Eigth Dances

One Love

Happy new year!

So guys here is the next chapter. :)

Enjoy. ;)


Eight Dances

 

"How very ironic. Such a sunny day when I finally reached my millionth soul."-the hooded figure turned around surveying the park his work brought him to. -"So let's see. Who are you?"

Name: Jang Dongwoo

Age: 22

Time of death: five months from now

Was all his trusted black book told him. His yellow eyes looked around from under the black hood again.

"Ah, found you."

There not even hundred meters from him was a young man, dancing with his friends. The reaper took a moment to appreciate the boy's obvious talent. He sighed and moved closer intending to get a better look at the dancer's features.

"Wow. He's pretty."-he shook his head wishing to remove the strange thought. Yet he didn't move away.

 "Hey. So what do you think? Were we good?"-a cheerful voice asked pulling him from his musings. He couldn't wait for those five months to pass, as it meant he would be able to be his old self again. That he would be able to dance again. Looking around startled he was shocked to find his assigned soul,Jang Dongwoo, in front of him, watching him with curious eyes."Wait a sec....."

"Do you mean me?"- the reaper questioned, pointing a finger at himself.The other smiled brightly at him then, nodding , his eyes sparkling in the setting sun's light.

"You watched us dance before, right?"

He nodded, feeling completely dumbfounded. "How in the world can he see me? It isn't time for his death yet!!! Humans can't see grim reapers like me!"

"Uhm.... you were good. You are quiet talented."- he couldn't stop his amused smirk, when the boy blushed at his observations. Dongwoo smiled at him then, softly; resignedly, as he turned to watch the setting sun.

"So when am I dying, Grimreaper-shii?"-he asked the same bubbly way he had inquired about his and his friend's dancing skills. The hooded figure stared at him in pure shock, frozen for the first time in the centuries he had spent as a reaper.

"How do you... What the... Just....?"- he stuttered. The other turned his exotic eyes to him. Still smiling like he had no care in this world.

"I saw a reaper once before. I remember the strange yet fascinating yellow of his eyes. Gold like even. Yours are the same. And as only I could see you, it was easy to conclude that you're here for my soul.So when?"

The reaper didn't respond, still trying to sort out all the human young man had just told him. Once that was done he shook his head looking the human straight into the eyes.

"I can't tell you that. It is against the rules."

Dongwoo pouted and whined at that, eyes still twinkling.

"Really???? But I wanted to know. So I could say goodbye to the others."

The reaper shook his hooded head one more time. The younger's shoulders fell at that.

"So then, what's your name? That you can tell me, right?"- he asked cutely."What are you thinking, are stupid now???!!!! Souls aren't pretty and they don't act cute!!!"

"Hoya."

"Come watch me at the competition tomorrow, Hoya-shii. Okay?"- Dongwoo said shocking the reaper again.-"It looked like you like dancing."

With that Hoya's millionth soul walked away.

"Just what happened? This human sure is strange."-Hoya thought, yet unknowingly he actually smiled for the first time since he awoke as what he was right now.

"I came. I seriously went to that damn competition. Why???"- was Hoya's first thought as he leaned against the wall furthest from the stage. He watched the different groups with his usual boredom and disinterest, till Dongwoo and his friends stepped onto the stage as the last candidates. He stared awestruck as the strange little human moved with the music. It seemed like he wasn't even aware of anything else. "He's more than good."

He wasn't surprised when his millionth assigned soul won with his friends, but he was surprised when the young man came to him afterwards. Dongwoo was beaming at him again as he leaned against the wall next to the silent reaper.

"You came."

"I don't have anything else to do, right now."- Hoya said shrugging his shoulders.-" Congratulations. You are really good."

The human looked down blushing, though a small smile found it's way on his face.

"Can you at least tell me if I will suffer or not?"

"I can't tell you anything about your death. You shouldn't even be able to see me yet, only at that moment when I collect your soul."

Hoya turned to the now confused younger, only his sticking eyes visible under his ever present black hood. He carefully reached for the boy's hair, ruffling it softly."Okay something is definitely wrong here. I shouldn't be able to touch him."

"Don't over think it. Enjoy your live for now."

Dongwoo looked up at him only to find the reaper melt into the shadows behind him.He sighed, trying to shake away the memories the meeting brought up in him. "Stop it, Dongwoo. You should listen to him and enjoy your remaining time."

Hoya didn't know himself why he kept visiting the dancer during the next few weeks. It wasn't necessary, yet he somehow spent quiet some time watching the human. It was strange really, how easily Dongwoo befriended him, destroying the barriers centuries had build to protect him from the often gruesome duties of a grim reaper. Yet with Dongwoo, he found himself falling back into his old habits and ways. He acted the way he had when he was still human.

"Hoya!"- he looked up, as the cheerful voice pulled him from his musings. The object of his thoughts was hurrying over to him, smiling like always. Yet the reaper felt that something was different. The boy's eyes looked darker then usually, the spark that normally made his eyes shine was absent.

"Hey, something troubling you?"

Dongwoo stopped, staring at the hooded figure."Damn. You are better at hiding things. Fool him. Don't let him see."

"What do you mean. Everything is great. Though aren't you warm in all these black clothes? Seriously I would get a heat if I wore a hoodie right now?!"-he said, eyeing his friend's form. He had made sure that his voice was bubbly and that he smiled widely. The reaper merely sighed reaching up to remove his hood.

"I can't feel the heat or the cold. As technically seen I am still dead."

Dongwoo gasped in shock, before he could stop himself."What the....Since when are grim reapers so handsome and the definition of hot???!!!!"

"Moh, why are you wearing that hood all the time? You are really handsome."-he complained, causing the reaper to laugh. Dongwoo shook his head moving  to the stereo.- "So this is our new choreo, what do you think?"

That day marked a turning point in there lives. Their tentive friendship grow stronger as they became closer with every passing day. It seemed that fate was kind to them, giving them a happiness they have never experienced before. Till one day, a month from the day Hoya had come to dread, Dongwoo asked a seemingly innocent question.

"So, say Hoya just how manyst soul am I for you?"- the reaper snapped his head to look at him in shock.

"What? Why do you ask?"

"Come on tell me! I am curious."- he whined adorably.

"The millionth."- was the whispered reply of the dark figure laying on the grass next to him, accompanied by a heavy sigh as the reaper turned his graze back to the stars above them.

"Wow. Really? Is that anything special? It has to be, right?"- the dancer questioned excitedly. Hoya felt thorn between telling him and saying it wasn't anything out of ordinary.

"If a reaper collects one million souls, he or she will be allowed to be reborn in the human world again."- he muttered in the end, watching as the boy's, beautiful, eyes sparkled with a new light.

"That's great."-Dongwoo exclaimed, sitting up to smile at the other.-  "You know I think I don't really mind giving up my life if my soul is what you need for a new life."

Hoya sat up in pure shock taking the human boy by his shoulders. He looked deep into these eyes, that seemed to bewitch him, and gently shook the boy.

"Don't ever say something like that again. You should always think about yourself first. You are worth so much more than the likes of me."

At Dongwoo's confused nod Hoya let go of him still in shock and feeling lost for the first time since he awoke as a reaper. "No.........I.....not him. I don't want to do it!!!I don't care about being reborn, if it means I will lose that one person I have learned to love. There has to be some other way too!!!!"

And he really did his best to discover a way out. He even begged his superiors to change Dongwoo with someone else, anything so he wouldn't have to watch the cheerful dancer die. It was utterly useless. There was absolutely nothing he could do, beside watching from the sidelines. He cursed at everything and anything and cried, really cried when he understood that no matter what he did he would lose Dongwoo. One week from the horrible day, Dongwoo gently took his hands after making him comment on the sixth choreography he had come up with since meeting the silent reaper.

"I know that what I'm going to say is utterly stupid and crazy, but I need to say it before it's too late. I really like you.....I think I even love you, Hoya."

Hoya froze staring at the blushing human, before pulling him close. He held Dongwoo tightly against his chest, feeling his heart shatter and bloom at the same moment.

"I love you, too. So I guess I'm just as crazy and stupid then."

Dongwoo smiled at him then, more brightly than ever before. And Hoya know how hard it had been for him to say that. The dancer in his arms had once admitted to him what had been wrong that day back then. He had sobbed as he recalled all the pain he had suffered from his ex. So he cherished the small, unsure confession even more.

Before he could realize it that day had come. The day Dongwoo was supposed to die. Hoya could barely stop himself from crying as he adored the dancer's newest creation. His movements fluid and graceful, powerful and soft.

"That was beautiful."-he complimented.-"What do you want to do for the rest of the day? I would say it is a date, but seeing that I'm only a ghost it feels wrong to."

He unconsciously flinched as his lover's cheerful voice asked him to go to Han River. But he smiled telling Dongwoo to show the way. In the setting sun's light he pulled the human dancer to him  one last time telling him he loved him more than anything else. Dongwoo smiled at him starting to reply when he saw a little girl fall into the water trying to reach her falling doll. A boy, maybe her brother, tried to grab her only to end up splashing into the water right beside her. Dongwoo was already jumping in, when his mind managed to caught up with him. He grabbed both of the struggling kids and pulled them to the shore. He never expected that swimming while dragging two others would be this tiring. He pushed both out of the water, onto the safe ground as his grip slipped and he fell back. He moved to swim back to the surface but he was to tired to fight against the current tugging on him. He felt panic rise up in his chest as familiar arms wrapped around him. He relaxed as Hoya turned him so they were eye to eye. Seeing the reaper's glowing golden eyes Dongwoo understood. "I'm sorry, Hoya. I love you."

Hoya stared at the face of his most precious person as he relaxed and smiled at him softly ignoring their predicament. He leaned forward pressing his lips against blue ones. Their first kiss was their last too he was sure of it as he pulled away a sob racking his numbing frame. "I'm sorry. I love you, Dongwoo."

≈≈≈≈

Howon shook his head trying almost desperately to get rid of the memories that kept haunting his every moment. It had been over three decades since the day the reaper Hoya collected his millionth soul. For twenty-two years he had finally been reborn as a human named Howon. "Dongwoo, my dear I miss you."

A familiar song caught his attention as he walked through the park he had meet Dongwoo at. His eyes found a group of boys around his age dancing. Howon was about to leave when he froze on his spot, eyes on a certain blond that looked like he could be Dongwoo's twin. The dancer smiled at him and Howon found himself smirking as he easily challenged the boy to a dance battle. He found that from all of the choreographs Dongwoo ever showed him, he liked this eight one the best, the one where he danced right beside his one precious soul.


Okay, I felt like I was neglecting this pairing so voila. I have two more one shot ideas and then I think I will start on the sequel for Three Wishes. :)

On an other note I haven't wanted to do this but I won't update the next one shot till there aren't at least one comment for the last three chapters. As a rather new author I'm relying on the comments you leave to tell me how I'm doing and seeing that there had been none I can only conclude that what I wrote is rubbish. And that seriously takes away my mood to write.

I'm going to be on a school trip, meaning no internet for the next week, so please take a few minutes and leave a comment about Six Senses 1 and 2, and Seven Sins(maybe even Eight Dances). I will start writing the next one shot once I'm home again, but I don't know when I will post it.