Smile (KenxTeen!Hyuk+Teen!Hongbin)

VIXX boyxboy One-Shots

The sharp, stinging air stabbed at my already ice-cold cheeks and other exposed parts of my face. Early mornings were the norm for me, but still the cold got to me; in more ways than one. As I pushed my balloon stand forward towards my new spot other early risers sent me tired mumbles of hello's and good morning's.

 

 

 

I put sign out to stand in front of my cart before blowing up an abundance of balloons, thinking of my Hyukkie every time I blew up a green one. Once I had been fully set up, work was slow and although I had a few customers, I - once again - was extremely thankful that this was only a weekend job.

 

 

 

The day began to slow down and as afternoon hit I was just about ready to go. Until I saw a man and a little boy walking towards me. Only they stopped and the older bent down to the small boy's level, fixing up his coat and talking to him momentarily. They then crossed the road, the man holding the little boy's hand and once they hit my side of the road the boy began to pull the older forward, excitement written all over his little face.

 

 

 

"Hello there boys! How are we?" I smile cheerfully at the two males in front of me. Positivity sells, and lucky for me I have an extremely positive way about me. As I looked at the man in front of me, my throat ran dry and all the blood rushed towards my ice-cold cheeks.

 

 

 

"Hello! I'm Wonshik, this is my Appa and we would like a balloon please sir"

 

 

 

"Well hello Wonshik and his Appa. What kind of balloon can I get you sir" I ask with a grin looking down at this Wonshik boy. He looked young, five or six at the most. His eyes shown with excitement as I looked over all the balloons I had.

 

 

 

"A blue one" Wonshik finally decides, smiling up at me with a smile that showed his white teeth. I chuckled at his happiness and turned towards the gorgeous man known as 'Wonshik's Appa'. "And what colour for you Wonshik's Appa?"

 

 

 

"Taekwoon, and I'm not getting one" he sends me a soft smile as Wonshik gasps from beside his Appa and tugs on the quiet's voiced male's sleeve.  "Appa you’re smiling! Appa you don't smile very often, but I think you should because you have a very pretty smile" Wonshik then poked the corner of his Appa's smile before giggling like a maniac as Taekwoon - such a wonderful name for such a wonderful looking man - begins to blush slightly.

 

 

 

"He's right Mr Taekwoon, you do have a lovely smile"

 

 

 

God just saying his name had me in a fit of absolute harmony. Taekwoon looks at me and mumbles a very small and almost impossible to hear thank you. Taekwoon blushed softly and it made my heart race to know I was why he was blushing.

 

 

 

"Your son says you should smile more, and the only way for you to smile more is to buy a balloon because balloons make everyone happy" my logic was crap, but at this point I was desperate to make this smile more because of me.

 

 

 

Taekwoon chuckled and smiled once more,  "I would like a green one please".  I grinned wide and plucked a blue one out of the bunch for young Wonshik, and as Wonshik exclaimed about how great his balloon was; I took out a pen from my pocket and scribbled onto Taekwoon's, before finally handing it to him.

 

 

 

 "That will be $7.50 thank you". I smiled nervous as Taekwoon handed me the money while telling me to keep the change. He smiled softly as I thanked him, "Have a wonderful rest of your day Wonshik and Taekwoon!" I call as they begin to walk away; Wonshik turns around and waves furiously at me, "Bye!"

 

 

 

Taekwoon turns around as they reach the end of the road and I wave softly at him. He ducks his head and waves quickly back at me, before Wonshik shouts at him to hurry up. As the pair disappeared into the large, fancy building in front of me; I  sighed and touched my phone in my back pocket, praying.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

It had been two hours and twenty-nine minutes since I had met Taekwoon and Wonshik, the older's smile still stuck in my brain like gum on the bottom of a shoe. I had finished my 'shift' for the day and was not even ten seconds away from opening the door to my shop - now that was an everyday  job.

 

 

 

I push the door open and the little bell rings, making Hyukbin looks up at me. Hongbin smacked is gum and put his phone down onto the bench. He waves slightly and picks his phone back up again. "So I'm guessing you're feeling much better then?" I roll my eyes and let the door close behind me, taking off my coat and walking towards the front counter, where I slid behind and hung my coat on the back of the chair.

 

 

 

"Yeah, thanks for taking my shift for me Uncle Ken. I owe you one, really I do"

 

 

 

I roll my eyes again mumbling an "Owe me one my " making Hongbin laugh loudly. "Many customers?" I ask going over to where Hyuk was sat in a seat, book stuck up his nose and earphones in. "I don't know, I lost count" he shrugs. I flick Hyuk's forehead and he looks up at me, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

 

 

He pulled his earphones out and smiled up at me. "Where are your glasses Hyukkie?" I ask with a sigh. "I left them at home" he murmurs, going back to his book. "If you wore them you wouldn't have to stick the book up your nose" I remind him like I have countless times before this.

 

 

 

"Uncle Jaehwan you can't actually stick a book up your nose, it's really quite impossible" Sanghyuk begins to explain why one cannot stick a book up their nose when Hongbin snorts and interrupts his brother. "And this is where you'd be pushing your glasses back up your nose like the nerd you are"

 

 

 

"Ya, leave your brother alone" I scold turning back to Hongbin and glaring at the teen. Hongbin was fifteen and Hyuk thirteen; they're my nephews. They live with me permanently and I have full custody of them. Their mother- my sister - has trouble with the drink, and tends to over abuse it; meaning she has a fried brain with an extremely heated temper.

 

She's quite a few years older than me, her being thirty-five and myself being twenty-two. She had Hongbin when she was twenty and Sanghyuk was born two years later. Hongbin's father ran off after he was born, held him all of one time, and then well poor Sanghyuk doesn't even know his father's name. I'm sure my sister didn't either, it was a one night stand that ended up with her pregnant. My sister and I were close when I was younger , well as close as we could be when I was six and she was eighteen. Even at six I felt the need to protect her, and make sure she was ok. It broke my mother's heart, but harden my father's. He and my sister had never gotten on.  I wanted her to have a male influence in her life, and although I'm twelve years younger than her I had promised myself that I would help her. So when I turned eighteen, I finally made the decision that what was best for my sister; was what was best for her children. I managed to have full custody of them, with Hongbin being ten and Sanghyuk being eight. At eighteen I opened my shop - Ken's Party Supplies; original I know - and tried my best to give the boys the best life I could.

 

 

 

They're great kids you know, Hongbin has a tendency to chew too much gum and is always on his phone; not too mention his obsession with teasing Hyuk because he's smart. Sanghyuk...well he's more on the difficult side to figure out. He's always had this quiet way about him, ever since he was little but when his Grade 4 teacher realised he was too smart for her class and sent him to the Year 7 class; he doesn't talk to anyone but Hongbin and myself. He's supposed to wear this glasses - like I mentioned before - but he doesn't like them. Which is extremely frustrating.

 

 

 

"Leave your brother alone" Hongbin mimics me. I raise an eyebrow and turn to face him, "I wonder how popular you'd be at school if I made you ugly. Hmm?". He smirks. "Go ahead. If I could go through Umma's old boyfriend, you'll be nothing"

 

 

 

My eyes widen and suddenly he jumps up pointing to the clock. "4:00. We can go home. Come on Hyukkie, race you to the car" and before I can say anything Sanghyuk has pushed past me and is racing Hongbin. "I'll be there in a minute" I mumble going to lock the shop up. I remember to grab my coat after I've pulled the signs and balloon stand in, before I finally lock the shop.

 

 

 

I walked around the corner and into the small car park, sighing as I see Sanghyuk trying to pry Hongbin off  the passenger door so he could ride shotgun.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Second and final part to the Keo! If you would like me to continue with this idea, please send me a message and I will see what I can do.

 

 

 

Not Edited

 

 

 

P.S Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!