The Great Escape

Living Lies (A Kindaichi Hajime X S.T. Aoyama Sho Crossover)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
日本語 101
Japanese 101

Baka 馬鹿 means Stupid / Idiot 
Chan ちゃん means little one, an honorific usually reserved for children or people who are close friends or family members
San さん means Mr, Mrs, A universally to address people out of respect 
Kun 君 means an honorific for male 
Wa kawai kunai は可愛くない means are not adorable

 

Poking the tender darken skin around his both eyes lightly with his fingers, Kindaichi Hajime winced as the shock of pain sensation and sound of snickering laughter assaulted his senses. It did not take much for one to come to the conclusion that he had set himself up for that punishment and by playing the prank on the sleeping young profiler.

“Aoyama-san really likes that Kindai-Panda look on you, doesn’t she?” Inspector Kenmochi grinned laughingly at the young detective with a raised eyebrow hinting to Kindaichi his unmentioned ‘I did warn you, didn’t I?’ message.

With an eye-roll, Kindaichi Hajime turned away from Inspector Kenmochi’s jeering look, only to meet Detective Akechi’s teasing eyes.

“Was that kid trained in martial arts as well? It seems like quite a punch coming from that kid.” Detective Akechi Kengo mused out aloud as he tapped his chin in wonder with a slight smile. 

To Kindaichi's irritation, the rarely impressed Detective Akechi actually sounded in awe of the young profiler because of the fact that she had managed to land not one but two punches on his face.

“It’s Kurosaki-san,” The young detective sulked with a loud huff at Inspector Kenmochi and Detective Akechi’s statements and mumbled out softly, “Sho-chan said that the S.T. Martial Arts expert was quite determined to ensure that she is able to defend herself when needed to since she is the youngest and smallest in the team.”

At the mention of Kurosaki Yuji, Detective Akechi nodded in approval, “that man is a legend when it comes to martial arts. But I don't blame him for wanting to make sure that Aoyama picked up some self-defence skills since that kid is nothing but a trouble magnet.”

“More like if she meets a like you, you mean!” Inspector Kenmochi taunted Kindaichi while patting his shoulder laughingly, "but I have to clarify, Aoyama-san is not just a simple trouble magnet, she is a big troublemaker as well! Her carelessness often landed herself in grave danger and often scared the hell out of me."

Growling in displease, Kindaichi Hajime glared at the laughing Inspector for his unwanted inputs and tried to change the topic of discussion back to Aoyama Sho instead of him, "which is the exact reason why Sho-chan should never be left alone at all! Who knows what kind of mischief that girl could come up with this time even when she's being hospitalized!"

The three men paused to exchange a look of uncertainties as they tried to predict what the young profiler would do this time to punish them for forcing her to remain in the hospital.

They still remembered how she y trapped them by arranging pails of water to pour on them the moment they entered her room a couple of days ago. It was one of the oldest tricks ever and they fell for it like an amateur. But the worst part of the worst was she not only caught them at their worst and had recorded the whole process and uploaded the video for all to see, making them the latest joke in the police department. 

"She did say that she will stop setting up traps for us, right?" Inspector Kenmochi scratched his head in doubt. He hoped that the kid would live up to her side of the bargain when he had gone all way out to help her with her special request.    

"She did surprisingly," Kindaichi assured the old inspector with a slight smile, "saying that she has other things to do than to set traps on baka policemen." 

Detective Akechi looked on with a curious gleam in his eyes as he pressed on for more information from Kindaichi, "did she mention what other things she's doing?" 

Kindaichi Hajime blinked his eyes at Detective Akechi's question as he tried to recall the last conversation he had with the young profiler, "no, I didn't ask her about it. But she was saying that she has found something new to play with." 

"You deserved to be hit by her," Detective Akechi replied coldly with a smirk, "maybe she is right, after all, you are truly a baka for not finding out more. Haven't you realized by now that that kid is not normal? She has the strangest concepts about doing things and a talent in getting herself into trouble or worst killed! That wild child should never be allowed to run about, she's a danger to herself and everybody else. No wonder Akagi Samon kept her on desk duties most of the time."

"Wasn't him the one who accused Akagi-san of molly-cuddling her in the first place?" Kindaichi faked whispered to Inspector Kenmochi with a grin, earning himself a glare from the said detective.   

"Shut up, Kindai-Panda! Shouldn't you be in a zoo instead?" The detective uttered in displease as he reminded Kindaichi of his new look again.  

Rolling his eyes, Kindaichi supposed that he should have known that the revengeful Aoyama Sho did not intend to let him forget his punishment anytime soon when she chose to make the aftermath his punishment visible to everyone. 

And as a brilliant profiler, she would have guessed that both Detective Akechi and Inspector Kenmochi would never have let him forget his punishment by teasing him endlessly.

For someone as small as Aoyama, Kindaichi Hajime would never have thought of her being capable of gifting him a black eye physically, but he was very wrong about his initial thinking because the young profiler could easily swing a mean hook if the occasion called for it. 

Apparently, Kurosaki Yuji had thought that it would be good for the young profiler and Yukki Midori to be taught a trick or two about self-defence, even though the female members of S.T. were rarely called to attend any mission.

And it was probably a blessing for Kurosaki that Aoyama Sho found martial arts interesting enough then to pick up a couple of tricks. Everyone in S.T. knew how prickly the young profiler was about learning things. If it was not something that at least interested her at that moment, Aoyama Sho would never be bothered to learn no matter how important the skill might have been. But once she decided to learn anything, the perfectionist in her would ensure that she would be the best or at least on par with the one who taught her.

That scary competitive side of her personality was revealed to Kindaichi when he was telling her about how he climbed up a tree to avoid detection by a criminal in one of his case. The young profiler had insisted for him to teach her how to climb a tree because she thought that tree climbing was a fun thing to learn then.

Kindaichi Hajim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter