Chapter 16

[HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE] Beauty and the Beasts
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                                                                                                                            previous chapter re-cap     

Eunmi learns of the men's story of how they met her grandfather. Gina finally reveals her connection to the men, specifically to Doojoon.

​                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               chapter sixteen     

[INDENT] "I'm... Doojoon's ex-girlfriend."

[INDENT] Eunmi stared incredulously at Gina. The woman, who still looked very young despite the fact she was called 'noona' by the men, was incredible beautiful. She looked like she was a perfect match for Doojoon. So where did the relationship go wrong?

[INDENT] "You probably have a lot of questions for me too, right?" Gina asked with a gentle smile. Eunmi only nodded in return. 

[INDENT] "Well, I won't drag on for too long. I was living in the same orphanage as those boys, and I've grown up with them ever since. I was adopted first, however, into a loving and caring family who fulfilled my needs. I moved to Canada for medical school and I was separated from the boys. After I graduated from medical school, I returned back to this small town; after all, it was my home that I shared with the boys."

[INDENT] Eunmi asked, "Did you end up reuniting with them?"

[INDENT] Gina nodded with a smile on her face. "Yes; shortly after I reunited with them, Doojoon had immediately asked me to be his girlfriend. Being in love with him for so long despite those years of separation, of course I said yes."

[INDENT] Gina leaned back in her chair. "That's what a lot of people said, actually. Even Kikwang liked us being together."

[INDENT] Eunmi's eyes widened. "Kikwang? He doesn't seem like the type to like... anything, to be honest."

[INDENT] Gina let out a loud snort, causing Eunmi to look at her strangely. After a good five minutes of laughing, Gina wiped a tear from her eye. "Wow, that has got to be the most accurate thing said about Kikwang ever, and I've known him for most of his life. Anyway, yes, Kikwang really liked us being together, although he despises Doojoon to no end. However, when it comes to me, he treats me like his beloved older sister."

[INDENT] "I actually have a question..." Eunmi shyly said.

[INDENT] "Shoot."

[INDENT] "I know that Kikwang doesn't seem to like Doojoon, but I've noticed that Kikwang... complies to Dongwoon a lot. Is that true?"

[INDENT] Gina pondered for a bit before nodding in agreement. "Yes, your observation is correct. The reason Kikwang hates Doojoon is because of Dongwoon."

[INDENT] "I... don't understand."

[INDENT] "Ever since they were kids, Doojoon has been the self-appointed leader of the boys. He made sure that he fulfills his duty of taking care of everyone, especially Dongwoon, the maknae. However, Kikwang is also part of the maknae line in the group, and feels that he should take care of Dongwoon. Kikwang gets jealous quite easily, and he always wanted to be there for Dongwoon, but the maknae paid more attention to Doojoon. That's why Kikwang acts so resentful towards Doojoon, because Dongwoon loves him a lot. Of course, Dongwoon loves all of his hyungs, but he loves Doojoon the most."

[INDENT] Eunmi slowly nodded in response. "It's okay if you don't understand; when you see it, you'll know." Gina said with a small smile. "Are you done with your porridge? I'll bring it downstairs."

[INDENT] "Oh, I can bring it downstairs myself. I--" Eunmi held onto the tray tightly before putting a hand to her forehead and slumping back down into her bed. "I still feel really dizzy... was I out for that long?"

[INDENT] Gina took the tray from Eunmi's lap and nodded. "I'm afraid so. It's five in the afternoon right now. Why don't you take a nap before I bring you dinner?"

[INDENT] "Alright, thank you, Gina-ssi." Eunmi said before draping her blanket over her small form."

[INDENT] Before she exited the room, Gina replied, "You can call me 'unnie' if you want, unless you're not comfortable with me yet."

[INDNET] Eunmi replied, "Yes, I don't think I'm comfortable enough with you yet to call you unnie..."

[INDENT] Gina smiled. "Okay. I'll leave you now so you can go rest. I'll be here when you wake up."

[INDENT] "Wait!" Eunmi called out before Gina looked back at her. "How... will you know when I wake up?"

[INDENT] Gina smiled mysteriously in response. "You can ask Hyunseung later. Get some rest." Quietly, Gina shut the door.

[INDENT] Gina entered the kitchen when the men were scattered throughout the kitchen preparing for dinner. She said as she placed the tray to the side and gathered the bowls and utensils, "Wow. This has got to be the first time I've seen all of you in the kitchen."

[INDENT] "Leader-nim demanded that all of us were to cook today for Princess Eunmi." Kikwang huffed.

[INDENT] Doojoon rolled his eyes. "I did not say that at all. Do you really believe him?"

[INDENT] "Did I ever respond to him?" Gina interjected as she placed the bowls and utensils in the sink and prepared to rinse them.

[INDENT] She could feel Junhyung running up from behind her. "Noona! You don't have to wash the dishes. You're our guest, so just sit back and relax as the men take care of things."

[INDENT] Gina scoffed. "And let a blind man wash the dishes? No thanks. Sit down, Junhyung. I can take care of myself, and you don't need to treat me as a guest. That hurts my feelings as a family friend."

[INDENT] Junhyung grumbled a bit before asking. "So... what did Eunmi say or ask you? You didn't say anything embarrassing about us, right?"

[INDENT] "Of course not!" Gina said as she began to soap up the bowls and utensils. "I'll tell her once she gets some rest."

[INDENT] "Noona!" Junhyung and Yoseob whined. "You can't!"

[INDENT] Gina immediately flicked soap on Junhyung's nose. "Yah, I'm your noona. You can't tell me what to do."

[INDENT] "Sorry..." Junhyung said as he pouted.

[INDENT] Yoseob snickered as he passed by them, "Hey, stop that. You look really ugly pouting. Wouldn't you agree, noona?"

[INDENT] "YAH, PIKACHU!" Junhyung roared before proceeding to chase after Yoseob. Miraculously, after living in the mansion for so long, Junhyung managed to pummel Yoseob to the ground without tripping or falling beforehand.

[INDENT] Yoseob yelped, "Noona! Help me! Junhyung-squared's going to beat me up!"

[INDENT] "Sorry, you're on your own, kid." Gina replied as she finished rinsing the bowls and utensils.

[INDENT] Hyunseung timidly walked up next to Gina. "Noona, do you need help putting the bowls away? I can do that as you dry them."

[INDENT] "Oh, sure! Thanks, Hyunseungie." Gina answered with a smile.

[INDENT] As the other men were bickering over Junhyung's and Yoseob's fight, Gina quietly said, "So, I told Eunmi that I'd be back up there when she wakes up, and she asked me how I would know when she's awake while I'm here downstairs."

[INDENT] "And?" Hyunseung asked, focusing on putting some utensils away.

Please log in to read the full chapter