The Wish Fountain – His View

I Don't Care About Her/Him

Street lights shine brightly throughout Tokyo and try to push their way through the busy crowd.  Staring at the motion picture displays pinned highly onto the tall modernized buildings, I am not as amazed with such advance advertising technique as the first couple of years.  I only wonder if there would ever be a limit to human creativity.  I know better than to ask anybody with this question because I know all their replies would be the same: “You should know.  You're the game designer here after all.”

“Man, I totally forgot.” Baekhyun stops, “I need to pick out a gift for Taeyeon.  What do you think I should get her?”

“I don't know, that's your problem.” I shrug.  Do I look like his mom?  I'm just a damn game designer, how should I know what gift his girlfriend likes?  Though, I would never tell him that.

“Yo, now I understand what the guys have been saying about you.”  He steps in front of me, “You know what your problem is?”

I stare at him wearily.

“You haven't been yourself.  At first when the guys told me that, I didn't believe it.  I was like, they must be playing me for a fool here.  I mean, we're talking about Park Chanyeol here...the 'Chick Magnet' Park Chanyeol!” his laughter fades, “But now I start to believe them.  So how long since you dated?  Three years ago, maybe a little longer than that?  You're pathetic now that I look at you clearly.  You've changed.”

What?  For not giving him gift suggestions?

“So, people change,” I just shrug it off, “What else is new?”

I could have protest that he is a hypocrite himself.  He is nicknamed the ‘King of Flirts’ and now I don't see him living up to his reputation.  For the last seven years he has stayed in Japan, all he has been telling me about is this Taeyeon girl.  Every time I where did the ‘King of Flirts’ go, he would embarrassingly change the subject.  He is living in denial.  For seven years, he has been tied down to one girl.  For seven years I have known her.  I hate her stupid pair of chocolate eyes.  Why did she leave?  Why did she lie?  Not that I care...Maybe a little, but only because people would write notes before he or she leaves.  Nope, instead of leaving any decent notes, she left me with a freaking lie.

“You know what?  I'm gonna get Taeyeon a present without your help,” he tells me, “We'll just meet back here in half an hour.”

“Yeah, go ahead lover boy,” I reply sarcastically.

I try to remember my reason for coming here besides Baekhyun's constant naggings as I shove my hands into the pockets of my coat.  Out of all the time I could have chosen to come, I chose winter.  One of those magical, romantic times of the year.  My heart laughs a little, remembering how many of my ex-girlfriends enjoy winter with a cup of hot chocolate.  She is similar in a way — her love for winter, and yet disgusts at the taste of hot chocolate and demands for tea instead.  I shake off the thought and level my eyes toward a great, elegant water fountain.  An angel roots in the middle of attention, surrounded by a circle of water.  She holds her palms out together above her head.  A small crystal ball fits rightly in her hands as it rotates.  Water sprinkles from her hands, making the water shines like droplets of diamonds.  I read the sign that sits at the base of the fountain, ‘The Wish Fountain’.  Almost immediately, I take out a coin.  Wait, am I becoming a little gullible to believe this crap?  Turning the coin from side to side, I'm really lost.  I try not to think of her and how she would act when she come across a wish fountain like this one.  She would probably believe this bull completely and probably would drop her entire change purse down into the water, just to make sure her wish would come true.  I try not to smile at the thought...No, I am not going to smile.  That would be stupid.

“God, I miss her...” I close my eyes, “I wish she is here...”

I am a fool, talking nonsense.  Suddenly my hand releases the coin into the water when I feel a push.

Gomenasai!” A teenager around the age of sixteen apologizes and runs toward to his group of friends.

I could only watch on helplessly as the coin falls into the water.  If Baekhyun sees me drop the coin, he would think that I'm some kind of a nut.  Stupid fountain, I will never come here again.

Suddenly something grabs my attention when I pull myself from the fountain.  A girl with long golden brown hair rides with the wind compatibly.  It’s ‘her’.  My eyes never leave her as I cut through the crowd.  Strangers rush against my will.  It is as if time is in favour of slowing me down.  No...Where is she?  I stop alone in a crowd of people again.

“God dammit, there you are!” Baekhyun taps on my shoulder, “Let's go now, I'm starved!”

Is she here all these years?  I can't be dreaming!  That girl has to be her.

“God dammit, you bastard!” Baekhyun tags on my sleeve, “Stop standing here like an idiot already.”

I reluctantly follow Baekhyun to Taeyeon's front door.  In my mind, I try to figure how things could be like if I could go back in time and stop her from ever leaving.  Why the hell did she leave?  More importantly, why did she lie to me?

“What took you so long?” a girl questions Baekhyun as soon as the door swings open. “I thought I told you be home by six!”

“Honey Bun, I'm sorry. Forgive me?” Baekhyun pleads.

I snigger a bit.  “So is this the famous Taeyeon? Baekhyun told me a lot about you.”

“Oh, you must be Chanyeol! Welcome!” Taeyeon greets.  I've never seen anyone's mood changes so fast.  She has been just angry with Baekhyun a moment ago.

“Taeyeon, I think you're out of salt,” a feminine voice calls out.  Strangely, her voice reminds a lot of...

“Taeyeon...” Then all of a sudden she steps out.  It's her!  It's her!  I can't believe this!  Why didn't I come to Japan earlier?

“Gayeon...” that is all I could manage to say.  I smile at her.

“Oh hey...” she responds, “long time no see...”

Why is she frowning?  Dammit, why do I have a feeling that something is not right here?

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:  From now on, you will most likely see two chapters being updated for this story whenever there is an update....the reason being is obvious if you read the next chapter. =D

PS: For those who are also reading my other Chanyeol/Gayeon story ("Unexpected"), in case you might be wondering why I choose to mark this story for "subscribers only", it's because so I can motivate myself to place primary focus on that story instead of this story (after all, I did publish that story first on AFF).  Weird logic, I know.