Kai - Stiff

EXO's Oneshot Collection

Hey guys! Sorry for my hiatus ;--; If you would like to read my author's note at the bottom... it's there. So I present to you an angst/fluff Kai shot.

Warning: I say "" like... twice? So yeah... other than that enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were sitting on the couch watching reruns of "It's Okay, That's Love". You burst out laughing at the scene of DongMin and SooKwang rubbing agenst each others' butts.

"This is the best dance," Dongmin said and you couldn't help but to continue laughing. Your boyfriend, Kai, was still at dance practice but he should be heading home by now. As you were thinging about his whereabouts, he came through the door, already toeing off his shoes. He seemed a little agitated.

"Hey Jongin~~~ I made glass noodles they're on th-"

"Can you just shut up for a minute?" he asked cutting you off, anger obvious in his voice. He started to rub his temples. "When I get home, you always bombard me with annoying questions." You turned off the TV. The light and airy atmosphere from the drama was definetely not matching the heated atmosphere that Kai created. You could feel your anger rising, but if you let it get the best of you, you knew it would just blow up in your face.

"I just care, that's all," you stated calmly.

"Well you could stop 'caring' for 5 minutes can't you?"

"Jongin, I--"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?!" he roared.

"Yah! If you want me to stop taking care of your sorry , then go!" you yelled back. His eyes widened.

"My... sorry ? ...Is that what you just said?" he asked, slowly.

"You heard me 110% correctly," you shot with annoyance laced in your voice. Then, the air around you became thick, so hard to breathe in and you saw a flash of white from your right side. The air became stiff. You brought your hand up to your now pink, right cheek, Jongin froze with his hand still in the air. Tears were forming in your eyes. Your jaw went slack.

"Jagiya, I..." he trailed off and went to reach out for you, but his hand retreated. It's not like he could've touched you anyways; you moved out of his reach.

"Please, don't be like that," he said in a whisper, his voice faultering.

"Be like what Jongin?! You just slapped me!" you exclaimed, still holding onto your cheek with a couple stray tears rolling down your cheek. Jongin's eyes started to water as well. Hearing you say it out loud made guilt flush all over his body. He always promised he would never hurt you in any way, shape or form. And tonight he broke that promise, all because of his stupid anger. You ran to your shared bedroom and slammed the door, making some of the pictures on the wall shake. You let out the tears that you were holding in from earlier. Kai followed after you. He was right ouside the door. Hearing your muffled cries made his heart break. Knowing he was the cause of your tears made him feel worse. 

After a while, you calmed down. You felt the tear stains on your cheeks, but you felt dizzy and needed some water after all that crying, so it was the least of your worries. You walked over to the door and didn't hear anything. As you were about to turn the door knob, you heard a sob and then a hiccup. You opened the door and there you saw Jongin curled up into a ball; his knees agenst his chest and his arms around his knees. He heard the door open and a blurry you came into vision, and he made a beeline straight over to the kitchen to grab an ice pack for you. He walked up slowly to you and when he saw that you weren't going to run away, hee quickly filled in the amount of empty space. He put his hand on your left cheek and his heart pained when he saw you flinch. He put the ice on your right cheek, which was slightly bruised. You hummed when the cold ice made contact with your heated cheek.

"I-I'm sorry jagiya. It was a rough day at dance practice today and I took it all out on you. I broke my promise to you; to myself that I was to never harm you."

"It's okay Jongin," you said and cupped his face. He put his free hand on top of yours and leaned into your touch. "Just know that if you ever slap me again, you get slapped back. Harder though."

"Well looks like I won't know how hard you'll slap me, because I'll never hurt you again."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry i havent updated for a long while. I've been experiencing really bad writers block and I'm trying to finish this one fantasy shot, but I think i turned it into a drabble which bc i really liked that shot's plot. I wrote this in my fic notebook and I didn't think it was the greatest at the time, but I don't think it's as bad as I remembered it to be. Anyways, I was trying to rack my brain for an OT12 Christmas shot but like I said, I got major writers block. I was listening to BTS on repeat while typing this halp .--. UGH TAEHYUNG kills me (WELL ALL OF BTS DOES BUT STILL SEND HELP)

Here's some extra Jongin for your troubles...

  

He looks so cute eating his oranges omg

 

Word Count: 795