Three Wishes

One Love

Here is Chapter 3. Somehow this one turned out quite angsty. *sigh* Oh, well please enjoy. I have absolutly no medical knowledge.


Three Wishes

"No, that can't be right!" - Sunggyu squeezed his younger lover's hand softly, telling him that he was there silently. He too looked at the doctor seated across them, hoping against hope that he had misunderstood the younger's test results. The man sighed softly looking at the two young men, too young, and spoke:

"Mr. Nam I apologize but the results are definite. Your symptoms too are clearly associated with this illness. I'm sorry but you have lung cancer, Mr. Nam."

Sunggyu swallowed hard trying to keep his composure. He forced the still shellshocked younger to stand and bow to the doctor before leading him out of the hospital to where his car was waiting. They drove in complete silence, both lost in though.

"Hyung?"- the younger called to him softly as they seated themselves on their couch.

"Yes, Woohyunnie?"- he turned to face the younger gently taking both of his hands into his own, fingers rubbing them soothingly.

"The doc was wrong,right? I mean I don't even smoke and I'm always doing sport and I'm just 23. So I can't have lung cancer,right? Right?"- Woohyun pleaded softly tears running down his handsome face.

"Hyunnie... I'm sorry I can't lie to you like this. I'm sorry, so sorry."- Sunggyu whispered as he collected the other in his embrace allowing him to cry and curse at the world.

"It's not fair hyung! It's not fair."

"Shh. I know love, I know"- he didn't cry, he couldn't. Not when the younger was breaking apart infront of him. No, he had to be the stronger of the two of them, he would be the strong one. He started to humm a lullaby, the younger's favourite, while standing up with his sobbing lover in his arms. Upstairs he layed Woohyun in their bed, tucking him in. He pressed a kiss to his sleeping boyfriend's forehead before exiting the room, closing the door and returning to the living-room. Reaching for his phone he rigidly made a new appointment for the younger. Sunggyu collapesed onto the couch his shoulder shaking.

"No... No....Not him! Not Woohyun. Why? Why him of all people??? This isn't fair! He has never done anything wrong............ I don't want to lose him. I'm not ready to let go. Not him. Not Woohyun. I love him too much. I have for the last three years. Since the day we meet. "

He forced himself to stop. He whiped his tears standing and moving to the kitchen. He had to be strong.

At the next visit in the hospital:

After two tearfilled weeks later it was time for Woohyun's next appointment. Sunggyu kept fidgeting at the uncomfortable plastic chair in the waiting room while the doctor was doing various scannes and checks on the younger. Finally, he saws them returning so he stood to follow them into the doc's office.

"Well, I seem to have a bit of good news. It seem you cancer is operable. Once the tumors reach a certain size, they can be removed. You will of course need chemo therapy afterwards,Mr. Nam, but with the way the situation looks right now, you have very good changes of surviving."

"How long would it take for the tumors to reach that size?"- Sunggyu questioned, seeing how his boyfriend was in shock. He knew that Woohyun had been still hoping to be told that someone mixed up his patient folder with someone else's. So as reassuring the doctor's words were, the younger only felt all of his hope shatter.

"I think around five to six months. Maybe seven. Though I have to warn you, your condition is going to become worse and worse as time passes.Please keep that in mind." The man stood, bowed and left the room.

Woohyun whimpered next to Sunggyu, who quickly pulled him  close, patting his hair.

"You heared him Woohyun-ah. It's going to be okey again. And  till it is I'm right here. Okey I'm here for you, love."- the younger nodded leaning up slightly, causing the elder to press a gentle kiss  on his lips.

"Let's go home."

Two months later:

The doctor was right. Woohyun could feel how much his health worsened with each passing day, though he had stopped saying so after catching his boyfriend crying himself to sleep next to him. He knew that the elder assumed that he was already sleeping and that was the only reason he actually allowed himself to show his emotions. Sunggyu had spent all of his time and strenght on the younger during the last two months. Taking care of him after each coughing fit, making him eat when he couldn't find the appetit to do so, forcing him to take his medicin as well as taking, more like draging, him to the hospital for check ups. But he also emotionlaly took care of him, holding him as he cried, claming him after each and every nightmare, trying to fullfil all of Woohyun's wishes even if the other never said anything about them.

This certain evening found them curled up on the couch watching horror movies.

"Hyunnie?"- Sunggyu called softly after feeling the younger tense beside him.

"Say hyung......... What if I don't make it?"

"That won't happen.It's simple like that, love."-He would never admit it but that was what kept him from actually sleeping at night. The fear of losing the younger he felt when the doctor first stated the diagnose hasn't gotten any better if anything it was even more choking by now.

"But if the docs mess up?"- Woohyun questioned stubbornly. Sunggyu reached over pulling his boyfriend into his lap, eyes searching the sunken in eyes of his lover.

"What's on your mind, that makes you think things like that?"

"I'm scared Gyu-hyung."- Woohyun admited softly.-" I feel like I will die before living."

Sunggyu tightened his hold on his thin lover, shaking his head.

"It's going to be alright. But if it helps you, how about this? You think of two things you want to do before the operation at every price and I will do my best to make them happen. What do you think, love?"- he offered with a fake smile. It hurt him to see the always confidente younger like this. So insecrure and vulnerable. So Sunggyu was willilng to do anything to make him smile again.

"You don't have to, Sunggyu.hyung, that's not what I meant..."- he trailed of as his boyfriend pecked his lips.

"I know, but I want to."

Three weeks later:

" I can't take this much longer. It hurts.. It hurts. Seeing Woohyun become more and more a shadow of his former self. And I'm scared so scared that I'll lose him."-Sunggyu thoughted as he cried into his best friends chest.

"Shh. Hyung everything will be fine. You know Woohyun he won't leave you. Not you." - Dongwoo gently muttered into his hear as he and his boyfriend,Hoya, sat with him in the hospital's waiting room.

"He nearly suffocated, Dongwoo. How is that going to be okey????"- Sunggyu snapped unconsciously.

"Hyung."- Hoya called  him in a  soft voice.-" Woohyun-hyung is strong. But he'll be mad at us if he sees that you cried. He already feels terrible for putting you in this situation."

Before Sunggyu could react Woohyun's doctor appered infront of them.

"Mr. Nam is fine now. Though we will need to increase some of his medication. You can see him now; though he should be still sleeping."

Sunggyu thanked him bowing, before hurrying to his lover's room.The younger was paler than the white hospital sheets he was laying on. Only now did Dongwoo and Hoya realise just how thin their friend had become. After making sure their friends were going to be oke the two decided to take their leave wanting to give the others some sort of privacy.

"Wake up Hyunnie. Please, I need you. So wake up."- Sunggyu pleaded in his thoughts as he grabbed the younger's hand sitting down on the visitor's chair next to the hospital bed his weakened boyfriend was occupying. He layed his head on their joined hands feeling his strenght leave him. Seeing the attack that left the younger in this position really took every last inch of his facade. He didn't know how much longer he could continue like this. Just when sleep was ready to claim his exhausted body he felt the hand in his graps move. He jolted up in a sitting position eyes on the face of his beloved. Eyelids fluttered before opening and Woohyun looked at his surronding with big eyes before they settled on the hamster watching him with worry clear in his dark eyes.

"Hyung..."- he stopped to cough thankfully accepting the water the elder was offering to him.

"Shh. It's oke, Woohyunnie. You had a pretty bad attack. You should rest for now. I'm staying here, so don't worry."- Sunggyu said trying to sooth him.

"Just leave already, hyung. It's alright. I understand."- he whispered turning away from those small eyes he had adored the moment he first saw them and which were now wide in pure shock.

"H-Hyunnie?"- Sunggyu questioned with shaking voice. Not knowing why the younger would suddenly send him away like that.

"Stop staying with me out of pity Sunggyu-hyung. I can't stand it anymore. I...I can see how much of a burden I'm to you. I apologize. But please stop now. I don't want to die while forcing the one person I will always love to take care of such a burden. I know that you don't feel the same way and that I'm keeping you from pursueing your dreams to be a singer. I'm beyond thankful that you even bothered to go on that date with me back then, I couldn't image what I must have done in the past when we actually were still together,even living together after three years. But now it's time I face reality and let you go bef..."- the younger never had a chance to finish his rant as a teary eyed  Sunggyu  decided that he had heard enough and ,for once not caring about the younger's condition, slapped him hard.

"You idiot. You idiotic tree. How can you even think that?  Be happy you're already in the hospital or I swear I would have beat you up for that bunch of nonsense you keep on saying. Do you really think I would leave you just because you're ill at the moment.????"- Sunggyu was by now trying to speak through his tears, his voice craking again and again. Woohyun stared at him in shock. He had been so sure the elder would simply walk through the door without a goodbye.- " I don't understand. Did I ever make you feel that way?. That I don't love you more than anything in my life? Didn't I show you how much you meant to me often enough? I promised you, didn't I? That I would always be there for you just like you would always be there for me?! I really meant that, Hyunnie. So please don't throw me away when things get hard to bear. "

"But .. but your dreams. I can't make you give up everything for me. I'm not that selfish!"- Woohyun insisted.

"Do you think I give a damn about that right now?"- the elder questioned as he pulled the smaller male to him, holding him close, allowing him to feel his warmth; his fast beating heart.- "You're far more important for me than any dream in this world. Please, believe me. Woohyun-ah please trust me."

"I'm sorry hyung. I'm so scared. I really thought I'd die today."-the younger cried into the his lover's chest.

"I know, love. But rest now, please."- Sunggyu carefully pulled away making the other lay down again.He gently caressed the younger boy's face, biting his lip. -"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have hit you."

Woohyun shook his head whiping the other's tears, smiling a bit.

"I figured out what I want."

"Huh?"

"Your deal. You said I have two wishes free."- Sunggyu laughed softly at that.

"Tell me more about it tomorrow."

The next day, back at Sunggyu's and Woohyun's place:

"So what are your wishes?"- he asked his boyfriend.

"Well my first wish is actually not so special."- the younger said smiling mischievously.

" Just tell me, Namu."

"You're no fun, Gyu-hyung. Oke, what I want is for us to go to the Nell concert in two weeks. I already asked Dongwoo-hyung for the tickets."- Sunggyu smiled hugging him closer.

"That's simple. We're of course going."- Woohyun squirmed around.- "Hyung, promise that you will go along with whatever happens at the concert."

"While I don't understand why you're so nervous, but if it helps. I promise, my love."- he softly kissed the other, smiling. - "And the second one?"

"After the concert."

"Oke."

Two weeks later:

Sunggyu had to thank Dongwoo somehow. The younger not only managed to get two last minuits tickets for some of the best places, but also a a meet and greet  afterwards. Now after having spent the last twenty-something minuits chatting with his rolemodels, he felt like fainting when their CEO walked in asking which one of them won the audition. His eyes snapped to Woohyun, who was pointing at him with a smile.

"Well, then please start Sunggyu-ssi."

He nodded remembering his promise to Woohyun. Thinking of the last few weeks, he sang like he never did before. Allowing his emotions to guide him through every part of the song. There was a moment of silnence once he stopped, before everyone was clapping and complimenting him. Woohyun smiled at him from the side, that one smile that always made him feel like he could do anything.

"I'm really impressed Sunggyu-ssi. If you were to decided that you want to pursue a career in singing give me a call on this number."-the CEO told him smiling as he handed him a busniess card.

"Ah... yes. Thank you, sir."- he bowed, still frozen in shock.

Later that night:

"I cant believe you had done that, Hyunnie. I told you that I don't care about singing at the moment."- he muttered in utter disbelieve.The younger sighed pulling his sulking boyfriend closer.

"I know that, hyung. But I care about your dream so I took a presented chance. Please don't be mad at me. I really want you to get a chance at singing on stage."

"I'm not mad. But right now you're my first priority. So what other crazy wish do you have?"- he questioned playfully.

"I want to call you mine."

"But I'm already yours."- Sunggyu answered confused. The younger shook his head, reaching for something in his pocket.

"I mean legally. I want to be able to call you my husband."-he spoke softly taking hold of the elder's hand holding a beautiful ring in the other hand.-"My second wish is to marry you. So Kim Sunngyu, would you fulfill this idiot's wish and marry me?"

Sunggyu just stared at him frozen. Before shaking his head softly, his tears falling onto his lap.

"Please. Woohyun, anything but this."

The younger looked at him with big hurt eyes, before sighing his expresion closing off.

"Of course."-he laughed bitterly-"Who would want to marry a dying man? Just what was I thinking? I should have known."

Sunggyu quickly stopped the younger from leaving, forcing him to look him in the eyes.

"Allow me to finish."- he comanded gently.At the younger's reculant nod, he continued.-"I'm not rejecting you, babo. I'm merely asking you to wait till this is all over. After you're back to full strenght again once the operation and the chemo are over, I would be the happiest person to ever walk on earth to be allowed to call you my husband. I'm simply scared that you're only asking because you're scared of dying." - he explained, watching the younger's eyes widen in suprise.

"But ......Gyu-hyung.....I would never hurt you like that. "- he stuttered.

"I know."- Sunggyu answered with a gentle smile.-"But I'm asking you to wait with the wedding itself till you're recovered. I didn't say anything against getting engaged.So go ahead and put that shiny ring on my hand."

The younger smiled brightly slipping the ring on his finger.

A few days later:

"Please,God, please I'm begging you. Allow everything to go as planned and don't take him from me. This attack was even stronger than the last one, so please keep him safe. I don't care about anything else just make sure Woohyun survives this and that he is going to recover completely.  Please that's the only thing I will ever wish for."-Sunggyu silently prayed, sitting in the hospital waiting for the younger operation to finish; while remembering all the time he had spent with him. A doctor came to him a few hours later, telling him that the operation has been sucessful, but that there had been an oxygen shortage in the younger's brain for some seconds.

"We won't know till he has woken up if if has any form of consequence. Even if it has it is most likely only temponary. So please don't worry. You can see him now."

Sunggyu thanked him, bowed and hurrid to his beloved's side.

"Ehm. I'm sorry but who are you?"- a familiar voice asked waking him from the first sleep he had since they found out of the younger's illness. He rubbed his eyes, yawning cutely while processing what exactly his lover was asking him. His eyes went wide and he couldn't bring himself to say anything, causing the confused younger to free his hand and repeat his question, assuring Sunggyu that he wasn't trying to prank him. Ignoring the so familiar questioning eyes he quickly left getting Woohyun's doctor.

"It seems that he lost his memories of the last three or four years. As I already said it is with a ninety percent chance only temporary."

Sunggyu nodded thanking the doc, though he was still frozen in shock.

Later:

"Are you sure about this, Sunggyu-hyung?"-Dongwoo asked again.

"It's for the best, Dongwoo. You know it too, the Woohyun before I meet him was a straight player. It's for the best if he doen't know. He is alive and he is going to recover.I can't be selfish and ask for even more. And I'm not sure I would be able to stand by and wait for him to remember while dating girls left and right. I don't think I could handle that pain.I'm not that strong. So yes I'm sure."-he smiled sadly his eyes never leaving the sleeping form of his once betrothed.

"Of course, hyung.We respect your decision. Dongwoo-hyung and I will wait by the car. We're driving you to the airport."- Hoya spoke, gently dragging his lover away.

Sunggyu sighed before stepping to the bed with a sad smile on his lips.

"Well it seems like this is goodbye now, Hyunnie. Please find your happiness without me. I will always love you, as you're really the other half of my soul trapped in a different body."

He pressed one last kiss against  Woohyun's lips before walking away tears streaming down his handsome face.

"I kept my promise now keep your's too and take care of him, God."

He thought as his airplane to Japan took off. His hand moved to his neck curling around  his engeagement ring.

"I LOVE YOU ; NAM WOOHYUN."


Well..... that's it. Not proofread,. Comment please and tell me what you think. *gives puppy eyes*