Chapter 10

Believe

 

Himchan wakes up from her slumber state. She then take a glance to her phone . 14th May - 11.30pm .  That alone wakes her up from her dreamland.

" wait what? phewww , good that I wake up before time "

Himchan quickly pace out and wash her sleepy face. Having a pack schedule and classes on that day sure makes her really tired , but that doesnt mean that she will forget . Himchan pats her face in front of the mirror , wearing some lotion to her face , while glancing at Ailee who is sleeping soundly on her bed. Himchan then grabs her phone while counting the time. tic toc tic toc. Seconds passed.andd..... 

Ring...ring.... Himchan waits patiently for the person at the other line to pick up her call and when she hears someone giggle at the other line , she smiles widely and jumping for being so excited for that certain someone. 

 

"Ouh . Yosh. Still awake? Its 12am already channie"

" yeap. Hee. whatcha doing? " she replied.

" well. Hanging out with my friend. They are celebrating my *cough* birthday . Errr....*chuckle* a-aint you g-going to wish me?"

"Aigoo. Do you think that I forget your birthday eh?"

" well. Who knows. Haha "

" eyyyy. How will I forget someone like you. "

 

Both nods to the awkward situation that they created ...

 

SILENCE

 

"Jonggie-ah" Himchan breaks the silence.

" yeah Channie? "

" Happy birthday . Thank you for always being there for me. For always helping me when I need you. For being a good friend of mine. I am so glad to know you. Know that I will always pray for your happiness alright? Stay handsome ma boy" 

" your boy? Haha. You are right " he chuckled at the wish but happy for it. "Thanks Himchan. I will always be with you when you need me alright?"

 

 

 

"yah Jonghyun. Come and blow your candle" Himchan heard a girl calling him from far. 

 

 

 

"Uuu. I heard someone calling for you. Are you dating with a girl without telling me? Kekeke" Himchan tries to hide her jealousy that suddenly arose from that voice. 

"Haha. Aish. Thats Min Kyung ; Channie. We are with the rest too. I thought to ask you too , but I thought that you are sleeping now" 

" eyy. Its okay. Just have fun okay? I got to go and sleep now too. Calling you just to wish you for your birthday. Take care neh?" Himchan tries to assure him that she is okay. Staying at different college sure makes it hard for them to meet with each other. Perhaps that is why he is not inviting you. Himchan thinks about it that way. 

"Alright. Good night. And thanks Channie " 

 

 

The call is off now. 

Himchan lays down to her bed and put her phone under her pillow. Easier for her to hear the alarm in the morning ; said she in her head. 

"Min Kyung" Himchan whisper to herself and think about that girl. A smart classmate of her , who is chased by everyone because she is so pretty and smart too. Its not that Himchan is not smart     (for Gods sake he is smart enough to enter the best school in Korea lols) but because Himchan tries to be as low profile as possible , despite that she is the representative of the university for gugak music.   (Well..that's considered low profile to Himchan tho.Keke)

The thought passed her eyes and it makes her so tired that makes her lost to her dreamland.

 

 

************

 

Months passed , and Himchan keeps on seeing how close Jonghyun is with Min Kyung. They have their lunch , dinner and even assignments together. Along with that , Minhyuk and Jungshin also tag along with them ; which means , four of them hang out together , always.

Himchan started to space out and starting to feel alone with her feelings towards Jonghyun. It grows up a lot when Jonghyun always pay attention to her stuffs, care to reply to her messagesssss , listening to all whatever conversation that Himchan loves to tell him. Jonghyun is a type of guy who will be a real good friend to you until you don't know whether he is being good to you as a friend or as someone more than that. As for Himchan , for sure she will take the second option as her hope but things seems to be clearer for her now.

Minhyuk once approached Himchan and ask whether Himchan likes his hyung , but of course Himchan will deny it . Himchan also wants to keep that low since for her , her feeling is a secret that she should keep and treasure that herself . However , she also knows that people know it , since OBVIOUSLY Himchan shows that she likes him *sigh* unintentionally. 

 

Himchan stares at her diary again. She has left that diary for quite a while and the last page has Yongguk's name on it. She stares at her diary again and cries as she remember the last time that they contacted each other was a long time ago. "damn , I need to let this out , but how?"

Himchan grabs her sweater and walk down her college , alone. She walks through the buildings and remember how close she was with Jonghyun and how she thinks that she can forget him before she graduating. Lets say that people want to call her weird for not confessing , but Himchan also knows that who is she to force one to like her , when she can obviously see that Jonghyun likes that girl? isnt it? 

Himchan walks and stare at the moving cars on the road. They are so noisy , but that alone cant make her let out the thoughts and move on. She then remember something and started to scroll down her contact number and search for his name. She found it and stare at it again.

"should I call him , or should I not?"  Himchan plays around with her thought and just let her heart decide for it. The screen shows his name and Himchan stares at it until the call is accepted. Himchan said nothing but listen to the voice at the other line.

 

" Hello Channie , long time not hearing anything from you "'

 

Silence . This happened for more than a minute until the latter said again.

 

" Himchan , yah , kuenchana? yah , palli , why are you like this? are you okay? say something. "

She let down her tears that can let him hear it all.

 

" Gukkieeeeee ~~~~~~ " 

" boyaaa , whats up? come tell me , what happened? are you okay? "

" I am not okay , but can you let me cry for a while? "

Yongguk hums to it letting her to cry , but he thinks that it might makes her feel awkward so he said something ....

" errr , do you want me to sing something for you? " 

 

Himchan replied within her sobs and chuckled a bit. "are you sure? you are so cute Gukkie , but why not "

 

Yongguk starts singging with his deep voice. Himchan listen to it and let down her tears while listening to it ... 

 

 

jichigo himi deul ttaen naega neol anajulge (When you’re tired and suffering, I’ll hug you)

ni pyeoni eopdamyeon eonjedeun neol gamssajulge (If no one’s on your side, I’ll embrace you)

nal mideojullae (Trust me) 

kkumeseodo neol mannage (So we can meet in our dreams)

naman barabwa jullae (Only look at me)

neol yeongwonhi saranghalge (I’ll love you forever)

You You You

neoman itdamyeon (If I only have you)

You You You

uri hamkkera (If we’re together)

You You You

neoman isseumyeon dwae (I only need you)

neoui soneul kkok japgo (I’ll hold your hand tightly)

I’m gonna tell you

With You With You (With You With You)

With You With You (With You With You)

With You With You my Channie ~~~~ 

( you can listen to this part at this link : https://youtu.be/LhQ4c-a9wMs?t=2m54s )

 

 

"Told ya that you are going to laugh at me "

" haha , wait , no , you sure make me smile and cry at the same time. and the song is so cheesy lols , where did you hear it? "

" well , ehm ... I composed it , lols , just now? in my head? "

" like seriously? lols , you are better than me who is studying that on its own? "

" well , I am Yongguk. what do you expect from me "  *chuckle*

 

Yongguk can hear Himchan giggle weakly at the other line. He doesnt know what to do but the least was what he did just now. He somehow glad that Himchan can smile a bit.          (well , if you know a person so well , you can tell whether he/she is smiling aint you?)

 

" errr , are you okay now? well , I dont mind if you don't want to tell me but I hope that you are okay at least? for now? "

Himchan stay put for seconds and let do her trust towards what is going to be said to him.

 

" well , do you remember this guy named Jonghyun? "

" ouh , the guy that ...ehmmmm...you like there? yeah , whaddup? "

" he ......... he has someone that he likes now , so I am.....I am....ehm...not okay with this feeling , like seriously , I think its is stupid to feel like this now . I have a lot to focus on right now for God's sake , nam saying? " said Himchan weakly.

" have you confessed to him? "

" I dont think that I should though . Well , compared to the girl , I guess , she wins everything from me "

" well channie , for me , you still the best girl that I know "

" YAH , aigoo , this is not the time for that okay. I am serious now" 

" haha , okay okay , chill baby . but you know that I am also serious about that right? "

"ehmmm" Himchan humming as the answer.

 

Yongguk chuckles a bit and let the moment to be awkward on its own. 

 

" Anywho , I do think that I should let you to date any girl first despite me worrying about things like this myself. "

" hahahaha , why should I? OMG " Yongguk startled by the idea but he plays along.

" well , since ,ehmmmm , well , since you are in dilemma in so many ways that we both understand what it is , like why not you date a girl to make yourself clear about what you think about yourself and be in love? hehe "

Himchan said it nicely but Yongguk knew that she is serious about it. Yongguk also know that he has this one undefine feeling whenever he is with certain someone.....so he decided to be serious as well....

 

"Channie"

"yes"

" Well.......................since you say that , why not .....ehmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm "

" why not what Gukkie? "

" why not..................? "

" what are you trying to say? haha , can't you say it? "    

(what is he trying to say , dont say that he ............... ) Himchan monologue to herself.

 

Yongguk gained his courage and .........

" why not you....................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.........be my girlfriend? "

 

 

 

 

************

A/N :

How's the chapter guys? hehe . I guess that I have to type it longer and make this chapter flows up the idea more , so that the chapter for this will be lesser and come to what I expected it to be. tbh , I do know that the flow of this fanfic is fast but that is how I want it to go (since this is one shot supposedly) . I might go hiatus for a while (will try to make it if I am able to since final exam is around the corner (so sorry guys).

 

Few things to make it clear for this chapter :

1.  the girl is Davichi's Kang MinKyung  (please comment is you wanna argue about my choice of character , lols)

2. The song in the chapter is B.A.P - With You (quoting Yongguk's and Zelo's part) and change it a bit ^^ (trans credit to here )

3. Minhyuk and Jungshin are from CNBLUE too ^^ 

 

4. The conversation of Yongguk and Himchan is not that long since Yongguk already knew about Jonghyun , so yeah. Himchan did tell him about her feelings towards Jonghyun to Yongguk before :)

 

 

alright guys

until next chapter :)

 

Please comment and tell me whatcha think about this ^^

upvote and subscriptions will be appreciated :)

~ thanks ~