soul bond

h a l l o w
A|N: This one has a lot of moving parts. Necessary evil to make the "calamity" I've been talking about a THING; of course questions are always always welcome. There will be an more indepth AN at the end! Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
The longest walk Jinki had ever taken in his life was from the festival grounds through the gates of The Fortress, down the long path that led past The Moon Prayer Temple, The Great Hall, the Wall of Divine Light, and The Dongbang Library. The path seemed longer than usual, and maybe it was the slow somber thoughtful steps they had to take, flanked on each side by rows of pages and eunuchs, seeming more like a funeral procession than anything else. Or it could be because it was taking everything in Jinki not to call this foolishness off, throw his mate over his shoulder and run, no, sprint back to the Magnus Pavilion. 

But he wouldn’t do that. This was a special night, maybe the most important night he and Minho would spend together. 

Officially, and finally, as mates.

Jinki remembered everything from the ceremony, burned it to his memory, so he would never forget. He often complained about the luxury and pomp and circumstance that came with their roles but the revelry, the highlight on just how momentous this was, was something that Jinki would never take for granted. 

After they’d been led to the festival grounds, they were situated at a raised dais, layers of golden silk and the red petals of Cordia’s Blood Flower covering it. A table sat center with two small ornate pillows on either side of it.  On the table were two small covered bowls and two chalices. Five other settings for five other couples were set the same. 

The ceremony began as soon as they took their seats and true to Joonmyun’s word, it didn’t take long. The Eunuchs prayed over the unions, the shards of glass from their vials were thrown into the fire and a small gift was presented from each village. The bowls were uncovered and revealed to be a thick broth with succulent chunks of hare–a gift from their bounty today. 
Jinki glanced at the chalice and his mind wandered back a few days to a very important conversation between Minho and Victoria. 

Minho cleared his throat. “It…it does make you more lusty I guess but they really only used it for arranged matings. An aphrodisiac of sorts to create a romantic atmosphere that would otherwise be unlikely.”

Victoria leaned over, her eyes wide with stark interest. “Is that what you and Jinki are going to use?” 


Although they didn’t use the same ingredients as Wheph, this was still an arranged mating and Jinki was more than positive a particularly strong aphrodisiac was in the wine. He, of course, never planned on touching it but he watched Minho with careful eyes as the ceremony approached the moment where they and only they would be asked to drink from them. 

Jinki reached for his chalice and simply moved it from one side of the table to the other, indicating he was ready for it to be taken away.

Minho the rim of the chalice delicately, his eyes locked on Jinki’s, unwaveringly. With a small smirk, Minho tipped the chalice over, the red wine spilling over the table’s surface. A eunuch came over to fuss over the spilled wine and raised his hand to have the chalice filled again when Minho said, quietly, calmly, but with so much conviction behind his voice that the Eunuch stopped in his tracks.


“I do not need it.”

From that point on, the only thing Jinki wanted to do was hurry up and get the ceremony over with. He wanted to be alone with Minho just so he could show him just how much that simple action had meant to him.

The anticipation that buzzed under his skin intensified as they walked through the corridor that would lead to the Magnus Pavilion. The doors opened back up to the night sky. The moon was so incredibly bright, blanketing everything in a glorious white light, making everything seem ethereal.

The night the prophecy yearned for. 

He glanced at Minho who seemed to be twice as calm and collected as he was. Jinki wished he could summon Minho’s nerve, because he felt like he was moments from making a fool of himself, by tripping or saying something stupid like “hurry the hell up!” as the eunuch took his time lighting the torches along the Magnus Pavilion wall, marking their path from the bridge to the grotto behind their suite. 

Jinki began to growl as the High Eunuch stopped midway past the upper pond to dip his head in prayer, a part of the ceremony Jinki wasn’t sure existed. He was sure, however, that the High Eunuch was doing this on purpose to pay him back for how Jinki treated him at the Dongbang Library. Well he had another thing coming if he thought Jinki was going to allow him to treat them like this–

He paused when he felt a warm hand slide around his wrist. His growl quieted as Jinki looked up and was greeted with Minho’s small nervous smile. The hand wrapped around his wrist was shaking. 

“Are you, okay?” Minho mouthed. His smile was small, more concerned than anything else and Jinki understood. 

Minho was nervous. Jinki could feel it. He could feel it. Now the only thing he wanted to do was wrap himself around his mate and soothe whatever had him shaking. And he was going to do just that. 

He reversed their hands, instead grabbing onto Minho’s wrist. He surged ahead, rushing past the pages and eunuchs, their gasps and small cries of surprise as Jinki pulled Minho down the path towards the grotto all but ignored. When he whipped past the High Eunuch, he bumped him hard with his shoulder. The Eunuch too caught up in his spontaneous prayer, didn’t realize what happened until he splashed, head first, into the lake. 

Jinki would pause to laugh but he had more important things to do.

They curved down the narrow path that descended lower into the ground as they approached the rocky cliff of the grotto. As they rounded into the grotto opening, Jinki pulled up short. He heard Minho gasp behind him.

The grotto was breathtaking. 

Each couple involved with the Blood Moon Mating had chosen a specific place to mate. Jinki only knew of one other location–Jonghyun and Kibum had chosen a place deep inside of the woods just outside of Prae. And although he knew each site would be beautifully set up, he couldn’t imagine one as beautiful as they one he had chosen for himself and Minho.

Hundreds of candles, aromatic and rich, were set on the juts of stone, the light from them glittering off the surface of the water as it streamed down the rock face and into the lower pond at the bottom.  Water lanterns floated along the surface of the pond while candles set on the top of lily flowers weaved in between them as gentle waves from the waterfall spread out over the water. Combined with the stars above them and the moonlight casting down onto them, putting everything in soft focus, it seemed like something out of a fairy tale. 
Jinki slid his hands down to Minho’s, weaving their fingers together as they slowly finished their descent down the path, their journey taking them to the edge of the waterfall. 

The sound of a throat clearing caught his attention and Jinki looked behind them. The High Eunuch stood at the top of the grotto, anger barely concealed as he sluiced water off of his face. 

“I know you are eager, my Lord,” he canted piously from his position, “but there is a thing called tradition! We must pray over you and the site of your union! Your behavior is–“

Jinki interrupted him. “You’ve prayed day and all night for the last two days! What good is more prayer going to do?”

“My Lord!–“

Jinki growled as he whipped around. “If you must pray, pray from there, way over there. Stay out there all night if it pleases you. I, on the other hand, have a very important night to spend with the man I love.”

The High Eunuch’s face scrunched. “Love?” He turned to another eunuch. “Did you not say he refused to take the aphrodisiac?” The eunuch nodded fervently. 

“Yes, Eunuch. Love. The only thing I’m sure a lot of you were hoping never happened, but it did. My bond to this man is as tight as a corded rope and as strong as the moon’s power on the tide. We don’t need your prayers, Eunuch. We will be happy and I dare anyone of you to try and stop us,“ Jinki finished, his voice deep with meaning. 

Jinki turned back towards the waterfall and took a step just behind it, leading them deeper into a small cave right behind the falling water. 

“Do you think it’s wise to antagonize the eunuchs on a night such as this?” Minho asked as his hand flew to a wall, using it as a guide in the darkness. They both paused to remove their shoes before continuing deeper. ‘Most of them mean well.”

“I know that and yes, I know it’s not wise,” Jinki said, trying to keep the annoyance out of his voice, “but I don’t trust him anywhere near you or I during this. Rather, I don’t trust The High Eunuch at all. I still haven’t cleared him of the hostage situation. Every time I look at my sister I get angry. But…that’s not…not now.  Here,” he reached out and gently slid a hands over Minho’s face. “Close your eyes.” He didn’t move away until he felt Minho’s eyelashes flutter again his palm, indicating he was doing as Jinki requested. “Keep ‘em closed,” Jinki finished, smiling, his anticipation growing.

The only small contribution Jinki had to this setup was his knowledge of the cave’s inner-dwellings. Although he’d given Yerim a general idea of how he wanted it, most of it had been all her work. Still, he had his own magic to add to the night. 

He approached where the fire pit would be and removed a small box from his pocket. He peeled it open and looked down at the orange and pink colored crystals.

“It’s source mage fire,” Taemin said as he handed him the small box filled with a refined crystal like substance. Sprinkle it over the wood and whisper “ava theohe”. The words usually react only to those with mage in their blood but I think I’ve worked the spell to respond to you. Might work, might not…it’s very hard to do without Taeyeon….”

He looked down at the fire pit. It’s going to work,” Jinki thought.

Jinki sprinkled the crystals, watching as the crystals were absorbed into the wood. He cleared his throat.  “Ava theohe”, he whispered, confidently, sitting back and waiting for the embers to catch fire. They didn’t. “Okay.” He frowned. 

He took a step closer and tried the words again. “Ava theohe.” Nothing. Still confident, he rubbed his hands together, holding them out like he’d seen Taeyeon do from time to time.  He tried once more, bending low until he was right over the wood. “Ava theohe!” Darkness, not even a flare of an ember. “Stupid ing spell! Work!” he whispered furiously, glaring at the wood.

“Uh, what are you doing?”

Jinki balled his fist at his sides. “I thought it would be too much work to try and light a traditional fire so Taemin worked up a source fire spell for me,” Jinki explained. “But it’s not working,” he finished, pouting.

“Well,” Minho said from behind him, and at this point, it didn’t matter if he still had his eyes closed or not. “What were you supposed to do?” Minho tried, helpfully.

Jinki huffed. “Sprinkle the crystals and say “Ava theohe.”

Ava theohe?”

Jinki jumped back with a loud yelp as the fire pit erupted, the flames almost the ceiling. “Jesu!” he stumbled back as the fire in the pit roared violently for few moments before settling down into any normal fire. He turned towards Minho, who was staring at the fire with a mild look of surprise.

“How did you do that?” 

Minho tilted his head and shrugged. “I followed directions?”

“Okay, but–“ he sputtered but Minho took a step forward, a look of amazement in his eyes and it shut him up.

“Jinki…” he said as he looked around inside of the cave, “this is…”

Jinki turned around and finally noticed the layout. His brow raised in appreciation. Yerim had done well, very well.  A hand flew to the back of his neck. 

“Caleo…he told me quite a bit about you. Not the important things, like the things I’ll learn the longer I know you, but things he said you wouldn’t come out and say without a little prodding.” He walked across the room and grabbed the stalk of one of the dozens of sunflowers between two of his fingers. “How it was traditional for those in your family to mate in the presence of sunflowers. I also have,” Jinki turned around, excited and anxious, to look for the booklet Caleo had slipped into his saddled bag before they left Whelp. He found it on top of a chest that contained extra blankets and furs. 

“These is a book of vows from your mother…Danye?” Jinki said holding up the book. He stepped across the room and laced his fingers with Minho’s before pulling him to the center of the room. “Caleo said the vows were also a mating tradition.” 

These words have resulted in very long lasting and powerful bonds. There is power in them. Magic,” Caleo had whispered. 

He flipped through a few pages until he found the one he was looking for.

I am east and you are west.
I am the sun and you are the moon. 
I am blood and you are breath.
We exist together and are inseparable. 

Jinki smiled as he finished the vow and looked up. Then his mouth dropped open. “Are you…are you crying,” he asked, panicked. 

Minho let go on Jinki’s hand and collapsed onto the blanket and furs they were standing on. “This is exactly how I saw my mating happening. I mean, that’s a lie, I never thought I’d be able to mate because of … you know but this is the sweetest thing you’ve ever done and I’ve just been an emotional wreck all night. Ever since the ceremony and the soup and I don’t know why! I’ve been trying to stop it but I can’t. I was angry at first because it took forever for them to wash the mint oil out and then the shifter doing my hair couldn’t get it right and my outfit didn’t look right. I wanted to look perfect for you and be strong so you didn’t have to worry about anything but–“

Jinki dropped to his knees and gathered Minho’s arms in his. “Is that why you were shaking earlier.”

“Yes! What if I don’t do this right? What if, even after all of this, after all you’ve done to make this beautiful, all you’ve given up,  even after everything we’ve been through, I’m not enou–“

“Minho,” Jinki said, silencing him.” You are perfect for me. Everything about you is perfect. You may not be perfect but neither am I. It is those imperfections that make us who we are. You speak of ‘everything’ but have you really thought about what that means?” Jinki explained, trailing his hand down Minho’s arm, using it to bring him closer. “That despite everything about you, and everything about me, that the Gods decided that we still belonged together? We belong together, Minho. There is no other answer," Jinki finished softly swiping under Minho’s eyes, wiping the tears away. “Now…I need your answer to my vow…”

Minho grabbed the back of Jinki’s head until their foreheads touched. 

I am life and you are the heavens.
I am adventure and you are home.
I am a sunflower, you are the earth.
I grow from you and I will always return to you.

Minho finished his vows and looked Jinki deeply into his eyes. “You are my Alpha, Jinki. My leader, my heart. I recognize the power in you and I show my deference. I belong to you,” he whispered.

Jinki felt a spark of pure affection bigger and grander than he’d ever felt in his life. “You are my equal, in every way. I will always protect that, and you, Minho. Always.”

Jinki saw something shining in Minho’s eyes and it reminded him of a look he hadn’t seen in a very long time–the way his mother, Iseul, looked at Xiah that fateful day in the woods. He didn’t know if it was akin to the love that Iseul had for Xiah but it was so very familiar and he knew it meant something…something.

He placed his hand over Minho’s, the ones delicately cuffing the back of his neck, bringing him closer. Minho read his actions and tilted his head just a bit, the two of them meeting in the middle as their lips touched softly. The reaction was dual and instant, Minho’s lips falling open and Jinki’s tongue delving deeper, their tongues meeting, dancing.

Minho moaned softly into Jinki’s mouth, trying to press closer but Jinki stopped him with a gentle hand to his chest. He didn’t say anything, anything to betray how badly he wanted to rip Minho’s clothes off and have him already but that’s what his head was screaming. His heart was screaming for him to take his time, make this one night last forever. Man, I’m a sap. 

He sat back and slowly reached above Minho, patiently, quietly, removing Minho’s headdress–a simple headdress of rubies, flowers and gold. It had taken a lot of talk for them to not force him and Minho into the heavy bear hides. This version of The Sacraments was better. He placed the headdress to the side and watched as Minho quickly fell in line. He reached up and softly detangled the braid that Jinki’s headdress was wefted into. He continued down to the very tips of Jinki’s hair, freeing his long tresses.

“Have I ever told you how much I love your hair?” Minho said, fondly.

Jinki chuckled. “It’s a nuisance,” he raised his hand and carded his fingers through it.  “I was thinking about cutting it.”

Minho gasped and slapped his hand away. “Don’t play like that.” Minho paused for a moment, before reaching for the thick collar wrapped around Jinki’s neck. “I wish that we could have children. I wish I didn’t have to hide that part of me away.” He untied the knot holding it together, before dropping it to the side. “I want to give you a son. Or maybe a daughter. Maybe both. They would have your hair and my eyes and your smile…” Minho whispered wistfully, sadly. He reached down and grabbed the hem of Jinki’s thin shirt, pulling it up off his body.

Jinki tapped him up under his chin. “We can still have children, you know. Durkhai has a very large orphanage. We can have a kid of our own.” Jinki said it with a lop-sided grin as he watch the sadness color Minho’s eyes. Minho was right. He was a lot more emotional today. Maybe it was the occasion. He was thankful for it, thought. If it made Minho brave enough to speak candidly about their future, he would welcome it every day of their lives. 

He smoothed his hands under Minho’s vest, pushed it over his shoulders and down his back. He slipped the leather shirt over his head before taking a long moment to drink in the sight of Minho’s physique. It was rare that an Omega was as physically fit and healthy as Minho was. There were exceptions but most were thin, some frail, some prone to weakness, but even the healthiest of them were never as hard and sinewy as Minho. Minho was a rare and magnificent specimen and it was no wonder there was never a second thought about his Alpha makeup. He was every bit of one in appearance! 

“Minho…you are beautiful.” 

Minho bit his lip and ducked his head and Jinki couldn’t have been more in love with him. And Jinki couldn’t take another moment, another word. He closed the space between the two of them, sealing his lips to Minho’s, trying to communicate so many things with his kiss. He’d tasted Minho before–that one time in the vault deep inside of the Dongbang Library, again in Minho’s suite, and lastly in Minho’s home.

But there was something in the way Minho tasted tonight. Maybe it was the knowledge that Minho was finally his or maybe it was something unexplainable but he was delectable, sinful, the sweetest sin. 

The sweet kisses turned sultry and Minho took matters into his own hands, shifting forward and straddling Jinki’s legs, his knees pressing into Jinki’s thighs.

“I’ve never been heat-crazy but then again I’ve never wanted to experience that, that blank desire for any Alpha. But,” Minho said as his nibbled on Jinki’s bottom lip. “I feel like I’m going to burst out of my skin just from my sheer want of you. Just you. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach, in the tips of my fingers, under my skin.” 

“I’ll take you being crazy over me,” Jinki answered back. “But can you handle what’s going to happen when I express how crazy I am over you?”

Jinki ran his hands up the back of Minho’s thighs, ever appreciative of his mate’s choice of pants, his hands gliding over the tight fabric. His hands didn’t stop until they smoothed up and over Minho’s firm . Minho smiled against his lips before tilting his head and kissing Jinki again, deeply this time, so impossibly deep. 

Minho wound his arms around Jinki’s neck during the kiss, before seating himself comfortably in Jinki’s lap. With Jinki’s hands still on his , Minho rolled his hips down and Jinki broke off the kiss with a gasp. Minho did it again, and Jinki growled, feeling Minho’s , hot and heavy, against his stomach. Jinki affixed his mouth to anywhere he could reach on Minho, finally deciding that his long graceful neck deserved the most attention. Jinki lapped at his pulse in time with each downward roll of Minho’s hips, feeling himself grow so hard under Minho’s ministrations that the rush of blood to his left him almost faint. 

Jinki wanted to feel every inch of Minho but he settled for what he could get to the quickest, dipping his fingers inside of Minho’s pants, slowly tugging them down. Minho lifted his hips up obediently, leaning back on his arms so Jinki could slip them down his legs.  Jinki paused for a moment just, again, take in the sight of his mate. His mate. His, his, his. He repeated that thought in his mind as he pulled on Minho’s arms, bringing him flush against his body, his hands trailing delicate patterns across his back and wide shoulders.

Minho stared back at him, a small smile on his lips and Jinki wondered what he was thinking about.

“What has you smiling?” he asked, nibbling along Minho’s Adam apples.

Minho answered by cuffing Jinki’s face and kissing him once again, softly, sweetly and Minho’s eagerness was definitely a thing Jinki could get addicted to. “I’m smiling,” he said once he pulled away, his hands still in place, “because I never thought I could be this happy. I never really thought that I could be this happy with someone.”

“We’ve come so far, haven’t we?”

“To the ends of the universe and back,” Minho said, softly, his voice raw with emotion. “Jinki, please make me yours. Claim me…” he uttered hotly against Jinki’s lips and the deep, gravely tone his voice took sent shivers down Jinki’s spine. The words, however, made so Jinki impossibly hard. He gripped Minho’s and brought their hips closer, hissing when Minho’s slid against his.

“Is that what you want?” he breathed into Minho’s ear. “Is that what you want from me? This is it, Minho. There is no turning back from this.”

Minho brought his face even with Jinki’s and Jinki was surprised at how dark and full of desire they were. “I want you so deep inside of me that it will be impossible to tell where you end and I begin.”

That was all he needed to hear. Jinki immediately began pawing at his own pants, trying to find the twine that held them around his waist. Minho knocked his hands away, reaching between them, finding the cord and almost ripping it apart. His mate slid his hands under the waist band and Jinki eagerly lifted his own hips so that he could get them down. He made to stand so he could kick them off, but Minho was eager, almost to the point of demanding, and before Jinki could move, Minho long fingers were wrapping around his hard length. 

Jinki hissed, his head falling back as worked him into a mess, sending warm pleasure to the pit of his belly. Without being able to think though the haze of want, Jinki’s hands feathered around Minho’s hips to his , his fingers sliding between his cheeks. He paused, his breath caught in his throat.

“Minho…you’re…you’re wet.”

The motion of Minho’s hands hesitated for a moment, before he kept at it, handling Jinki in long , pausing at the head to swipe his finger under the ridge and over the slit. He chuckled, the sound heavy with lust. “Huh. I must be heat-crazy, then…”

“Is…is this okay? Are you okay?”

“You’re talking too much.” Minho pressed his lips against, Jinki’s, effectively shutting him up. “ me.” In one deft move that Jinki would be thinking about until the day he died, Minho lifted his hips, lined Jinki up with is slippery entrance, and sat down on his . Minho cried out but Jinki howled, so loudly he was sure everyone in the Magnus Pavilion could hear him. 

Every Alpha or Beta Jinki had ever ed always needed a moment to adjust, every Omega had been so out of their minds that he wasn’t sure they even felt anything other than some internal need to be filled. Minho was different–the tight vise of wet heat caused Jinki to need a moment to gather himself. He didn’t know if was the feeling of being inside of Minho for the first time or that Minho’s body was so well made for him, but Jinki felt like has going explode and spill inside of him. He couldn’t do that, not yet, so he concentrated, gritting his teeth as Minho came up onto his knees and dropped his hips again, swallowing Jinki inside of him. 

Jesu, , Minho,” Jinki said between clenched teeth as he leaned back onto his elbows. Minho set a pace, riding Jinki hard, like he was possessed. Jinki gripped his hips and tried to keep up, but Minho was on some kind of mission and maybe it was symbolic, that this was Minho was showing him something. That although he was the Alpha and Minho was the Omega, that Minho could be as dominant as him, the one who took control, the one who led.

Which was sweet and mostly true but Minho asked him, pleaded with him to claim him, to  him. He could try to prove something to Jinki later. Jinki had a job to do. 

He placed a hand on Minho’s chest, taking a small moment to enjoy how well defined it was before pushing Minho backwards. The shifter was so focused on riding Jinki that the movement caught him off guard and he hit the fur and blanket covered ground with a surprised grunt. Jinki didn’t give a moment to recover, kicking off his pants and using his body to cover Minho like a second skin. He pressed his thighs into his chest, his knees into his shoulders. He drove into him in one powerful moment and Minho gasped so hard, Jinki thought he would choke. 

Choke. 

Choke.

Jinki hands wrapped around Minho’s throat, squeezing firmly as he tried to the air out of his lungs. Minho’s eyes screwed shut as his hands moved to his throat, covering Jinki’s and for a moment, Jinki thought Minho was going to tell him to stop and he would. He never wanted to hurt Minho…

But Minho’s hands ghosted over his, up his arms, and down his shoulders, using his back as an anchor to ride out Jinki’s powerful s. His breaths were coming out in shallow gasps now but the look of unadulterated passion on Minho’s face was something Jinki tried to etch in his mind. 

Minho had long legs that Jinki wanted to throw over his shoulder but he doesn’t, he instead presses closer until their faces are a whisper apart. 

“Tell me who you belong to, Minho,” Jinki growled, demanding. 

Minho’s mouth fell open but nothing but incoherent babble fell from between his lips. 

Jinki picked up the pace, ing into Minho with abandon. “Tell me,” he growled. 

“You’re so deep, I can’t–I can’t–” Minho sobbed, his grip on Jinki’s back slipping, his nails digging into his skin. Minho raked his hands down Jinki’s back, deep, but the pain was spiked with pleasure, so Jinki hummed in approval. 

Jinki placed his hands under Minho’s back and lifted him up, only to maneuver him on to his knees. With a firm grip, he grabbed the back of Minho’s neck, forcing his upper body down, a natural arch forming as his did. Minho’s was presented to Jinki, so pretty, smeared with his natural slick. 

Minho’s soft whine recaptured his attention.

“What–what are you doing? Why aren’t you ing me you said that you were going to fu–“

Jinki raised on his knees and reentered Minho with one stiff , loving the way the action silenced his mate. He once and Minho was keening and shaking, his body convulsing and Jinki choked, Minho’s body tightening around him as the took him by surprise. 

Panting, eventually Minho looks over his shoulder, his eyes blown wide with lust, the brown tinted with flecks of gold. “Keep–keep going.”

Jinki nodded and snapped his hips before pulling back, a precursor as he set a pace, fast and rough, his fingers digging into Minho’s hips. Midthrust Jinki could feel that all familiar tingle in his groin that let him know his knot was about to form. He picked up the pace inside of Minho, ing him all he’s worth. Minho was mewling loudly, muffled by the furs cushioning his face. 

Jinki removed a hand from Minho and placed it under his stomach, moving him from the ground and flush against his back, his never stopping. The new position transforms Minho’s moans into gasping breaths. He reached behind him, sinking his hands into Jinki’s hair. Jinki appreciated the gesture but his focus is on a patch of skin on Minho’s back, just under his nape. 

“I am the east and you are the west,” Jinki said as he moved his hand down Minho’s torso to his , him in time with his . He felt his fangs elongate, poking past his lip. “I am the sun and you are the moon.” 

Minho sobbed, his body taut as Jinki felt Minho’s body approaching another . 

“I am blood and you are breath.”

Minho’s body snapped as the took over his body, his mouth parted in a soundless scream. 

“We exist together and are inseparable.” Jinki felt his knot bloom and he snapped his hips once, roaring into his own . Swiftly he bit down onto the back of Minho’s neck, his fangs sinking deep into the skin. Minho’s answering moan was loud and guttural.

Then Jinki felt it. He felt the bond. It was sweet, it was intense, it was powerful. 

Jinki collapsed to the furs, his body depleted taking Minho with him. Sleep seemed irrepressible, as if he was devoid of energy, as if someone had yanked his soul out of his body, rearranged it, composed a different song before shoving it back into him. The feeling was indescribable. 

This is what a bond feels like? 

His eyes fluttered as he tried to fight the darkness taking him over. He kept his eyes on his mate, the faint whispers of his thoughts teasing around in his mind, him being too weak to actual capture them. But he didn’t care. He didn’t care. He just wanted to continue feeling like this for the rest of his life. 

His eyes fluttered again. He reached for his bond-mate, wrapping an arm around him, softly at the wound on his back. Sleep, his mind said. Sleep.

Before his eyes closed, Jinki whispered– “ama’il etandula ama’il etudala”.

“I am yours. You are mine.”