Her Luck

I Don't Care About Her/Him

“Sorry, all the other rooms are full.”

“E-excuse me?” The strength in me is beginning to die away.

“Sorry.” The customer service representative apologizes again.

Oh no, a simple apology does not help.  But of course, I know better than to make things difficult for the customer service representative.  I sigh and smile apologetically.  “No, it’s alright.”

However, as much as I hate this, the situation is beyond anybody’s ability to fix—

No, there is one more person who can save me.

~*~

“Well, it’s not like I don’t want to help…” Kangjoon scratches the back of his head.  He is trying to buy time for an excuse again.

“Please!” I clasp my hands together. “Pretty please with a cherry on top?”

“If I give in every time someone gives me the puppy eyes…” He narrows his eyes.  “Don’t you think I would go bankrupt by now?”

Money, money, money.   Is that all he ever think about?  “Seo Kangjoon…” I say warningly.

He puts up one hand.  “Okay, I don’t like sharing room with a girl.”

“But—”

“In case you and for the matter of fact, Kim Taeyeon, haven’t realized – I’m a man.  My house is already overcrowded with women.  Now that I’m away from home, I deserve a breather.”  He emphasizes the last part.

Well, he certainly sounds like a chatty woman for a man.

“Second,” His eyes suddenly spark like that of a child.  “Guess who’s my roommate?”

I roll my eyes at him.  I am not in a good mood already, let alone feeling up for a game of guessing.

“Another Top Thirties Under Thirties – Lee Jongsuk!”

Is it just me or is he squealing like a girl?

Oh nevermind.  “Seo Kangjoon, for the last time, are you going to help me or not?”

“Gayeon-ah…” He hesitates.

“Oppa, please?” I hold onto his arm and stare sadly at him, hoping that he would pity me.  “Please, Oppa?  Oppa?  Onii-chan?”

“Ugh…” He brushes my hand off as if something disgusting has just touched him.  “Please don’t call me that.  It reminds me of that bratty sister of mine.”

“Well, if you don’t want me to call you that, then help me!”

“Actually, good reminder…”

Reminder?  What reminder?

He takes his phone out.  “I better check to see if that brat is out partying instead of studying again.”

“Partying?  Who would go partying in broad daylight?!  H-hey!  Seo Kangjoon!”

My shoulders slump.  Great, there goes my last hope.  What am I supposed to do now?  I can’t share a room with him.  No, anyone but him.

Then, I look down and a gleam of hope is smiling at me.

~*~

It might seem a little silly, but I feel that I can finally relax as I place the last pebble just right in front of the levelled door sill.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m…” That’s strange, why is his voice is close?  The air in my lungs couldn’t be expelled the moment I turn around; our faces are so close that the tip of my nose accidently brushes lightly against his.

Until now, I have never thought how I could see myself being reflected so clearly in his eyes.

Ba dum…ba dum…

I quickly look away, hoping that without him in my direct line of vision my heart would calm down.

“What were you trying to say?” A playful tone is evident in his voice.

It is not too hard for anyone to imagine that he is probably smirking right now.

Ba dum…ba dum…

The sound of my heartbeat seems to be blaring into my ears.

Calm down, calm down!  This idiot clearly has way too much free time to play you like a fool, Song Gayeon.  Don’t let him get to you!

Regaining my composure as I slowly get up, I point to the stones which have formed a clear divide across the room.  “Do not cross this line.” I warn him.

“Why?” He raises an eyebrow.

“B-because I need my personal space.”

“Okay, but the door knob is on your side.”

What?  I look to the door and recognize my miscalculation at once.  If I let him reach over to turn the door, then that’s just the same as if I let him cross the line – disregarding my boundaries.

“Well, I guess you can just open the door for me.” He suggests.

I sigh in relief.

“But,” He smirks, “I better stay closely to you so that I don’t get locked out or in anytime soon.”

“You--!” That’s it!  I grab the pillow off the bed and throw it at him.  I hope that it would hit right on his arrogant face.

Unfortunately, he catches it easily.

“Give it back.” I demand.

“No, it’s on my side so it’s mine now.”

Has he always been this good at provoking others?

I take a step forward and try to reach for the pillow.  “It’s mine to start with, so give it back.”

“No—wait,” He smiles devilishly.  Suddenly, he grabs my wrist and pulls me forward.

My head bumps lightly into his chest.  His signature cologne lingers around my nostrils and my heart begins to pound rapidly once again.

“You crossed over first.” He whispers into my ear.

I feel my face heating up.  I bite on my bottom lip as I close eyes.

Get a grip, Song Gayeon!

I try to push him away, but his grip is too strong.

Why is he doing this?

So, does he truly not see me as a friend anymore?  Am I really just one of those disposable girls that he chases to pass his boredom nowadays?

“Park Chanyeol, let go of me!”

I feel his grip loosens a bit, but just enough so that he can bore his eyes into mine.

I shift my eyes away from his direction; I refuse to let him win.

“Why?” He scoffs.  “So that you can run from me again?”

I freeze at his words.  Run from him?  He certainly thinks highly of himself.  I have not run from him; I have only given myself a chance to start over again – a chance to find love where the feelings are mutual.  I shake my head at his arrogance.  “Let go of me.”

“Then, look into my eyes and say it.  Are you that afraid of me?”  I can feel his hot breath hovering over the outer part of my ear.  He chuckles.  “Are you worried that I might kiss you?  Well, if it’s the case, I supposed you should…because I really do want to kiss you.”

My eyes open wide in shock.  I look up to see his expression.  He is not serious, right?  It has to be an act, because I’m sure he can never see me in that way.  I’m just a joke to him.

But…he lowers his head just as our eyes are finally locked into each other.  I’m not dreaming, right?

“Wow!” A surprised voice comes from the doorway.

As soon as I feel his grip has loosened completely, I push him away.

Darn, it’s Seo Kangjoon and I don’t like his knowing grin one bit.  “I-it’s not—”

“Couldn’t you have visited at a better time?”  Chanyeol asks.  Is that sarcasm in his voice?  I shoot him a glare, but he chooses to ignore me. 

“Sorry, sorry!” Kangjoon quickly apologizes, but he couldn’t seem to stop his smiling.  “I didn’t mean to interrupt…Anyways, don’t mind me.  I am just passing by, so please just continue whatever you were doing.”

I frown.

Just before this tactful friend of mine leaves, I notice that he takes out his phone.

Oh no.  I need to stop him before this big mouth spreads the news.  I call after him, “Hey, Seo Kangjoon!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Sorry for the long delay, but I'm finally out of my writer's blues for this story.  Now that I'm out of the writer's blues, I'll be finishing up this story before I update my other stories.  I'm gonna try to finish this story before the end of this month. =]