Counting Down: An Interlude

Living Lies (A Kindaichi Hajime X S.T. Aoyama Sho Crossover)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  日本語 101
Japanese 101

Baka 馬鹿 means Stupid / Idiot 
Chan ちゃん means little one, an honorific usually reserved for children or people who are close friends
  (72 Hours Later)

“Did we make the right choice?” Kindaichi Hajime swallowed hard upon hearing the cries of accuses in the air, “It is beginning to feel like we have sent Sho-chan on an impossible mission.”

 

Staring ahead, a muscle at the side of his lip twitched as Akagi Samon breathed in deeply without a word; it was a sight that he never wanted to witness or be part of.

“Not impossible, no S.T. member has ever failed a mission,” the cold leader in him gave his promise just as easily as his assistant leader; they would never fail a mission, no matter how high the cost would be.

Exchanging a silent understanding look with the rest of the S.T. members, the team knew what was expected of them and was ready for the ultimate showdown, the call for revenge for one of their own.  

Aoyama Sho had uttered the safe sentence which placed S.T. on their guard for the worst case scenario. To those who knew Aoyama Sho, the teasing question, “why so serious?” sounded like something the irresponsible young profiler would say in the nick of seriousness, but to the member of the elite S.T., it held a different meaning.

It was a coded farewell message to all the members of the Scientific TaskForce, an agreement which they had made right from the beginning but never ever dreamed of using it. They had never thought that it was possible to be in the frontline, or that anyone would ever trust them enough to handle a matter of life and death.

It was in jest when they each gave themselves a safe sentence so as to inform their fellow members of the unexplained danger he or she foresighted to be in. Nobody thought that any one of them would ever use it at all. Because who in the right mind would ever trust S.T. enough to put them in such a dangerous position?

Blinking back tears, Yuuki Midori bit her lower lip to stop herself from screaming out at the unfairness of things as she continued her battle to control of the CCTV system. Her beloved little sister was supposed to be protected at all time by them, not walking into danger with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter