In Her Mind

I Don't Care About Her/Him

He is just Park Chanyeol, and I don’t care about him.

I never find his smirks attractive or his goofy smiles cute. I do not think he is hot when he takes the time to fix his hair, and I don’t give a damn about his y baby face. I don’t notice his pair of deep brown mysterious eyes that appear as though they possess the power of clairvoyance. This pair of eyes can see through one’s soul when one gazes into them. I never blush or realize how good he smells when he towers more than a head over me, only couple of inches apart.

He is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

I do not go wasting my valuable time writing down “I hope he loves me” on narrow stripes of beautifully designed papers, and then fold them into stars, sealing the words inside. My voice never chokes whenever he comments on how delicious my foods are, and my face never heats up like some silly school girls.

He is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

I was not the first one to visit him at the hospital after he got injured from a car accident. The nurses and doctors were. I never pray or whisper his name, hoping that he will be fine. I never fold cranes and use them to decorate around his bed, while he is still in his deep slumber. I never shed a tear for him even then, only dust invades my eyes. I don’t care for a jerk like him.

He is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

I try my best to avoid witnessing the scene of him holding his new girlfriend’s hand. Don’t get me wrong, I am not jealous. Him, switching to new girlfriends every week simply…simply irritates me. I hate him with all my heart, because he never even say “thank you” whenever I help him to pick out gifts for his girlfriends. I do not steal glances at him and wonder if he will ever look at me in a different light.

He is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

I never give him that soft, quick peck on his cheek when I receive this beautiful silver bracelet from him. I would know that his skin is slightly rougher than mine if I have given him the kiss. Strangely, the bracelet appears like the one he plans to give Krystal. I am not interested to find out why.

He is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

I do not try to convince myself that I never love Minwoo, but it is him to whom my heart truly belongs to. I am positive that I love Minwoo. I never force up any smile or laughter around Minwoo. I never once look back to see his reaction. He is just a friend, and nothing more. So why should I care what he thinks?

He is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

I feel stupid for declining Minwoo’s marriage proposal, and even more stupid for telling him I am marrying soon. It has to be the work load that has caused this sudden mistake. He says nothing as I gaze into his eyes. Merely then, the dust from the air triggers the water pipes in my eyes like every so often. I am not angry or frustrated when he chooses to remain silent.

He really is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

I stare out the airplane window and take a bite of my oatmeal cookie. I decide to take two years off to study in the United States for a CPA designation. I never tell him I will leave on my ‘wedding day’. This is the honest truth. I do not want this story to finish with a happy fairy tale ending, especially with him in the picture. No, I am never provoked by his slow reactions. Having him in the picture will ruin everything, because I don’t love him.

He is Park Chanyeol. He really is just an idiot, and I don’t care about him.

Just an idiot and I don’t care about him.

I don’t care about him.

...Don’t care about him...

...Care about him...from the first day he talked to me...

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:  The real story will begin next chapter.  *Sigh* The editing work is actually quite brutal....