Two

Unnie, I am Home

 

One week.

 

Two weeks.

 

We've been waiting for the call from the staffs of Inchen Airport to update us. They are calling to us sometimes but to informed that they can't still find the bodies of our parents as well as the other passengers that drowned in the sea.

 

My sister, Jessica-unnie are still trying to be calmed even though she's full of anxiety and paranoia. As well as for me. I can't sleep at night, thinking that they were all right and they would survive. I can't ease the anxiety that I felt. Sometimes I used to hang-out with my friends, Victoria, Amber, Luna, and Sulli just to forget my problems but when I came back to our home from school, I can't help but to think too much.

 

"Morning Stalie, sit down and eat your breakfast" Jessica-unnie said with her calm but cold voice. I just smiled sheepishly "Morning too unnie" and sit down in the chair and eat my meal. Though the food was delicious, I didn't enjoy eating it because of the worriness that I feel. I tried to finish my meal even though I don't have an appetite to eat.

 

No one dared to speak. The silence wrapped between us. I know that Jessica-unnie is thinking and worried for our parents. We look at each other when we heard the phone ring. Our nanny pick up the phone and gave it to Jessica-unnie.

 

"So what's the update? Did you find anything? Did you find our parents?" she ask. I was just eating my meal while listening to her. Hoping that I can hear a good news from the search and rescue team.

 

"What?!" Jessica-Unnie shouted. Im looking at her face and there's a horror written on her face. She nodded and hung up the phone. 

 

"So what's the news unnie? Did they found our parents?" I ask. I am nervous to what unnie's answer. She look at me with a sadness on her face and automatically, her tears flow down to her cheeks. I think I knew the answer but I need an assurance. Please Sica-unnie, tell me they are still alive.

 

"Stalie" she called up my name then she pause to breathe in then she speak up while her lips are shaking "They said that.. that they found their body and.."

 

"And what?!" please tell me that they are alive.

 

"They were dead when the rescuers found them"

 

I felt dumbfounded when I heard those words. They are what? They were dead? 

 

"No.. it can't be" those words are the words that I managed to speak up. I felt my tears rolling down to my cheeks. No! They were lying! Mom and Dad are still alive.

 

I felt a warm arms wrapped around in my shoulders and I saw Jessica-unnie, hugging me tightly while there was a tears on her eyes. This is the first time that I saw her crying like this. She was still tapping my shoulder while murmuring those words "We're gonna be fine. I am gonna take care of you, just trust me" she said. Those words assured me that she will take care of me from now on.