Chapter 13

[HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE] Beauty and the Beasts
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                                                                                                                            previous chapter re-cap     

Eunmi sees wolves attacking the sleuth of bears, but her body gives out before Dongwoon comes to save her. Dongwoon becomes Eunmi's savior while the rest of his brothers hold off the sleuth long enough for Dongwoon to return to the mansion. Meanwhile, he ponders over how Eunmi had gotten inside the forest (that was heavily barricaded by a stone wall). When everyone is back in the mansion safe and sound, the men try to find a way to bring Eunmi back to health. They all think of one person...

​                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           chapter thirteen     

[INDENT] "Doojoon..."

[INDENT] "Gina..."

[INDENT] The two stood there frozen in time, trying to take in each other's presence. Gina felt a soft pricking at her heart as she stared into Doojoon's eyes. She was once in love with those eyes, but now they seemed so foreign to her.

[INDENT] "C'mon, noona! We don't have much time to waste!" Dongwoon said as he pulled on Gina's hand, leading her to an unknown room. He knocked on the door, and Gina could hear a muffled "come in!" from inside. Kikwang slowly opened the door, allowing him, Dongwoon, and Gina enter the room.

[INDENT] Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Yoseob looked up from the unknown girl on the bed. "Noona!" Yoseob said excitedly as he ran up to Gina to hug her.

[INDENT] "Hey, you!" Gina said with a bright smile. She hugged the blond boy. "How are you?"

[INDENT] Junhyung sighed. "We would be better if she wasn't in this state..." He nudged towards the sleeping girl.

[INDENT] "Who... is she?" Gina asked cautiously.

[INDENT] "She's Mr. Hwang's granddaughter." Hyunseung softly said. He stared at the girl in such a soft gaze that Gina didn't doubt his feelings towards the girl.

[INDENT] Gina asked again, "What happened to her? Why is she like this?"

[INDENT] "Junhyung-squared will inform you. Do you think you can bathe her so she's at least clean?" Yoseob asked.

[INDENT] Gina nodded furiously. "Yes, definitely! Good thing you told me to bring most of my stuff with me..."

[INDENT] "Okay, Junhyung, please carry Eunmi to the bathroom." Hyunseung instructed. "And no inappropriate touching!"

[INDENT] Junhyung rolled his eyes. "Why do you have to be such a killjoy, hyung?" he muttered under his breath as he walked up to the bed. He scooped up Eunmi's lifeless body and made his way to the door. Kikwang and Dongwoon got out of the way, and Gina trailed behind Junhyung to the bathroom.

[INDENT] After shutting the bathroom door, Gina put down her things by the bathtub and took Eunmi from Junhyung's arms. She was awfully light, which wasn't particularly a good sign. Gina knelt down by the bathtub and started to undress Eunmi. "So, tell me about her."

[INDENT] Junhyung started to tell Gina about how she randomly appeared in front of the mansion, saying that she was Mr. Hwang's granddaughter. After a brief checking, it was confirmed that she was indeed his granddaughter. Junhyung also told Gina about how Yoseob accidentally revealed that Eunmi graduated as an excellent college student at such a young age. "She's really quiet and shy." Junhyung stated. "But if you get to know her, she's quite--"

[INDENT] "Junhyung, what are these... welts on her back?"

[INDENT] Gina stared at the angry large brusies on the girl's pale back. How could something like this happen to such a lovely-looking girl? How could something like this happen to anyone? "Junhyung, tell me." Gina said as she looked directly at him.

[INDENT] "Well..."

[INDENT] A voice sounded in Junhyung's head, "If you tell her, she'll tell Doojoon for sure."

[INDENT] "Is Hyunseung talking to you again?" Gina said, annoyed. "I know when he's talking to you."

[INDENT] Junhyung sighed. "Yes..."

[INDENT] "Don't say it, Junhyung!" Hyunseung protested. "This was only supposed to be between you and me! If everyone knew, they'd think we're a bunch of creeps!"

[INDENT] "Nope, just you, hyung."

[INDENT] Hyunseung growled at Junhyung's back-talk. "Your death by Doojoon-hyung then" was the last thing he said before he left Junhyung's mind.

[INDENT] "Are you guys done now?" Gina asked as she finally got the last article of clothing off Eunmi. She gently laid Eunmi's body in the bathtub and the water.

[INDENT] Junhyung grumbled. "Yes... it's a wonder how you know me so well, noona."

[INDENT] Gina only chuckled. "That's because you're my favorite out of the pack."

[INDENT] "T-thanks, noona." Junhyung said as he slightly blushed.

[INDENT] "So, are you going to tell me or what?" Gina inquired as she started to wash Eunmi's hair.

[INDENT] "Well, Hyunseung accidentally let his powers slip while helping out Eunmi and--"

[INDENT] Gina stopped massaging shampoo into Eunmi's scalp momentarily and looked at Junhyung. "What do you mean 'helping out Eunmi?'"

[INDENT] "Uh... he was helping her unwrap the bandages over the welts on her back..."

[INDENT] "WHAT?!" Gina hissed, trying not to wake Eunmi. "What was he doing there in the first place?"

[INDENT] Hyunseung was probably going to cut Junhyung's tongue in his sleep, but he didn't care; he was in too deep anyway. "He was just passing by Eunmi's room when Eunmi asked him."

[INDENT] "Mmhmm..." Gina murmured as she continued to shampoo Eunmi's scalp. "And then?"

[INDENT] "He looked into her eyes... and his powers 'accidentally' slipped." Junhyung said while making air quotes w

Please log in to read the full chapter