half minutes later, the two of them arrived there. Baekhyun, Sehun and lay stood up as Kyungsoo slowly walked into the room to see his Jongin was laying on the bed. "Kyungsoo." The others felt relieved when they saw the small guy.

 

"Kyungsoo, come." Chanyeol gently pulled his hand as they walked closer to Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo covered his mouth, disbelief. In just a few second, his eyes were tear up. "J-jongin...wake up please." He stuttered as he started to cry. "J-Jongin, mi-mianhae. Mianhae, mianhae. Jongin, mian." He repeatedly asks for forgiveness.

 

"Kyungsoo, stay strong." Lay rubbed the doe-eyed boy's back to calm him.

 

"Jonginnn..." But Kyungsoo still cried loudly, hard to accept the reality.

 

"Kyung-" Baekhyun who just opened his mouth to give some encouragement stopped to do so when Chanyeol suddenly pulled the said boy into his embrace.

 

"Kyungsoo, don't cry. Jongin will wake up and recover soon." Chanyeol whispered lowly.

 

Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around the taller as he sobbed, "But when...? When will he--"

 

Chanyeol cut his word. "He will. Keep trusting on him. He is strong and he will wake up soon."

 

Xiumin patted Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Stay strong, Kyungsoo."

 

Jongdae pulled Baekhyun's arm as he gave a suggestion, "Guys, I think we should give some privacy for them." Baekhyun nodded as he followed his housemate went out of the room and being followed by the others.

 

"Kyungsoo, I'll leaving you two." Chanyeol loosen the embrace. "Don't cry. You just need to talk with him and smile. He'll be sad if you're sad. Arasseo?" He wiped the tears on Kyungsoo's cheek as the doe-eyed boy nodded.

 

"Chanyeol, gomawo." Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeol's hand. Baekhyun who was at the outside of the room and was looking at the two through a window turned his gaze away when Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeol's hands and tiptoed.

 

Damn!

 

**

 

"Baek, are u okay?" Jongdae who sat next to Baekhyun asked when the brunet kept silent, not as usual. They were sitting not too far from Jongin's room.

 

Baekhyun nodded as he replied, "I just worry about Kai....and Kyungsoo." <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter