Her Honesty

I Don't Care About Her/Him

I regret initializing this stupid game of hide and seek.  What if he couldn’t find me in time?

I should have been honest with him immediately after Wendy told me what happened.  I could have been honest with him then too when he told me all of that in the dark.  Instead, I’ve chose to hide behind words of an easily crumbled-up piece of paper.

When Wendy has followed me all the way last night just to explain why happened that afternoon and how she has never seen that serious side of him before, I have then realized that I’ve been misjudging him all this time just for my own convenience.

I know that I’ve been pinning everything onto him unfairly because I didn’t want to come to term with the fact that I am lacking in confidence in myself.

He has admitted that he was a coward, but I am more of a coward than he would ever be.  After all, he’s got the courage to admit it out loud, so that’s a start.  I, on the other hand, wonder if I can ever truly change my cowardly ways.

I am the worst.

Seriously, what if he can’t find me?

Should I turn on my phone?  Then I remember, oh right, he doesn’t have my current phone number.

I wonder if he has changed his phone number after all these years.  However, needless to say, I am still too much of a coward to confirm it.

I try to focus my attention on the breathtaking ice lake, trying to calm my frustrating mind.

“Song Gayeon!” A warm chill runs down my back at the sound of his voice.

I stop and, despite my nervousness, I turn around.  He is just several feet from me.

I bit back a smile, due to embarrassment, at the sight of his excited smile.

However, his smile suddenly turns into a disappointed frown within a split second.  That’s when I realize he’s looking at his watch, no longer at me.

Almost immediately, I mirror his action and look down at my own watch and it reads 12:15PM…

I look up again and he’s already turning away.

No, he’s leaving! 

Why out of all the times he could have chosen, he chooses to be serious now?  For a stupid hide and seek game that I’ve proposed?

What should I do?

This is not what I want…

Then, an idea strikes me.

I quickly turn back the minute hand on my watch.

“Wait, Park Chanyeol!”  I hold up my watch.  “You’re on time!”

He gives me a confused look.

“Y-you’re on time…”  I repeat, a bit more nervous than I would like to appear in front of him.

Then finally, after what seems forever, his usual boyish grin is back, just as I hope.

I grin back in relief.

We’re finally on the same page now.

 

 

THE END.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:  Just in case, some of you will not read my Afterword for this story, I thank all of you for reading this story and being patient with my story updates.  I really hope that you've enjoyed this story and hopefully, have learned something from it too.  THANK YOU!!  ^^