Omake - Aoyama's Kabedon Report?!

Living Lies (A Kindaichi Hajime X S.T. Aoyama Sho Crossover)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

日本語 101
Japanese 101

Kabedon 壁ドン means pressed against the wall
Nani なに / 何 means What
Chan ちゃん means  little one, an honorific usually reserved for children or people who are close friends or family members
Baka 馬鹿 means Stupid / Idiot 
San さん means Mr, Mrs, A universally to address people out of respect 
Hai はい means Yes
Kami Sama神様 means God

 

It was another day of reading within the office of Yokohama Crime Investigation Section First Division and S.T. Aoyama Sho was bored by the endless documents which the team leader Detective Akechi Kengo had thrown to her for analysis. And that stupid Kindai-baka had also agreed to help out. 

"Surely it says a lot about their abilities if they needed extra help from that Kindai-baka and me!" Aoyama Sho yawned and rubbed her eyes tiredly, "this is so boring..."

Slipping off the desk she was sitting on while reading the piling documents, Aoyama Sho decided to do a little exploring in the office, ignoring the fact that Detective Akechi had specifically said that she was not supposed to wander in the office.

The rule declared by Akechi was perhaps the only saving grace for the Yokohama Crime Investigation Section First Division office because it was widely known among the occupiers within the office that Aoyama had the markings of a great hurricane. Anywhere the young Profiler visited would soon be turned into a land of debris by the said profiler.

As such Inspector Kenmochi Isamu had commanded their men to leave the office desk clear of any paperwork before leaving for the day.

Unfortunately, it was the exact command which made Aoyama Sho unable to focus on her given task.

The office was too clean and tidy, something which she hated most...

 Which was why Kindaichi Hajime bought and surrounded her with boxes of doughnuts on the desk which she was sitting at earlier on.

Spotting a magazine left forgotten on one of the desks, Aoyama hopped happily towards it.

What people do not realize was that their choice of reading material could say a lot about them.

"Kabedon Special Edition?" Aoyama read out loud the bright cutey words found on the lady magazine which was left on the desk, "Kabedon? Ah... the new thing that has many girls fell crazy for recently?"

"Kabedon is the process where a man hitting his hand against the wall, pinning the woman against the wall," Aoyama Sho read on while waving her hand, imitating the process and wondered, "this action is used to express romantic love or adoration between man and woman?"

Looking closely at the photo of examples given by the magazine, Aoyama Sho was still very much confused, how could that action consider romantic? It reminded her so much of police catching up with the perps and securing them.   

"The action can cause different actions among different people and would say a lot about their unspoken thoughts," A conclusion liner caught her attention and left her smirking in thoughts.

"This sounds fun," Aoyama Sho laughed to herself as she planned her list of to be Kabedon-ed victims.

Unknown to her, a pair of eyes were on her the whole time...

Investigation File of Aoyama Sho - Kabedon Reactions 1

Target Number One: Kenmochi Isamu

Kenmochi Isamu was reading his file quietly to himself when all of a sudden, he felt a glaring presence upon him. 

Looking up from his desk, Aoyama Sho was standing in front of his desk looking bright and earnestly at him.

"Nani?" The shocked inspector blinked his eyes in confusion and concern, "do you need any help Aoyama-chan?"

A great departure from the usual commanding manner of the young profiler made the fatherly inspector worried.

"Ne, Kenmochi-san," Aoyama Sho called out in her most polite manner with her best imitation of the wide eyes innocent look of puss-in-boots, causing Kenmochi further alarm, "do you think you can stand against the wall for me?"

"Hai, hai~" Nodding vigorously, Inspector Kenmochi immediately heed her words and walked to the nearest wall.

Whether she realized it or that, with those round pitiful eyes of hers, Aoyama Sho could easily convince anyone to obey her, Kenmochi noted to himself.

It was no brain-teaser why Kindaichi Hajime fell for it time and again,

Step One: Get Subject to the wall. 
Aoyama Sho grinned to herself happily at the achievement of phase one, "Bingo!"

Step Two: Hit the wall with one hand and edge inwards, pinning the subject against the wall.

With one smooth smack, Aoyama Sho hit the wall behind Kenmochi and moved closer to him, forcing the confused inspector to press himself against the wall.

"Nani? Nani?" Kenmochi cried out in surprise as the young profiler edged closer to him, "Are you not feeling well, Aoyama-chan?"

Step Three: Peer down into the eyes of the subject.

'Peer down?' Aoyama Sho frowned at the difficulty of the action and improvised by looking up to meet the confused eyes of Kenmochi Isamu instead.

Staring eyes to eyes, Aoyama Sho waited for the romantic feelings mentioned in the magazine, however, none came. 

"Baka, you are no fun!" The young profiler declared disappointedly and hopped off without any explanation.

"What just happened?" A wide-eyes inspector Kenmochi stared at the young profiler who wandered off again into the office of Detective Akechi.

Taking a deep breath, Inspector Kenmochi started to walk to his desk, only to meet a pair of fiery eyes instead.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?" The boy, no MAN in front of him growled at him, swallowing hard, all Inspector Kenmochi could to was to deny by shaking his head vigorously in denial. 

He would swear if needed, he was innocent! Please do not kill him... Kindaichi!

Investigation File of Aoyama Sho - Kabedon Reactions 2

Target Number Two: Akechi Kengo

Just as any analysist, Aoyama Sho knew the importance of learning from her past fail attempt. 

In her previous experiement, she learned that the height difference between subject and her matter, hence she would try another way to overcome it. After all, she is a member of the S.T., nothing could ever stop them in the name of Science!

"And fun" Aoyama whispered to herself softly.

'Kabedon is all about the element of surprise,'' the author of the article wrote in the magazin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter