Chapter 15

[HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE] Beauty and the Beasts
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                                                                                                                            previous chapter re-cap     

Eunmi has finally woken up from her slumber, and Doojoon and Yoseob decide to tell Eunmi their life stories, which includes the origins of their werewolf powers.

​                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               chapter fifteen     

[INDENT] "Well... that's that." Dongwoon said as he fiddled with his fingers. Meanwhile, Eunmi couldn't comprehend how much pain and torture Yoseob had gone through.

[INDENT] "So... did you all go through the same torture?" Eunmi asked.

[INDENT] Doojoon nodded. "More or less. Some of us just had the antibody injected; others had both the antibody and a different kind of torture practiced on them compared to Yoseob's."

[INDENT] "Like who?"

[INDENT] Dongwoon replied, "You have to see it for yourself, noona. You may have encountered their different powers already!"

[INDENT] "Wait... you all have different powers... besides turning into werewolves?"

[INDENT] "Yes... and no." Yoseob started. "Not all of us have other powers. As Doojoon-hyung mentioned, there are some who just got the antibody injected. The antibody had mutated our bodies' DNA so that we're able to turn into werewolves, if that makes sense. The tortures that we went through while antibody was still fresh in our bodies eventually led to our different powers.

[INDENT] "For example, I went through electric shocks as our adopter's planned torture for me. Ever since then, I've lived with having electrical currents run throughout my body, as if I continue to live with the torture every single day. My hair color has also turned blond as a side effect." He smiled at Eunmi as he ran his hand through his hair.

[INDENT] "When I'm fighting, I can use the electrical currents as an advantange and shock my opponents. I also have super speed, which was how I was immediately there when you almost dropped that plate in the sink." Yoseob said with a grin.

[INDENT] "W-wait... fighting?"

[INDENT] Doojoon answered, "That's for another time. Anyway, what Yoseob said is true and what he's been through is similar to what the rest of us has been through."

[INDENT] Eunmi slowly nodded. "Okay. So what happened after you received your powers?"

[INDENT] "That's when your grandfather came in, noona. You could say that he was our... savior." Dongwoon quietly said.

[INDENT] Junhyung and Dongwoon were silently sleeping on Junhyung's bed as Yoseob and Kikwang playfully wrestled with each other on the ground. Hyunseung read a book as Doojoon stared blankly at the ceiling. "Hyung." Hyunseung called out.

[INDENT] "What?" Doojoon asked mindlessly.

[INDENT] "I'm talking to you via telepathy, not out loud." Hyunseung deadpanned.

[INDENT] Doojoon sighed. "I'm glad that you managed to refine your powers."

[INDENT] "Hey, don't take it on me." Hyunseung muttered. "Are you just bitter by the fact that I didn't get injected and that I can't turn into a werewolf like everyone else? Do you not see how left out I feel?"

[INDENT] Doojoon turned to Hyunseung with an apologetic face. "Oh, sorry, Hyunseung. I didn't mean it like that... It's just so difficult living like this."

[INDENT] Hyunseung gave Doojoon a sad smile. "I know... I can feel everyone's pain... even little Dongwoon's..."

[INDENT] A loud knocking could be heard at the front of the house, and Yoseob and Kikwang immediately stopped wrestling. "What's going on?" Kikwang asked.

[INDENT] "No idea... but Mr. Shim said that we need to hide if we ever hear someone knocking at the front door." Hyunseung said. "Someone wake up the sleepy heads."

[INDENT] "I'll do it!" An electric-blond Yoseob said as he rushed to Junhyung and Dongwoon. Junhyung slowly opened up his eyes while Dongwoon sleepily snuggled into Junhyung's embrace.

[INDENT] "What--" Junhyung started before his lips were clamped shut by Yoseob's fingers.

[INDENT] "We gotta hide! There's someone at the door!"

[INDENT] Junhyung immediately understood and proceeded to get up before walking a bit and falling onto the floor. Yoseob obnoxiously laughed as a result.

[INDENT] "Yah! You try becoming blind, Pikachu!" Junhyung snarled as he crawled underneath his bed with a still sleeping Dongwoon (who was brought down by Yoseob).

[INDENT] Yoseob was about to say something about his new nickname before Doojoon interrupted, "Hey, no fighting. We need to go hide!"

[INDENT] Everyone scrambled and hid under their beds. It was deathly silent in the boys' bedroom and the mansion.

[INDENT] "What now?" Hyunseung's voice sounded in the boys' minds.

[INDENT] Kikwang grumbled. "I don't think I'll ever get used to this. Seriously, stop making your brain waves so harsh in our minds or whatever you call it!"

[INDENT] "Want me to make it even harsher?" Hyunseung said angrily.

[INDENT] "Stop it, both of you." Junhyung cut in. "I can hear and feel someone approaching our door."

[INDENT] "How do you know, hyung?" Yoseob asked. He could feel an electrical tingling running through his hair.

[INDENT] Junhyung only shrugged. "I just know. It's a feeling."

[INDENT] They all heard foostreps approach the door before it stopped. Quietly, there was a knock on the dor. "Boys? Are you in here?"

[INDENT] "Wait a minute... isn't that...?" Doojoon started before the door opened.

[INDENT] A middle-aged man, who looked like the same age as the boys' adopter, entered the room. "Boys?" He looked around the room, not bothering to check under the beds. "Hmm... I wonder where they are... or if the maids are hiding them under his orders..."

[INDENT] Suddenly, a loud yawn broke the silence in the room. The boys whipped their heads to where Dongwoon was. "Dongwoon! Be quiet!" Junhyung nearly hissed in his mind.

[INDENT] But the maknae mumbled out loud, forgetting to use his thoughts to reply back, "But hyung... why are we hiding? Are we playing hide-and-seek with him again?"

[INDENT] Hyunseung repeated, "Be quiet, Dongwoon, or else we'll get--"

[INDENT] The covers that were hiding Hyunseung underneath his bed were suddenly lifted up. "Caught?" The uncoverer asked.

[INDENT] "Mister Hwang?" Hyunseung asked out loud. "What are you doing here? Mister Shim hasn't been home in a while."

[INDENT] "I'm taking you home with me." He simply said as he held out a hand towards Hyunseung.

[INDENT] Cautiously, Hyunseung took the man's hand and got up from under the bed. "Why? Why are you taking us home with you? Our home is right here." Doojoon asked as he and the other boys slowly shown themselves.

Please log in to read the full chapter