Chapter 3

[HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE] Beauty and the Beasts
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                chapter three     

[INDENT] Eunmi slowly opened her eyes as she looked around at her surroundings. She was in a vehicle, and she turned to see Minhyuk whistling a tune while driving along the freeway. Suddenly, everything that happened to Eunmi within the past few hours hit her. She screamed and cowered in my seat, whimpering.

[INDENT] She could feel the truck swerve onto the right shoulder of the freeway. Minhyuk quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and scrambled towards Eunmi. "Eunmi-noona, are you alright?! What's wrong?!" He asked as he shook her.

[INDENT] Eunmi screamed, "No! Eunhyuk can't take me back! No! Where is he?!" She frantically searched for Eunhyuk in the truck, but he wasn't there.

[INDENT] Minhyuk quickly embraced Eunmi with a hug. "Noona, calm down. He's not here." He whispered. Slowly, she started to calm down.

[INDENT] "Mianhae, Minhyuk-ssi. I was just scared. I couldn't remember what happened after I out, and then I remembered Eunhyuk, and then--"

[INDENT] Minhyuk looked at Eunmi in the eye. "Shhh, noona. Everything's going to be alright. Eunhyuk-ssi knows nothing of this. And mianhae that you fainted in the container. I was so worried about you, but Eunhyuk-ssi kept on talking..."

[INDENT] Eunmi softly smiled and hugged Minhyuk back. "Thanks, dongsaeng."

[INDENT] She heard him mumble, "Yeah, you're welcome, noona." They let go of each other and Minhyuk started up the truck.

[INDENT] The two were silent once they were on the road, but the sky became darker. Minhyuk got off the freeway and they stopped at a gas station. "Mianhae, noona, but this is the farthest I can take you." Minhyuk said.

[INDENT] Eunmi smiled and replied, "Gwenchana, Minhyuk-ssi. I can hitch a ride." The two opened the truck's doors, hopped out of the truck, and got her luggage. "Gomawo, Minhyuk-ssi. You've done so much to help me. Hopefully, we--"

[INDENT] Minhyuk smirked and put his pointer finger on her lips. "Save the farewells for later, noona. Right now, I want to help you find a ride." She stood next to the truck waiting for Minhyuk as he went inside the little gas station store.

[INDENT] As if on cue, a man about a few years older than Eunmi stepped out of his large dark green truck to fill up his gas tank. She stared at him and was awed by his handsomeness. Suddenly, he turned and saw Eunmi staring at him. Her face immediately reddened and quickly looked down at her feet until she heard footsteps and someone clearing his throat. Eunmi shyly looked up to see the handsome man staring and smiling at her. "Excuse me, miss, but I've noticed that you've been staring at me." She nodded slightly as her heart started to beat rapidly. Eunmi saw him glance at her luggage beside her. "Do you need a ride, miss?" He asked. "I'd be happy to give you one."

[INDENT] Before she could even reply, a voice bellowed, "Get away from her!" The two turned to see an angry Minhyuk.

[INDENT] Eunmi started to say, "Min--"

[INDENT] But Minhyuk stomped his way towards the man, and angrily said, "Leave now, or I'll call the cops on you."

[INDENT] The man slowly walked away from Eunmi and Minhyuk and stated, "Chill, dude. I only wanted to give her a ride, but now I see that I'm not needed. Sorry." He briskly walked away and hopped into his truck.

[INDENT] Then, Eunmi heard someone yell out, "Annyeong, Doojoon-ssi! Have a safe trip back home, and tell your umma that I said hi!"

[INDENT] "Ne, halmonim!" The man yelled back as he started up his truck's engine and drove away.

[INDENT] After what seemed like hours, the owners of the gas station walked out of the little store and locked it. They looked like they were about seventy years old, but their movements showed that they were healthy and active as the elderly husband and wife playfully joked with each other. Eunmi softly smiled at the couple as they approached Eunmi and Minhyuk.

[INDENT] Minhyuk immediately walked up to them. "Annyeonghasaeyo, halmonim and halapojinim!" He bowed to them, and Eunmi immediately bowed to them as well.

[INDENT] "Oh, annyeonghasaeyo!" The old man greeted the two with a hearty chuckle. "Mianhae if we took so long."

[INDENT] Minhyuk chirped, "It's alright, sir! Waiting was no problem at all."

[INDENT] Eunmi gave Minhyuk a look. What was he planning?, she wondered.

[INDENT] The grandmother turned to Eunmi. "Omo, is this your friend? My, she's a pretty girl!" The latter immediately blushed and bowed at the elderly couple.

[INDENT] "Annyeonghasaeyo, cho neun Eunmi-imnida!"

[INDENT] The grandfather let out another hearty chuckle before saying, "Annyeong, Eunmi-ssi. Your friend Minhyuk already introduced yourself to us. He says that you needed a ride into town?"

[INDENT] Eunmi gave a stern glare at Minhyuk, but he turned and whistled innocently. She turned back to the elderly couple and said, "Yes, please!"

[INDENT] "Well, hop right in! You can take the back seat if you like," The grandfather said in a jolly tone as he opened the doors of his and his wife's maroon pick-up truck.

[INDENT] Minhyuk placed Eunmi's luggage in the back of the truck. "Noona," he called out, "I put your bag in the back, araso?"

[INDENT] "Araso!"

Please log in to read the full chapter