familiar

h a l l o w

 

 

Eunsook watched Minho get up, both the mothers following behind him like he was made of glass. She snorted. That shifter was anything but glass. He had a pretty face, sure, but it was because Eunsook was convinced it was carved out of stone, that he was carved out of stone. And not the stone you found at the top of the summit, but the stone that you find at the bottom of a river bed, worn smooth from trials and tribulation. Minho was beautiful, Minho was strong. She felt blessed to be his sister-in-law.

As Inwoo ran through his “five-point insurgency plan” which Eunsook was convinced he made up on the spot, Eunsook eyed the reason she met Minho out of the corner of her eye. Her brother. He was interesting, maybe the most interesting creature she’d ever met. He had the Wanderer look, which in itself was fascinating because Onew had spent most of his life in Prae but the deep and bold tattoos, so similar to the ones that adorned her waist, were present. He had the same aggression as their father–Hyungsoo– his claws to throat over protective personality that had gotten him killed. He even looked like him. It was amazing. He was a Wanderer. He had simply wandered longer than the rest of them. All of this was amazing. To know that her brother was alive all this time and smart enough to mate with a shifter as amazing and majestic as Minho made Onew a lot smarter than Eunsook would ever give him credit for.

“Eunsook, are you paying attention? You’ll have to code this specifically into your next round of messages.”

“Uh,” she said sheepishly. “No?” She blinked and looked down at what Inwoo had written quickly to placate him. Then she re-read what he wrote and blinked again. “You–you want to do WHAT?”

“Send Sulli back into Blue Crescent territory.”

Eunsook looked at him for a long moment then began laughing. “Why? The crazy downstairs tried to bite me! How is sending her anywhere but to an eternal sleep helping us? I don’t even know why you brought her here!”

A look passed over Inwoo’s face before he looked own at his hands. “I haven’t been quite honest,” he admitted, his voice low. “I’ve come to a sort of agreement with her over the last seven months.”

Eunsook’s brow rose but she said nothing.

“When you guys arrived at Morocco Song, she was already a hostage, had been for weeks. They were keeping her in my suite while I was in Prae and when I returned we had a few days to get …acquainted.”

Eunsook’s brow inched higher.

“Nothing serious! Just… her trying to gnaw my face off whenever I got too close. The little girl was just as bad except her little feet produced little kicks that hurt.”

“You got a point?” Onew growled.

“I just think that–” he stood abruptly. “Hold off on my suggestion. Let me go talk to her and just confirm something, okay?” Before either of them could answer, Inwoo was out the door and headed for the stairs that would lead him to the makeshift holding cells.

“That was weird.”

“He’s weird,” Onew answered as he scratched an ear.

“I think he likes that Sulli woman,” Taeyeon said from the corner. Eunsook looked over and saw her studying a few of the messages with an intensity that scared her. “He’s probably talked her on our side with his sweet words or whatnot. Heard he was quite the seducer back on Morocco Song.”

Onew thumbed behind him. “What guy?” Onew laughed. “A seducer? Sniffing every in the village doesn’t make him a “Prince Charming.”

“Many would disagree.” Taeyeon shrugged. “I mean look at him. Tall, dark, handsome, intelligent. What shifter wouldn’t swoon?”

Both Onew and Jackson’s hands rose.

“Would you swoon?” Jackson asked his voice kind of suspicious to Eunsook, like he might cry or something. “Is that the kind of thing you like?” Jackson sniffed. “All of us can’t be tall…or tell really good jokes…or be super smart.”

Onew stared at him for a full silent minute before guffawing. Jackson’s face balled tighter as he snatched another message from the pile. Taeyeon glanced up at him briefly and started to giggle but composed herself quickly.

“Hey, you mangy mutt. Are you sweet on my sister?”

Eunsook blinked. She glanced at Taeyeon, seeing her cheeks flare red and her eyes widen. “Onew!” she exclaimed. Jackson sputtered, his mouth gaping open and close, which only caused Onew to laugh even harder.

“Are you sure you want to be a part of this family, Jackson?” Eunsook joined in, teasing him. “Don’tcha see how dysfunctional we are?”

Taeyeon balked. “We are not dysfunctional! We are a perfectly good family. Any wolf should be honored to join us. We are…just…” her hands flailed.

“We work,” Onew said, his laughter ending with him sounding as serious as Onew was capable of. “Both sides are ed up but we work.” He stood. “Look, Jack. Tae’s father is a piece of and the reason we are in this war to begin with so if you want to mate with ‘er, you ask me. I’ll skin the flesh from your bones if you try without my permission. Don’t go sniffing up her without it! And remember. Jinki would do much worse.”

“Oh, thanks for scaring him, Onew!” Taeyeon gasped. “And I was going to ask Xiah! So bugger the off!”

Onew turned around with a wide smile and pointed at the Toleran orphan. “See! Told you she liked you back!” He winked at Jackson. “Xiah’s a softy. You’ll do just fine. Good luck.”

Both Jackson and Taeyeon’s mouth dropped open and Eunsook thought she was going to suffocate from laughing so much.

So this was what it was like to constantly have siblings around. She didn’t mind it. She didn’t mind it at all.

---

“You’ve got a month and a half to go, you’re big as a house and you’re still trying to hold damn meetings,” Danye berated as Minho collapsed across Onew’s bed. Well, his bed now. Onew slept in the bed with him at times but since Minho’s mating with Jinki and Onew’s with Caleo, there wasn’t much temptation to toe the lines they crossed when they first laid in the bed together.

“We are at war, Mother. Wars don’t stop on account of babies or swollen ankles or back pain. Or my insatiable craving for sunflower seeds. Why don’t they grow sunflowers up here? I would love just to see one, maybe two of them. The twins would probably love sunflower seeds–“

“Minho, you’re trying to change the subject,” Areum interjected.

“I’m not,” he replied as he tried to kick off his shoes. Areum’s tsked before grabbing one and tugging it off. She repeated the gesture with the other foot until Minho was barefoot. He wiggled his toes with a soft sigh before pushing himself back further in bed. “Jesu, that feels better.”

“Why aren’t you resting more?” Danye said, digging into her point. “Being with child is hard enough as it is, but you’re heavy with twins. Taking care of your body is imperative. What is akwusighi were to occur!”

“Mother, why can’t you understand? If I don’t do my job correctly, there is no telling what kind of future my children will be born into! I am mindful of my body, yes, but I have to be mindful of the reason I was sent up here!”

“Jinki sent you up here to keep you safe!”

“And I am safe! But Prae–“

“Oh, screw Prae. Prae can kiss my ! You keep forgetting you cannot return to Prae!” Danye yelled, her fist balled at her sides. “We are losing this war! That means the Blue Crescents are still after your life! You cannot return to Prae and…” she visibly deflated, “sweetheart you may never get to return. You…you are not their Alpha Beta anymore. You’re just Minho.”

“You’re wrong,” Minho said quietly. “I am the Alpha Beta and I will return. To the clan I love and the man I love.”

“For the love of the Oracles!” Danye ranted, throwing her hands up. “You’re killing me with this war-torn woe is me love story of yours! Nobody cares you’re soooo in love! It has nothing to do with your safety! You’re being stubborn–”

Areum put a hand on Danye’s shoulder to calm her down. “Danye…let me speak with him for a minute, if that’s okay with you?”

“Somebody has to talk sense into him,” she shot off before she her heels and marched towards the door. Before she left she yelled, “And stay in that bed, young man!”

Minho rolled his eyes as the door slammed behind her. He rolled until he was on his side and looking at the divot where the “lake” used to be. Soon as he moved in, he had them plug up the hole that allowed rain water to drip down to his room and had it rerouted to the kitchen. Ilton, the groundskeeper, looked at him like he was insane, but when Minho offered to do it himself, Ilton took one look at his belly and waved him off. He left with a staunch reminder:

“You might be a damn King south of here, but you ain’t my King.”

He agreed! Which is what Minho fought to make others understand but nobody listened!

“She’s worried about you, you know that right?”

Minho grunted. “She’s trying to stuff decades of being missing down my throat. That’s what she is doing.”

“Still, she cares. A lot of shifters don’t have that in their lives.”

“I know she cares but her caring is tunnel focused. My mom doesn’t have anyone else but me. I’m the only family she thinks she has but…” Minho rolled back onto his back. “She has such a huge family now! People that she can depend on and who love her, or will love her–Onew is…prickly–but once she understands that, she’ll back off. I don’t have a choice. I wish I could sit back with my feet up but we have to win this war. Not only because I want to go home but because Prae does not deserve the hell the Blue Crescents will put it through. It doesn’t. You don’t understand. They are ruthless and barbaric.”

“You’re right,” Areum said. “I don’t understand it. I don’t understand war. I don’t understand politics or territories. I understand family. I understand love. I understand compassion. That’s why, against my understanding of what is going on in the lands you love, I opened my doors to you. But don’t be mistaken. I agree with your mother. You do need your rest.”

Minho grumbled.

“Let me change the subject. Since you refused to visit my teachings on birthing, do I need to go through the birthing ritual?”

Minho shook his head back and forth hard. “No!” he said adamantly. “Ilton? The groundskeeper? The one who doesn’t like me all that much? He came in here a few months ago and went into extreme detail about his birthing ritual and…” Minho shuddered. “I think I know enough. It’s going to be painful. There will be blood. I’m going to be cut. Got it.”

Areum smiled. “I’ll be your midwife during labor so at least there will be a familiar face.” She reached over and patted his leg. “I’ve delivered many a births, both male and female shifter. Yet, in all honestly, never twins. This delivery will be difficult and without your mate here for you to tap into your bond, it may prove even more difficult.”

“Onew and I tried the other day, to open the bond and see if anything happens but his connection is with Caleo and mine with Jinki,” Minho confessed softly.

Areum hummed softly. “I’m having this conversation with you because we need to discuss everything. The Wanderers here, save Ilton,” she admitted with a chuckle, “do view you as a sort of royalty to them. The concept of you is new and exciting. They have latched onto you and your babies as if you are the very pride of this clan. They will fight to defend you, to protect you. Honor you. If you need to stay here, you are welcome to for as long as you want. If…” Areum paused. She looked at the door before moving so she could sit on the edge of the bed. She reached out and placed Minho’s hand in hers. “If…if this delivery proves to be…difficult…and–”

“Say it, Areum,” Minho said, squeezing her hand briefly. “If this delivery proves to be difficult and I die…”

Her grip tightened almost to the point of pain. She cleared and looked up at him, tears shining in her eyes. “If you do not survive, I will care for my grandchildren as if they are my own pups. Everyone here will.”

Minho gave her a faint smile and pulled her hand until he could kiss her knuckles. “Thank you,” he said softly.

“No, thank you. Thank you for bringing my son back, for bringing Eunsook her brother back, for making this place more alive than it’s been in centuries. For giving them something to be excited about. For making me a grandmother since Hana is so stubborn,” she chuckled.

“When this war is over there is someone I can introduce her too, if you don’t mind her living in Dinfire.”

“What’s Dinfire?”

“I see you’ve never traveled too far south,” Minho said with a grin.

“Bah! As soon as I saw that ridiculous structure you call a Fortress, I headed east. I know when to get my hind parts out of town!”

---

“Remember!” Jinki yelled from the top of his horse. “These arrows are tipped with silver but unless you are sure of your shot or able to retrieve your arrow, be smart! Most arrows will land in the lake, lost to us! The moment we run out of arrows is the moment we have to use our swords!”

Jinki turned to Yejin. “How long before anyone is bitten before they turn?”

Yejin stood at Jinki’s right, peering out over the Blood Forged Lake. “From their prana I can tell they are low level Vamps so their venom won’t be as deadly as say the ones who attacked the Fortress. No one is turning today unless we let the wound fester. Fatima and I have concocted plenty of antidote, so it is pertinent that your recovery crews get in there and rescue any bitten shifter as soon as possible.”

“Are you going to be okay fighting?” Jonghyun asked. At his side was Hwasa, the new Alpha of Dinfire. They both were dressed in Dinfire military regalia, metal armor tinted blood red. To signify their places in command, they both wore helmets with the Dinfire sigil painted on the side and long single purple feather that jutted from the top and flowed backwards until the tip caressed their back.

“We fight Vampyres every day, we will be fine. Make sure your soldiers use as many distance fighting techniques as possible.”

“The Dinfire battalions will hold steady at the vanguard until the Vampyres cross the lake,” Hwasa informed from her steed. She pointed her sword back towards the tall gleaming redwoods pikes that surrounded the main village of Prae’s most southern clan. “Black Flame will guard the gates of Dinfire.”

“Durkhai will hold the line between the Black Flame and your battalion as well as canvas the border to make sure they are not trying for another line of entry,” Xiah said as he brought his horse up to them.

“What about the mages,” Fatima asked.

“Iseul and Taemin have a spell they are feeding into the ground called lätt. It means light. It is a temporary measure to ward off any dark magery on these lands. She wanted me to warn you that it is very temporary. A day or two at most. She and Taemin will be unable to perform the spell again because it is exhaustive,” Xiah informed.

Jonghyun whistled. “For a surprise attack, sounds like we’ve got every avenue covered.”

Jinki grunted. The key will be finding out how the they keep surprising us!”

“Aye, my friend. Hwasa, I leave the vanguard to you. I’ll take the infantry.” Jonghyun turned his horse to face the Dinfire battalion. “Archers, ready your bows! And wait for my command!”

The Blood Forged Lake was an odd shaped lake insulated from southern lands by a heavy thick and often impenetrable forest. Even if you were able to get through the forest, the lake itself was treacherous, filled with sharp rocks, jagged remains of trees and creatures that didn’t hesitate to feast on you if were unfortunate to be their meal of the day.

Normally the Blood Forged Lake kept them from a lot of battles. Border disputes were normal but the advantage was always in Dinfire’s favor. Until today. Until Yejin let them know that Vampyres ran fast enough to walk on water.

Jinki was aware of the mystics of the world they lived in. He also knew he had not experienced every mystical thing this world had to offer. But for ’s safe–water walkers?

A horn blew–a sign from the scouts that the Vampyres were advancing. Jinki unsheathed Espada. The sound of disrupted water was heard faintly in the distance. Hwasa advanced to the rear of the vanguard, her teeth bared and her growl reverberating through the air. Those in the vanguard matched her, their answering growls growing in crescendo.

“Archers, nock!” Jonghyun yelled from the infantry rear. The sound of 5,000 archers retrieving their first arrow from their quivers rang loud in the air.

From Jinki’s position he could see the red waters of the Blood Forge Lake stir. Vampyres didn’t roar or yell, they hissed and they moaned. The only sounds warning them was the water’s splash as they made their way across thousands of miles it took to cross. Although it was a large lake, the inlet that led to Dinfire was small, only a scant twenty miles across. It was crafted that way for this very situation. An attack over water.

They were now close enough for Jinki to get a fair assessment of the number. It was a small number, a few thousand maybe, which led Jinki to believe this was really supposed to be a sneak attack on their part.

The painful question was if this was a sneak attack, and this was a small number of Vampyres, just how many did they have on their side?

“Close enough,” he heard Jonghyun mutter. “Archers, mark!”

Hwasa raised her hand in the air. “Vanguard, ready! Shields up!” The loud clanging sound of thousands of shields being raised in the air and then slammed into the ground was loud, the pointed ends of the shields digging into the moist soil. To Jinki’s rear he could hear the Black Flames unsheathing their sword, the sound crisp in the air.

“Durkhai!” Xiah yelled, pointing his sword towards his men. “What curves the bolder?”

“Tradition!” the infantry responded. Burgundy and gold armor shined.

“And what is our bloody ing tradition!”

They beat their weapons against their chest one. “Strength devours death!”

Xiah growled and Jinki bared his teeth. Caleo brewed just under the surface, trying to claw his way free.

Let me out.

I will not.

I can help you! Let me out!

I will not endanger Minho! I will not let them know you still exist in this world!

Caleo hissed. What if you’re hurt? You die, I lose Onew. I will not lose Onew!

Then I promise not to die.

I hate you.

I know you do.

Caleo was silent but Jinki could hear his brooding in his head. I don’t want you to get hurt either, Jinki.

Jinki chuckled. I know Caleo. I know.

The Vampyres were close. Close enough Jinki could see their fangs, see the animosity on their face, see their deadly intent.

“Archers, draw!” Jonghyun commanded. “Steady!”

Jinki bared his teeth.

“Loose!”

He watched as Vampyre after Vampyre were taken down as they neared the inlet, their bodies burning as the silver penetrated. It didn’t stop them from advancing. Waves and waves of them.

“Loose!” Jonghyun screamed.

More dropped but more came.

“Fire at will!”

The hiss of five thousand arrows flying through the air sounded like music to Jinki. 

He stared their enemy down and grinned. “Let’s dance.”

---

Minho sat up in bed, his brow covered in sweat. He clutched his belly, then his chest, the links of his bracelet digging into his skin. His heart was beating so hard he thought he would faint.

“What is it?” Onew asked from the edge of the bed. He was staring at a wall. Minho could tell something was wrong because his posture was rigid and his aura screamed in waves of tension.

“I think…I think Jinki is in the middle of a battle.”

“He is,” Onew answered roughly. “Caleo is pissed.”

Minho often forgot that Onew and Caelo could talk to each other as if they were in the same room. It was how he got his messages to Jinki without using something traceable like a letter or a hawk. “His heart is racing. I can feel him reaching out to me. I don’t know how to soothe him. I don’t know how to help him.”

“Help him as you’ve always helped him. Remain calm. Concentrate. See if you can slow his heart down.”

“I tried. The moment I woke up, I tried and it’s not working,” Minho murmured.

“Then do what you humans do,” Onew replied.

Minho frowned. “What’s that?”

“Pray,” Onew said softly.

----

“Fall back! Fall back! Durkhai to me! Dinfire infantry to the gates! Fall back!” Jinki jumped down from Eclipse’s back and slapped her rear with his sword, sending her back to Dinfire. She was too important to lose in a battle like this. He could fight without her.  In front of him, Yejin dispatched a Vampyre that had gotten too close and used his body to knock down another before ramming her silver dagger in his eyes. The body exploded into dust. She whipped around and spotted another one. She reached in her shirt and pulled out an ampoule.

Avonthet!” The resulting flame wiped out at least ten of them and their dying screams were hard on the ears.

“They are fast, my lord! We need something bigger!”

They had been fighting through the night. The battlefield was cloaked in white and orange. Jinki stared down at the burning body of a Vampyre Yejin had dispatched. He knew what to do. “Hwasa!” he yelled over the clash of swords. “Fall back to the water line! Get away from the Durkhai lines!”

The Dinfire Alpha looked confused for a moment until Jinki pointed to the black tar pitched barrels and haystacks Dinfire was using as a barricade. Immediately she turned to her soldiers! “To the lake!” she commanded, her voice carrying through the night air. “Fight your way through! Don’t stop until your clothes are stained red!”

Jinki grabbed Yeijn by the arm. “Tell Iseul and Taemin to drop the lätt spell and form a barrier between Dinfire’s infantry and us. Tell my father “trap play.” He’ll know what I mean.”

Yejin frowned. “Wouldn’t that allow the dark mages–“

“Yes but it will take them time to cross the lake. I need to protect the city just in case this doesn’t work.” He shoved her towards the gates.” Go! Tell them they do not have much time. Seconds!”

He turned from her and came face to face with a Vampyre lunged at him. His fangs sank deep into Jinki’s shoulder and he screamed, more in shock than pain. The Vampyre’s bite was vicious as he tried to tear through the meat of Jinki’s shoulder. ing animal! The pain now was ferocious. He shoved Espada through the Vampyre’s gut which distracted it long enough for Jinki to pick an arrow off the ground and stab it in this neck.

Ashes to ashes, you piece of .

Jinki staggered away in pain but that didn’t stop him from his next command. “Pelas!”

The Eastern divisional lieutenant of the Durkhai infantry’s head popped up to attention.

“Yes, my commander

“Let the tar fly then light the sky!”

Pelas moved to the command swiftly, echoing the command down the line. A propulsion system they’d picked up from their alliance with Lark’s Nest had provided them with a way to fling tar out of the barrels by a chemical reaction Jungsoo and Kibum created. The result was a battlefield now slick with oil and tar.

“Prae! Clear out! Archers, mark! Cover for the retreat!”

Jinki watched as those still engaged in battle with the Vampyres began to move back, the oil making their evacuation harder. Archers made their escape possible by picking off Vampyres who gave chase. The moment the last Prae fighter was behind the haystacks, Pelas fired a single flaming arrow into the pitched tar.

The earth and sky lit up until night was day. The sounds of Vampyre screaming filled the air.

“Archers! Fire at will!”

They let arrows fly into the inferno until the screams quieted down to an eerie silence. Moments later another horn blared. The sound of retreat. The dark mages are retreating.

We won? Jinki thought.

“We won!” rang out over the encampment.

Jinki exhaled, relieved, before he staggered back in an almost dead faint. He didn’t hit the ground though. He looked up at the blond head looking down at him. “Hwasa?”

She grinned at him as she hauled him up in her arms higher. “Your father sent me out here. Couldn’t let my leader be seen sleeping on the job, eh? Not after he pulled that victory out of his !”

Jinki didn’t have the strength to laugh like he wanted. “I think one of those animals ate my shoulder,” he said, a tad bit delirious.

She looked down and grimaced. “Not exactly but you probably need a healer. Heard Vampyre venom makes you loopy.”

“That’s a good word for it.”

---

Minho’s heart slowed down. Onew crawled back into the covers. That night they held each other as Minho fell back to sleep.

---

“I’ve been bitten by a Vampyre before. I don’t remember being this out of it,” Jinki grumbled.

“You were in a coma last time, remember? Jungmo’s poison knocked you right the hell out. You didn’t feel a thing,” Jonghyun answered.

They were in Dinfire’s main infirmary, a large multileveled building that smelled like lavender, rosemary and eucalyptus. Jinki recognized faintly that they were on the top floor, the one used for dignitaries. He sniffed in distaste. He wasn’t a damn dignitary. He was the Supreme Commander of an army. An army that was losing its war.

“How bad is it out there?”

Jonghyun looked contemplative for a moment as he crossed his arms. “Seven hundred bitten, fifteen hundred lost. Durkhai took the heaviest losses.”

“Fifteen hundred,” Jinki sighed. “How is the antidote process going?”

“Out of the four hundred we’ve treated so far, only one turned. Pelas and Oni had to take her out to the back and dispatch of her. Flavia. I believe her name was Flavia.”

Jinki’s head fell back into his pillow. “Why do I feel like we are not going to survive this?” He felt small, smaller than he’d ever felt before. He felt hopeless. Like fate was playing a game with him. That fate was showing him that Yoon would always have power over him. To make him suffer. To make them all suffer.

“You don’t actually feel that way, Jinks, so I’ll forgive you for saying that out loud.”

“Are you sure? This isn’t the war the prophecy handed Han Geng and Heechul. A clan war, yes, but we are fighting animals. Beasts! Wretched creatures from some gods’ awful imagination!”

“You’re right,” Jonghyun said, nodding sagely. A large white bandage was wrapped around his neck and Jinki wanted to know what is was from, how close his best friend had been to death. “This isn’t the war the prophecy handed Han Geng and Heechul. The gods handed them that war because he knew that Prae needed to be united in order for this war to be won. And we are united, Jinki. We are stronger than we’ve ever been before. It’s not strength or will we are lacking. It’s numbers. It’s strategy. Yes, we don’t really understand what we’re up against but you are the greatest leader Prae has ever seen. You are fighting an impossible battle against an impossible foe and Prae is still standing yet. Give yourself credit.”

“You aren’t usually the voice of optimism?”

“No, that would be Yifan but unfortunately he’s in Prae making sure no one burns it down, so you’ll have to do with my pathetic speech” Jonghyun chuckled. “I’m just glad Nichkhun is in Morocco Song. No telling what he would have said.”

“Some drunken tirade and a lot of beating his chest.”

“True.”

“Did we ever make a decision on where we are transporting the Oracles now that they’ve been retrieved?”

“Inside the Fortress seems to be the best place. We could send them…with Kibum.” Jonghyun said the last part low, but Jinki caught it.

“You’re sending your mate away,” Jinki said, his brow raised.

“I should have sent him away a long time ago,” Jonghyun groaned, “but the thought of being away from him drives me crazy! I’m not as strong as you, Jinks. He’s in my blood or in my head. Maybe it’s because he’s with child but…I was being selfish and he let me be selfish because he’s selfish. When he convinced me that he would be needed in the infirmary today and I let him because I wanted him near that’s when I knew. He has to go. He’s in the way.”

“I’m sure he loved hearing that.”

Jonghyun tapped his neck. “This isn’t a battle wound. He threw a candle at me. One that was still lit. Burned like the hell.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah. I just blame it on him being with child. Heard it makes people feisty.”

“I wouldn’t know,” Jinki said, whining. “My mate is a hundred miles. I missed most of the pregnancy horrors.”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing,” Jonghyun chuckled as he stood. “Get some sleep, man. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.”

"As long as it isn't as long as today, I'll survive it."