The Missing Ojou-sama

Living Lies (A Kindaichi Hajime X S.T. Aoyama Sho Crossover)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

日本語 101
Japanese 101

Ojou-sama お嬢様 means Young Mistress
Baka 馬鹿 means Stupid / Idiot 
Mou もう means Again?
Minna 皆 means Everyone
Riji-kan 理事官 means Main Investigating Commanding Officer
Desu です means Am
Matte 待って means Wait
 

Location: National Police Agency (Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department) Forensic Science Institute Scientific Task-Force (S.T.) Lab

Time: 8.30am

Captain Yurine Tomohisa was greeted with a strange sight when he entered the ST Lab today. It was considered strange because if it was any other day, all of his S.T. members would have been scattered around in their individual workstations. But today, the three S.T. scientists, Kurosaki Yuji, Yamabuki Saizo and Yuuki Midori appeared to be conducting some sort of experiment on the desk of Aoyama Sho, their resident profiling expert.  

“What are you three….” Yurine Tomohisa was about to finish his question with a ‘staring at’ when he too, became speechless at the sight of Aoyama’s desk. It was unbelievably neat that he almost wanted to weep at the sudden growth of maturity in the baby kid of S.T..

“I can’t believe it! After talking to Aoyama for more than a year, she has finally decided to clean up her desk,” Yurine whispered in disbelief to himself.

“Baka, Cap! You missed the point completely again!” Yuuki Midori who had overheard his words, could not help but utter the same word as Aoyama would have done so with an eye roll.

“Mou… Midori-san, not you too?” Yurine scratched his head embarrassed by her words. It was embarrassing enough that both Akagi Samon and Aoyama Sho were constantly seeing him as the fool in the ST, and now the others too were sharing the same sentiment as them.

“You’re a Baka,” Yamabuki Saizo smiled good-naturedly at him while delivering his support for Yuuki Midori; he too could only be amused by how slow-witted their captain can be at times.

“Baka,” A man of few words, Kurosaki Yuji repeated the word of his partner, Yamabuki.

Kurosaki was not someone who would judge anyone harshly, but even he too has begun to think Aoyama Sho might have really had him pegged to a T when she called him Baka since the first moment she met him. After all, who was he to argue with their profiling expert? 

“Wahh…. Minna….how could all of you call me Baka at the same time…” Yurine Tomohisa moaned in depression. His position as their commander was often easily overlooked by their own members that he was known to everyone in the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department (T.M.P.D) as the weakling commander of S.T..

It did not help his ruined reputation when everybody knew that he often looked up to Akagi Samon and Aoyama Sho for their brilliant inputs when solving crimes. But, nevertheless, he was also known as the one who was foolish enough to place himself as the watchdog for the two exceptionally freakish geniuses. 

“You are really a Baka!” Akagi Samon, the forensic scientist and team leader of S.T., who was watching from the doors could no longer keep his silence after witnessing the foolishness of his partner, “haven’t you learned anything from Aoyama all these while? You’re hopeless!”

“Eh…. Learned anything from Aoyama?” Yurine looked at Akagi Samon in surprise, “surely you are not talking about a crime scene, right? We are simply discussing the state of Aoyama's desk.”

Akagi Samon shook his head at Yurine’s question and sighed to himself, it was always during such times, he would learn to appreciate Aoyama more than usual because that kid never needed him to explain anything.

“I’m going out!” Yuuki Midori smirked at the hopelessly clueless Yurine and decided to hand over a piece of paper with that dreaded sentence written in that trademark big childish scribble of Aoyama to their team leader Akagi Samon instead. If there was anyone who could understand the hidden message behind Aoyama's words, it could only be Akagi Samon.

“What a stubborn willful kid!” Akagi Samon pinched the bridge of his nose in displease as he read the message, yet the bulk of his anger was not directed at the kid he described as willful, “escaping from reality isn’t really such a good option at all. Haven’t you learned from all my experiences? Of everyone to learn from in this team, you have to pick up all my bad habits?”

Grim smiles was exchanged among the three S.T. scientists when Akagi made his observation to confirm their guess. They had known that it was a sooner or later thing that Aoyama would flee the scene judging from her recent inattentiveness, but they had no indication that it would be that soon.

Especially not after the young profiler made the request to visit a newly opened doughnut store with them yesterday. 

“Escaping?” Yurine Tomohisa almost screamed out when revealed, “why is Aoyama escaping? She has nothing to worry at all, does she?”

Despite her seeming rudeness, Yurine had grown to see her as a sensible good kid who hid herself behind her arrogance. Very much similar yet unlike the unfeeling Akagi Samon who he was beginning to believe that that man was born with an evil tongue.

“The effort to clean her desk is a sign that she is planning not to return,” Yuuki Midori explained calmly but with obvious distress in her eyes. Everyone knew that Aoyama was considered as a baby sister to her. The one kid whom she would never fail to attempt to cheer up whenever she spotted that melancholy look in Aoyama’s eyes when no one else seems to notice.

“Ignorance is bliss…” Yamabuki Saizo comforted the worried Yurine, “people are often contented to live in ignorance unless they are the one affected, yet those who are most affected will often yearn for the moment of bliss by pretending to be ignorance.”

“Aoyama tried very hard, too hard,” Kurosaki Yuji nodded at his partner’s words and added his observations. It was not surprising that the quietest member of the team was the one who picked up the smallest clues.         

With a determined glint in his eyes, Akagi Samon took out his mobile phone and started typing a message on his phone without explaining to anyone on the scene. 

‘If Aoyama is truly like me, my message would serve as something to keep her focused rather than running around aimlessly', Akagi Samon thought to himself. It was a tug-of-war to Akagi, as he hoped that the young profiler was nothing like him, but at the same time, if she was anything like him, he would know how to bring her back.

As a leader, there was nothing much emotional he could offer to his teammates. Unlike Yurine, he was never good at comforting people, especially not Aoyama Sho. While he knew that he often demanded a lot more from the young profiler than what he would expect from the rest, Akagi Samon could not bring himself to stop pushing the young profiler. It was not easy to meet someone of like-minded and he truly appreciated it. But there was always something about Aoyama Sho which often agitated him. He did not agree with Aoyama's way of hiding from her own issues, but could not offer her a better solution. Because he was once in her shoes as well, hiding from the reality and his fear of people.

The only plus point was that everyone else was on-site to look out for her whenever anything went wrong. He could never buy Aoyama her favourite food like Yuuki or Yamabuki whenever she was feeling down or comfort the young profiler like Yurine did, or keep a lookout for the kid quietly as what Kurosaki would do so every time. But at the very least, he could surround the young profiler with people who cared for her.

But one thing for sure, Akagi Samon understood Aoyama Sho perfectly well, because they were two of the same kind. The desperate geniuses who pushed themselves too much to try to fit in and always messed things up. He messed up at his former workplace while she lived a messed up life at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter