Chapter 12

[HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE] Beauty and the Beasts
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                                                                                                                            previous chapter re-cap     

Eunmi is still quarantining herself away from the men in the mansion. She is gradually getting weaker because she is not eating nor drinking. With his thermal imaging powers, Junhyung confirms that Eunmi is still alive, but barely breathing and very weak. Doojoon confronts Kikwang, and Doojoon apologizes to Kikwang for blaming him for Eunmi's current condition. Kikwang then remembers that Eunmi is Mr. Hwang's granddaughter, and slightly reconsiders how he should treat Eunmi from now on. Dongwoon exclaims that Eunmi has disappeared from her room. With the help of Hyunseung's powers, they locate her in an astonishing place. Eunmi finds herself in some kind of forest, and tries to get out when a giant bear chases her into a dead end in the forest.

​                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                chapter twelve     

[INDENT] But Eunmi felt nothing. She slowly opened her eyes and gasped; she saw the bear being pinned down by two wolves. One wolf was an off-yellow color while another had a reddish tint to its fur. "Noona!"

[INDENT] Eunmi looked up at the familiar figure running towards her. "Dongwoon..." she called out before slowly closing her eyes from fatigue.

[INDENT] "No, noona! Stay awake!" Dongwoon yelled as he finally kneeled to the ground to shake Eunmi's shoulder. "Noona! Noona!!!" was all Eunmi heard before she out.

[INDENT] "Noona!!!" Dongwoon screamed as he held onto Eunmi's limp body. Was she dead? Did her body finally give out?

[INDENT] Dongwoon heard barking directed towards him, and he turned to the wolf with the red-brown fur. "Take her back to the mansion! She needs medical attention immediately!" Dongwoon translated in his head.

[INDENT] "Okay, Doojoon-hyung!" Dongwoon said as he picked up Eunmi and carried her bridal style in his arms.

[INDENT] Suddenly, a bear came charging at Dongwoon and Eunmi, but not before a white wolf lunged at the bear. "Go, go!" the wolf barked. Another wolf with a light blue tint in its fur joined the white wolf in holding off the bear. "We'll hold off the sleuth! Get back to the mansion!"

[INDENT] "Thanks, Junhyung- and Kikwang-hyung!" Dongwoon yelled as he ran with all his might. He desperately wanted to turn into a wolf, but he couldn't control his transformations quite as well as his hyungs yet; therefore, his transformations always happened randomly. And even if he did transform at this moment, there was no way for Eunmi to hold onto him while she was unconscious.

[INDENT] So all Dongwoon could do was carry Eunmi and run as fast as he could. He knew his way around the forest quite well since he had often trained with his brothers on the escaped animals that lived there. He jumped over a thick root and dodged a low tree branch. "You'll be alright, noona. We'll be home soon, as soon as I get out of this place."

[INDENT] Out of nowhere, a third bear came out from behind a large bush. Dongwoon immediately adjusted Eunmi in his arms and tried to run the other way, but another bear was already there. Dongwoon's eyes widened in fear as he was cornered by the two giant bears. Hyungs, help..., Dongwoon said in his head as he held Eunmi tightly and closed his eyes shut.

[INDENT] As if on cue, someone shouted, "Dongwoon!" Dongwoon opened his eyes to see Hyunseung with his palms out towards the bears. The bears growled in pain as they writhed on the floor. "Escape now while I keep these two in check! And tell us when you've made it back!" Hyunseung said as he concentrated deeply on the bears' minds.

[INDENT] "Thank you, hyung!" Dongwoon said as he got up and ran off again.

[INDENT] Dongwoon struggled to carry Eunmi after carrying her for so long, so he adjust her in his arms and ended up putting her arms around his neck while he placed one hand on her back and the other on her bottom. Dongwoon couldn't help but blush, but now was not the time to blush over skinship.

[INDENT] After a few minutes of running, Dongwoon could see the stone wall that separated the mansion from the wilderness. He saw no bears lurking, so he quickly rushed to the wall. He gently laid Eunmi down and put his hands on the wall. With his all his might, he pushed open the hidden door. Finally, we're almost home free, Dongwoon thought when he picked up Eunmi and put her around his shoulder. He successfully closed the hidden door and decided to leave the door barricade bars off since he knew his brothers were coming back.

[INDENT] Carrying Eunmi bridal style again, Dongwoon ran through the large backyard and got to the porch. Dongwoon swung the door open and entered before the backyard door

Please log in to read the full chapter