Baekhyun - Hurtful Words

EXO's Oneshot Collection

This is written in first person!

---

I was on my way to my parents' house for a visit.

"Aw shoot..." I mumbled to myself, "I forgot to stop by the bank."

My husband, Baekhyun, was at home resting; even though he insisted on coming with me.

"Just stay home and rest." I told him, "You're worn out as it is."

"But yeobo~" He whined.

"No 'buts', just stay home and rest. This is the only day off you have from your busy schedules. I know you'd like to spend the day with me, and I'd like that very much too. So I'll get home and as fast as I can and spend the rest of the day with you doing nothing." I promised as I tucked him back into bed with a kiss on his temple.

I smiled at the memory. Baekhyun could be too cute sometimes that it hurt.

"Whatever, it's just 10 bucks. I'll just ask mom if she has some money to spare," I mumbled. I finally arrived at my parents' house; the familar structure plastering a smile on my face. I used the spare key I kept on my keychain to unlock the door and was immediately scooped into the comforting and strong embrace of my father. He picked me up off the ground and spun me around, making me giggle.

"Wahh~ My little girl is finally here!" He cooed as he put me back on the ground.

I pat his shoulder with a wide and bright smile. "I'm here, Dad," I said.

"Where's Baekhyun?" he asked.

"I made him stay home since his schedule's been so jam-packed recently. I practically had to tie him down to the bed!" I said, exaggerating the story a little. He nodded knowingly.

"Still, it would've been great to see him and talk," he said with a small smile. "I'm going into the kitchen to finish preparing lunch. Your mom's in the living room watching TV."

I gave him another smile and pat on the shoulder before we parted ways. I bounced into the living room, seeing the familar figure of my mother on the couch watching the daily news. I opened my arms wide when I reached the doorway of the living room, the same bright smile I had on my face when I met my dad at the door.

"Mom! I'm her--"

"SHUT UP WILL YOU?! YOUR VOICE IS ANNOYING AND IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE!" she screamed. My hands dropped limply at my sides immediately and my mouth dropped agape. Did she really just say those hurtful words to me? No, she couldn't have... she wouldn't have, could she? I nervously cleared my throat and asked, "E-excuse m--"

"I said you're giving me a headache, you brat!" she screamed again, just not as loud as before. As she finished her sentence, my dad walked in and had a nervous look on his face.

"Uh, l-lunch is ready..." he nervously stuttered. I turned around and had tears on the brim of my bottom eyelids. My dad embraced me and rubbed my back soothingly, leading me towards the kitchen. But we didn't even take two steps before my mom interfered again; scoffing at the display of affection my dad was showing me.

"Yah, yeobo. What are you doing hugging her? Did you not see the pain she has brought upon me?" she asked. What exactly have I done to her that she would treat me this way? I thought. I wanted to leave so badly, but the warmth of my father's arms kept me in that house. I haven't even been here for 10 minutes and I already want to leave. I sniffled.

"Dad, do you have 10 dollars to spare? It's for Baekhyun's--"

"Sure, wait right here," my dad said cutting me off. But, again, my mom interfered.

"Yah! What are you doing giving her money so easily like that? She has a job doesn't she? She should be able to get 10 dollars out of her bank account without a hesitation. Speaking of Baekhyun, where is that mistake of a son in law?" she spat.

"EXCUSE ME? DO NOT TALK ABOUT BYUN BAEKHYUN IN SUCH A MANNER. He is the best thing that's ever happened to me! The real mistake was coming out here to see you! Are you just bitter about him when you heard that I changed my surname? I should've just invited Dad over so I wouldn't have to converse with the likes of you. You've crossed the line Mom. You've crossed the line!" I shouted and ran out into my car, driving away back to Baekhyun and my shared apartment, just wanting to be in Baekhyun's snuggly embrace. Once I got there I ran inside and my back slid down the closed down with stray tears falling down my face at the memory of my mom calling Baekhyun a "mistake". I looked up and was greeted by a shirtless Baekhyun, with floppy bed hair and tired eyes. But his eyes didn't stay tired for long as he saw the tiny tears falling down my cheeks. He was quickly at my side, thumbing them away and wrapping his arms around me while rubbing his hands against my back comfortingly, much like the way my father does.

"What's the matter Hyeseul? I wasn't expecting you for at least another two hours," he whispered. So I went on to tell him what happened. Baekhyun let out a shaky breath, and pulled away from the hug, only to grip my shoulders at arms length.

"I understand that she upset you a lot Hyeseul, but you didn't have to protect me like that and explode on her. I think if you didn't the situation wouldn't be as bad as it is now," he commented. "I mean, as the saying goes, "What he doesn't know won't hurt him." I made a face and huffed.

"You know I hate that saying, Baekhyun. But of course I had to protect you. What kind of wife would I be if i couldn't protect the one of the people who mean so much to me?" I asked him. He didn't respond. Instead he pressed his lips on mine in a sweet kiss, and we both sighed in content.

"Well, now that you're home, why don't we get started on that lazy day list you promised me?" he asked with a cute smile while picking me up bridal style. I giggled.

"Sounds great." I said while kissing his cheek.

---

Hello lovelies~ Sorry for my long hiatus AGAIN. My writers block is no joke man. : - : Anyways, i know there wasn't that much Baekhyun in here, considering this is a Baek shot, so I apologize if it doesn't suit your Baekhyun needs. I wrote this one to be extra long to apologize for my long hiatus. i also wanted to get some feedback from you guys. I started writing this BTS fic (an actual chaptered one) but idk if i should post it, considering my VERY long absences from this collection alone, and I would hate to be in the middle of drama and not update for three months and leave you guys hanging. So please let me know! (Girl let me know~~~ {ARMYs would understand that lol})

P.S. WHOS READY FOR EXOS EXODUS ALBUM OMG I CANT WAIT T - T

Word Count: 1087

And here's some extras since Baekhyun is my bias lol (and bc i spent an hour and a half on tumblr when i should be finishing my history hw so i might as well add some more right?)

 but then again what is an exo bias what is a bias in general

 

can we just take a moment to appreciate his makeup omg

^when baekhyun combines japanese and korean lol you gotta love that dork

-baekyeolee