Two Minds

One Love

Chapter 2! Finally, right? Once again not proofread. Not sure if  I already said it but at the moment all stories are AU-stories. Wanted to say it in case something didn't add up. Now on with the story and enjoy.


Two Minds

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to our Grand Competition! Two of our school's and probably our city's brightest students are going to compete for our great prize. A weeklong trip to New York for two persons."- the commentator of the quiz yelled in his microphone.

"Finally, this is it. The competition I worked so hard for. I will win this trip."- Sungyeol thought determindedly as he grazed around the competition hall. - "I only need to beat him. "

Him. That would be the second participant of this challlenge: Kim Myungsoo, Sungyeol's biggest rival. Speaking of the devil, there he is. Walking right towards Sungyeol.

"Hey loser! Ready to lose?"-he questioned cockily.

"I hope you brought enough tissues as you're going to need them when I win."- Sungyeol shot back with a confident smile. The other boy merely smirked and moved to where his friends Hoya and Woohyun were waiting.

"He looks good today. Wait.. What? Ohje you're nervouser then you thought Sungyeol. Your brain is actually mixing up things. As hell would need to freeze over for Myungsoo to be anything else than the most annoying part of my life."

"Don't let him annoy you Sungyeolie."- a gentle voice told him. He turned around to find his closest friends, Sunggyu, Dongwoo and Sungjong giving him encouraging smiles.

"Don't worry hyung. I will beat him today. He will stop being so arrogant after i wipe the floor with him!"- he promised, earning happy chuckles for the trio infront of him.

Though a part of him was wondering how things ended this way. He and Myungsoo weren't always emenies. No, in elementary and middle school they had been the best friends one could image. They used to be closer than brothers, as they grow up. Their parents had been close friends and they used to live just a few streets from eachother. Their mothers had signed them up for their first competition upon the insisting of their elemenary school teacher, who meant that it  would be a waste not to encourage their thirst for knowledge. At first it had been all good fun for the two of them, learning together, competing for being first place. They used to be the reason the other tried harder and harder, not wanting to fall behind, but at the same time they were always supporting eachother. But in their first year of high school something suddenly changed one day from a minute to the next. From then on the competition were serious between them, always trying to outsmart each other, always wishing to be the very best. Somewhere along the way they stopped talking and spending so much time together till they were only insulting eachother whenever they meet at different quizes and competitions. Now with 23 and in their last year of college ( they got to skip a few grades thanks to their brains) they were sworn emenies.

"Life sure is strange. I still wonder what had happened back then? What caused us to change so much?"-Sungyoel was pulled from his reminiscing by the commentator's voice calling him and Myungsoo to take their places for the competition.

"Sungyeolie/Sungyeol-hyung, hwaiting!"- was his three friends last motivation. He nodded and walked to his chair, sitting down the same time Myungsoo did.

"Are you two ready?"- at their nods the man turned to the judges,-"Everything ready by you too? Yes? Good it's time to start. Very well, now the first question is..."

For the next three hours Sungyeol and Myungsoo continued to anwser more and more complicated questions. Either with both of them knowing the answer and their speed deciding on who got to answer or with alternately only one of them knowing. Their friends and parents were cheering for them the whole time.

"Well this is rather suprising."- the announcer started after talking with the judges.-"it seems like we have two very genious boys here. Ladies and Gentlemen this year's competition is ending with a tie. Yes you heard right it is a tie. This means that you boys are going to share the prize and go on this trip together. Congratulation."

The crowd applauded loudly, though both Sungyeol and Myungsoo stood next to the comentator and stared at him with lost expresions.

"But.. there had been no tied results in this quiz for over twenty years."-Myungsoo managed to force out as Sungyoel nodded along agreeing with him for the first time in years.

"Well boys the judges said that if we kept asking you two questions we won't leave before tomorrow morning so they rather compered you're records till now. Only that didn't really help them as your records are you could say identical. You have both won the exact same amount of competition and ended up in second place barely behind the other the same times too. This is why they decided on tieing you two."- the man explained to them upon seeing theit shock.-"Hey, think positivly, at least you won't need to worry about who to take with you on the trip to New York."

He walked away with that just as their friends reached them congratulating and cheering them up at the same time.

"At least you will stop dancing around each other and just confess finally!"-Sungjong said, causing both geniouses to freeze and stare at him like he grow an other head.

"You're crazy!!"-they said at the same time only to quickly leave upon realizing that.

"Sungjung!!!!!!"-four voices yelled at that.

On the rooftop, a bit later

" Ah, I can't believe this! I have to share my prize, my trip with Kim Myungsoo of all people out there! I don't want to! NO; NO; NO AND ONE MORE TIME NO!"- Sungyeol ranted in his mind.- "And what is Sungjongie thinking? Ha, as if I actually liked that devil! That arrogante,idiotic, childish , handsome devil! WAIT; WHAT??? Get a grip Lee Sungyeol! You never thought that. " 

"Sungyeol?"- a familiar voice called behind him. He whirled around to face his former best friend.

"Yes, Myungsoo?"-as the other adressed him by his name he himself saw no need for insults either.The other sighed at his cold tone and kept his eyes somewhere behind Sungyeol's head.

"I wanted to tell you that you can have the trip."

"What????"-Sungyeol froze. He was sure he either misheard the younger or the other was playing with him.

"You can have it. I mean it. I don't need it." - Myungsoo was still looking anywhere but into the elder's eyes.

"You're lying."-Sungyeol accused. His voice devoid of emotions.-"Why else would you be saying something like that?"

"I'm not lying!!!!! I'm really trying to give you the prize...."

"I don't believe you. You were doing you're very best to make my life as hard as possible during the last few years. I don't understand. Neither your behavour now nor what really happened back then. We used to be so close, inseperatable even. And now? We're doing our best to hit where it hurts the most. So what are you really doing, because you surely aren't trying to do something so nice for me." -Sungyeol didn't even realize that he started crying while yelling all his pent up hurt at the younger till Myungsoo carefully pulled him to him and whipped his tears.

"Shhh. I'm sorry. I don't know either what made us change, but I know how hard you worked for this trip, so I don't wish to ruin it for you. Then going with someone you hate certainly would ruin it."- was what the younger whispered sofly now.

"Why??? You worked just as hard don't try to deny it, Myungsoo."- Sungyeol gently pushed the other away, who huffed in irritation and all but yelled:

"I like you, okey? And I  can't stand seeing you like this." - only to clamp both hands for his lips.

"You...y-you...yo--ou" Sungyeol couldn't believe it. It was impossible, right? Only a trick. But as he looked into the sincere dark eyes, his best friend's eyes, he understood that, no, the younger wasn't joking. And one more thing suddenly made sense.

"I don't want your ticket. No.. wait let me finish. I want you to keep it because i acually want to go with you. You were wrong just now; I don't hate you. I like you too,Myungsoo. "- he admitted. The younger blinked once,twice  and throw himself at the other, hugging him close.

"Really? After everything?"-he had to know.Sungyeol nodded, smiling.

"Yes. I think I already liked you back then too and simply didn't know how to handle it. So I tried to create some distance between us."- Myungsoo chuckled softly.

"You know what, now that I think about it, I guess it was the same for me too. Oh God, and we're supposed to be the two most genious minds here?"

They were both laughing now, holding eachother close.

"Say hyung.."

"Mhh"

"Would you hit me if I kissed you now?"

"Why don't you try it simply?"

Myundsoo's confident smirk returned as he leaned up to softly press his lips against Sungyeol's,who tightened his arms around the younger's neck in response.


That's it. Leave a comment with your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Hope you enjoyed it.

I'll try to updated faster, though for that I first need to dig out myself from  under this mountain of homework i still need to do, as it  decided to bury me.