Appearance of the Dark Prince

Living Lies (A Kindaichi Hajime X S.T. Aoyama Sho Crossover)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  日本語 101
Japanese 101

Baka 馬鹿 means Stupid / Idiot 
Chan ちゃん means little one, an honorific usually reserved for children or people who are close friends
Jigoku no Kugutsushi 地獄の傀儡師 means The Puppeteer From Hell
Oji 王子 means Prince
Hime 姫 means Princess
Sama 様 means a more respectful version of san for people of a higher rank
San さん means Mr, Mrs, A universally to address people out of respect 
Kun 君 means gentleman, an honorific which someone of senior status used to address one of junior status (in story context)  

It would have been unbelievable to the point of incredible if anyone witnessed him, standing here, in this place of dirt and filth, the young man frowned in displease. His presence in this area is a total sore thumb sticking out. Dressed in the priciest black silk shirt decorated with a pair of pure silver elegant looking cufflink and tailored black trousers, his dressing screamed out loud to anyone that he was no average man. His thick and lustrous dark chocolate hair was tastefully tousled to project a subtle casualness to match his somewhat feminine facial features despite his formal wear.

At the age of 27 years old, with his gentleman image, the young heir of the Kamiki Technologies, Kamiki Ryunosuke is said to be every girl’s ideal man but one and it has frustrated him largely. Any girl would have seen him as a potential mate but his rightful fiancée marked him firmly as an untouchable territory with that dreadful childhood nickname, ‘Miki’ since she first mistook him for a girl at first sight.

With his carefully sculpted thin eyebrows, long thick eyelashes, flawless porcelain skin and a childish colourful Mickey Mouse basketball cap hiding most of his features, he could never blame her for thinking that he was a girl at the age of 6. His young fiancée was too deeply charmed by Mickey Mouse to see the glaring mistake. She was not the first to think of him as a girl at first sight, but most would not be brave enough to utter it out. Even after they hit puberty age and were growing fine into their age, she had never seen him as a guy.  

“Mikki is different from other boys, Mikki is Mikki.” she would insist whenever he asked about how she felt about him every time.

As much as he hated being named as ‘Mikki” because of the idea of being named after an infamous century old mouse, he was delighted that that old mouse provided him with the opportunity to be in a place when nobody else had been.

He was the first person ever to be granted the brightest and most innocent smile from his ever graceful but aloof fiancée. That smile coupled with the fact that he was the only person whom she would ever greet intimately with a nickname, made Kamiki felt that he was special to her in her own quirky manner.

He never believed in love at first sight, nor did he put any stock in the rubbish their parents fed him about how their joining would bring both families to greater heights. He knew that their parents were merely using them as tools to strengthen their businesses. He would never have cared for anyone his parents matched him with, but he realized at a young age that she was different from the rest of the girls he had met.

Kamiki Ryunosuke never had a possessive side before seeing that smile, but when he did, he knew that she was destined to be marked his when he approached their families with his plan at the age of 10.   

To him, it was the simplest logic ever.

He was the only one who could see her, the real her, the childishness, the silliness, the playfulness, the willfulness, the kindness because they were all too busy to force feed her with training which she would painstakingly take on wordlessly.

He was meant to be her childhood friend, confidant, protector, fiancé and everything rolled into one until she heartlessly disappeared without a trace from his world.  

He might have been a perfect prince charming to everyone, but those who thought they knew him never know that he has a dark and unforgiving side to his personality. And those who had seen that side of his never lived long enough to tell his secret.

Kimiki Ryunosuke smiled darkly as the man he was supposed to meet approached him.   

“Ah… the dark prince finally shows his true face,” the internationally known criminal, Jigoku no Kugutsushi greeted with an equally ominous smirk, “I felt that I should feel sorry for the young heiress to be caught in-between Kindaichi and my feud but it was her own lies which weaved this web of deceit isn’t it?”

At the mentioned of the young detective’s name, Kimiki Ryunosuke’s expression was twisted with pure hatred, “I want that fool to be in a state worse off than death for daring to touch her. I want him destroyed at any cost, Takato. Just bring her back to me and you will get everything you desire.”

Takato Yoichi looked on thoughtfully at the young man as he scanned the heir for any signs of uncertainty, “surely you are not going to forgive her for her deceit? You don’t seem like the kinds of a man who will forgive unconditionally even for the one you love.”   

“Love?” Kimiki laughed cruelly, “Whoever said anything about love? I am merely making a stand. She belongs to me, period. And it’s something she should have been told since young; I am only reinforcing that knowledge to her. Nobody can ever take anything from me without my permission, not even her.”

At the young man’s declaration, Takato Yoichi stared hard him for a brief moment before shaking his head laughingly, “you are one very twisted man, my dear prince.”

During the first meeting, Takato Yoichi would have thought of the young prince as a heartbroken young man when he first appeared so helpless and pleading Jigoku no Kugutsushi for help. But that illusion soon faded when Takato shared his finding of the missing heiress and the young S.T. profiler.

He would have thought of the young prince being thankful for finding his fiancée, but he was horribly mistaken by his first impression. Kamiki Ryunosuke was enraged when he realized that where his fiancée had been and who she was spending her time with all these years when he was away for his education.

Instead of being amused by how she had everyone around her fooled or angered by how she has placed herself in danger repeatedly, the young heir was more upset that she grew to care for others. The fact that she learned to care for other people aside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter